7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -5 ) at Charlotte ( 5 ) —- T: 229
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9 ) at Brooklyn ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 1 ) at Memphis ( -1 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at New Orleans ( -2.5 ) —- T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 8 ) at Okla City ( -8 ) —- T: 220.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 11 ) at Denver ( -11 ) —- T: 221
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 3.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@noddy said...

Not one mention of AD or LeBum

Because it’s Utah. LeBum sucks vs. Utah.

• hobbes2d

@superstars92 said...

I don’t think you can play the Charlotte Cs, especially given the other value. It’s because they will probably do something like play each 18 mins and then the other 12 (when KAT is off the floor or at the end of the game for offense) are for a smaller lineup with Marvin or PJ Washington at the 5. This is pretty much what happened last year.

Yeah I think Marvin is a good punt tonight potentially.

• BerkeleyBoss

@tmarohl said...

I don’t think Kemba is good, so I say no.

Don’t have to be good to get FPS =)

• tmarohl

@noddy said...

To me Lebummer should be about an 8.5K player on FD, and around 8K on DK. Then I would like him.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@hobbes2d said...

Yeah I think Marvin is a good punt tonight potentially.

Do you know what

Hernangomez, Biyombo, and Marvin are projected for (mins and FPs). I’m just curious, want to compare to what I have. I think I’m gonna avoid all 3 because it’s probably gonna be a rotation of the 3 so no one has upside.

• kbsktbll88

@superstars92 said...

I hate it when people are like Giannis needs to develop a 3 to win a title. Actually, all he needed was a few lucky bounces and calls (which are unpredictable) in game 3 of the ECF, and he would have won a title without developing a 3. It helps if he can develop it, but he actually coulda already won without it.

He needs to develop a shot, not necessarily a 3. When he’s hitting 3’s they’re almost always wide open because opposing teams are allowing him to shoot those since they’d rather him take a wide open 3 than bull his way to the rim which 90% of teams can’t defend. He shot 25% from 3 last year which is very bad, even worse when considering most were wide open.

• RAWSHADTX

What does anybody think about Zach Collins PF on FD? He played a little over 30 minutes and going against SAC.

• thedkexperience

@tmarohl said...

I guess I don’t agree with your analysis. If Giannis could make a damn free throw the Bucks would have been the ones playing the GS Warriors last year in the finals. I think a Bucks Sixers matchup would be very entertaining, and would probably be a pickem series.

Why do you think the matchup is horrific for them?

Mostly because most teams have 0 or 1 guys who can reasonably check Giannis without helping while the Sixers have many which lowers the chance of foul trouble. Giannis might still average like 40-15-8 against them because he is an absolute monster, but I don’t think any of the other pieces will be effective since they likely won’t be open at the 3 point line. Since many teams throw the kitchen sink at Giannis they often leave his teammates wide open. That second part will likely not happen against the 76ers, especially now that JJ Redick is out of town.

Also, assume that Giannis has to cover Simmons. Who is gonna stop Embiid on the Bucks? If Embiid is healthy – clearly a big it – he can straight out dominate the Bucks bigs. I actually believe the Sixers are the second worst possible match up for the Bucks in the whole league behind the Clippers.

For what it’s is worth I was hoping for a match up with the Bucks over the Celtics last year for the 76ers because that bum Celtics team probably would have beaten them due to Horford owning space in Embiid’s head.

Like I said … styles make fights. With the absence of one super team this years playoffs are probably going to be more about who plays who and not the best team just winning via talent like so many years in the past.

Sorry for derailing this thread a bit. I’m sure we’ll have plenty of other chances to talk Sixers or Bucks later on.

• JSteele

@superstars92 said...

Because it’s Utah. LeBum sucks vs. Utah.

AD hasn’t been great against them either.

• jessedio

@noddy said...

Shitty match up but their names will attract a bunch of people regardless.

• hobbes2d

@superstars92 said...

Very different situation. The next game he played at Denver, he only got 20 FPs when Booker played and it was at Denver. It’s more like this game than the previous game you are referencing.

Yeah but guys like TJ Warren and Josh Jackson are no longer in Phx. Bridges isn’t getting 30+ mins. So yes the situation is indeed different.

• monarch

@superstars92 said...

Terry Rozier gonna randomly get 60 FPs tonight.

Definitely someone you want to be on the right side of. I’m gonna get some for sure

• JSteele

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Don’t have to be good to get FPS =)

He could have a bounce back spot. He took 18 shots last game. I feel like his peripherals will be down this year because of the way Boston plays. They have a lot of guys who can facilitate the offense, Tatum, Brown, Smart etc. They don’t really need Kemba to be the guy like he was in Charlotte. Plus Tatum is the guy!

• jessedio

Dallas is in such a smash spot but they have no one on their team besides the duo.

• hobbes2d

@superstars92 said...

Do you know what

Hernangomez, Biyombo, and Marvin are projected for (mins and FPs). I’m just curious, want to compare to what I have. I think I’m gonna avoid all 3 because it’s probably gonna be a rotation of the 3 so no one has upside.

I would assume they throw Biyombo out there some to try to guard KAT to start but since KAT can and will be taking 3s they probably don’t want him going out there to defend him. Switching with a much smaller PJ Washington isn’t ideal either. My assumption is Marvin will benefit the most from this matchup.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Do you know what

Marvin 26 Minutes, Bismack 11, Willy 15

• gaelicgirl

@thedkexperience said...

Good luck! It’s tough out there.

Great tips, dk – thanks!

• csandbizzle

Playing Biyombo at all against the Wolves is a recipe for disaster

• JSteele

@hobbes2d said...

I would assume they throw Biyombo out there some to try to guard KAT to start but since KAT can and will be taking 3s they probably don’t want him going out there to defend him. Switching with a much smaller PJ Washington isn’t ideal either. My assumption is Marvin will benefit the most from this matchup.

They did this last year against KAT

Biyombo played 15 minutes
    Hernangomez played 23 minutes
    Williams played 25 minutes

Now the team is obviously a lot different this year but I could see them do what you are suggesting. Start Biyombo, try Hernangomez, play Marvin, maybe even Graham and move everyone down a spot with PJ at the 5. I would almost just stay away from the value plays and focus on the ones who we know will get big minutes, like Bridges, Bacon, Rozier, and Washington.

• tmarohl

@thedkexperience said...

Mostly because most teams have 0 or 1 guys who can reasonably check Giannis without helping while the Sixers have many which lowers the chance of foul trouble. Giannis might still average like 40-15-8 against them because he is an absolute monster, but I don’t think any of the other pieces will be effective since they likely won’t be open at the 3 point line. Since many teams throw the kitchen sink at Giannis they often leave his teammates wide open. That second part will likely not happen against the 76ers, especially now that JJ Redick is out of town.

Also, assume that Giannis has to cover Simmons. Who is gonna stop Embiid on the Bucks? If Embiid is healthy – clearly a big it – he can straight out dominate the Bucks bigs. I actually believe the Sixers are the second worst possible match up for the Bucks in the whole league behind the Clippers.

For what it’s is worth I was hoping for a match up with the Bucks over the Celtics last year for the 76ers because that bum Celtics team probably would have beaten them due to Horford owning space in Embiid’s head.

Like I said … styles make fights. With the absence of one super team this years playoffs are probably going to be more about who plays who and not the best team just winning via talent like so many years in the past.

Sorry for derailing this thread a bit. I’m sure we’ll have plenty of other chances to talk Sixers or Bucks later on.

I do think the Sixers upgraded significantly with Horford and Richardson over Butler and Redick. One thing I would point out is the Bucks now actually have a legitimate backup center. Something they didn’t have last year. So at least you can guard Embiid a little more aggressively. Anyway, in today’s NBA anyone can beat anyone. Especially when you shoot a lot of threes. For instance, the lowly Suns beat the Bucks twice last year, because Phoenix was hitting shots.

• frugal

@jessedio said...

Dallas is in such a smash spot but they have no one on their team besides the duo.

And that is why you play the duo!

More seriously, Brunson had the 3rd most FGA last game though only shot 3-10. I’m not taking him tonight, but if we get a load management night for Luka sometime or Wright gets hurt, look out.

• jessedio

@frugal said...

And that is why you play the duo!

More seriously, Brunson had the 3rd most FGA last game though only shot 3-10. I’m not taking him tonight, but if we get a load management night for Luka sometime or Wright gets hurt, look out.

Yeah I’ll prob just have those two as my core just like the rest of the field. No need to talk myself out of good plays.

• realphipps

Give me Plumdog Millionaire over these other scrub bigs. Potential 8x-10x tonight in a scrimmage game.

• packdog

I’m liking Whiteside as a late night hammer

• thedkexperience

@tmarohl said...

I do think the Sixers upgraded significantly with Horford and Richardson over Butler and Redick. One thing I would point out is the Bucks now actually have a legitimate backup center. Something they didn’t have last year. So at least you can guard Embiid a little more aggressively. Anyway, in today’s NBA anyone can beat anyone. Especially when you shoot a lot of threes. For instance, the lowly Suns beat the Bucks twice last year, because Phoenix was hitting shots.

For sure man. Good and bad shooting nights might be the leading cause of casual fan overreactions league wide because you’re 100% right about that.

I once saw Manute Bol hit like 6 3s. In a one game sample damn near anything is possible which is why it’s often funny to hear people dig their heels in on one specific DFS play. Almost every starter in the league will have 1 game every 4 weeks where he shoots the lights out inexplicably and 1 where he can’t hit anything all outside of the context of the matchup.

If the Suns played the Bucks 82 times they’d probably win 25-30 of them and the Suns stink. Just the way the ball literally bounces!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.