7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -5 ) at Charlotte ( 5 ) —- T: 229
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9 ) at Brooklyn ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 1 ) at Memphis ( -1 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at New Orleans ( -2.5 ) —- T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 8 ) at Okla City ( -8 ) —- T: 220.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 11 ) at Denver ( -11 ) —- T: 221
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 3.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• thedkexperience

Looking over some game logs …

Is Danny Green the 3rd option in LA? Dude took a lot of shots. I’m sure he can’t do that a lot but I don’t recall him ever being 3rd in the pecking order anywhere before.

• incognito11

Core of Doncic, KAT, Beal and LaVine — like it?

• chrisbanas

Is Kyrie a better play than doncic? Kyries got alot more usage

• kbsktbll88

@Packapunch said...

If you watched the game most of the time Marcus Morris was on Ben Simmons. Not Smart. I like the play. Just not as much as last game.

Marcus Morris is on the Knicks. I think you mean Smart?

edit: Well you said not Smart, so…

• Garpeters

Kyrie is tough for me because I think it is going to be a blowout… but if it is a blowout, that likely means that Kyrie had a monster game, and if it isn’t a blowout then Kyrie should have a monster game with all the minutes and shots… I think I just talked myself into now taking Kyrie.

• frugal

@chrisbanas said...

Is Kyrie a better play than doncic? Kyries got alot more usage

Top 3 guard plays for me are them and Lillard. Given how early it is in the season, really tough to predict who’s the best tonight but all 3 are in great spots. Might try a couple different lineups with different combos of them.

• Packapunch

@kbsktbll88 said...

Sorry, don’t know why I said him. Ment G. Hayward. He was guarding him a lot.

• thedkexperience

@chrisbanas said...

Ben Simmons isn’t a normal guard

This is 100% accurate. Simmons got a significant majority of his points in the low post area playing what would essentially be the center position as Embiid drifted off a bit towards what would normally be the 4 spot as JRich handled point.

Above all else ignore every single position label for the Sixers. If you want to look at what the “guard production” would be look at JRich, not Simmons.

• kbsktbll88

@Packapunch said...

Sorry, don’t know why I said him. Ment G. Hayward. He was guarding him a lot.

Oh okay. I didn’t watch the game, was Simmons attempting to take jump shots at all?

• Packapunch

@kbsktbll88 said...

Oh okay. I didn’t watch the game, was Simmons attempting to take jump shots at all?

He was driving a lot to the paint. He had a lot of fast breaks as well.

• thedkexperience

@kbsktbll88 said...

edit: Well you said not Smart, so…

They tried everything. No one person guarded him. Ignore all defensive match ups for and against the 76ers. They switch relentlessly on D since everyone is the same size. On O you’ll get Simmons at PG for 20 minutes and back up 5 for 12 or so.

• thedkexperience

@kbsktbll88 said...

Hahaha no. Never even a thought about it.

• thedkexperience

Random Tip!

For those of your who are not technically inclined enough to build personal models, if you open a full season fantasy basketball league on a major site (I use ESPN) you can change the free agent list to “all” and set it to “today’s games” and then if you go team by team you will have a ready made “model” that can be used each day. This really helps me to determine who is in the rotation for each team and who normally is not.

• realphipps

I like Schroeder, Melli and Plumdog… But no one else does.

• frugal

@thedkexperience said...

They tried everything. No one person guarded him. Ignore all defensive match ups for and against the 76ers. They switch relentlessly on D since everyone is the same size. On O you’ll get Simmons at PG for 20 minutes and back up 5 for 12 or so.

Just an FYI…every team switches all the time. The only position where true H2H matchups matter is at C. Otherwise, it’s more about team defensive scheme vs a player type. I know RG was trying to shift their DvP stuff to something like that, but essentially the positions are now C, Wing, and PG with predominately 3 scoring types: shooter, slasher, and at the bucket. I think creating a DvP model taking that into consideration, something I’m going to work on this season, would provide an edge.

• osuryanf

@realphipps said...

I like Schroeder, Melli and Plumdog… But no one else does.

Schroder was a flaming bag of dog poo last game and his price WENT UP.

No thanks.

• thedkexperience

Are the Raptors missing a rotation piece? I watched the game 2 days ago but didn’t notice that Lowry and FVV played 89 of 96 backcourt minutes. That’s insane.

• JSteele

@thedkexperience said...

Are the Raptors missing a rotation piece? I watched the game 2 days ago but didn’t notice that Lowry and FVV played 89 of 96 backcourt minutes. That’s insane.

• thedkexperience

@frugal said...

Just an FYI…every team switches all the time. The only position where true H2H matchups matter is at C. Otherwise, it’s more about team defensive scheme vs a player type. I know RG was trying to shift their DvP stuff to something like that, but essentially the positions are now C, Wing, and PG with predominately 3 scoring types: shooter, slasher, and at the bucket. I think creating a DvP model taking that into consideration, something I’m going to work on this season, would provide an edge.

No doubt, yes. I didn’t want to plant my flag on the defensive switching of teams I don’t watch 75 times a season. From what I’ve seen I definitely agree with you, I am just certain about it with Philly.

Also, the position swapping on offense by the 76ers is what makes them odd really. Most teams aren’t aren’t trotting out a true 5, a small ball 5, a point 5, a stretch 4 and a pg/sf in their starting LU.

Edit – I 100% agree with your 3 real positions point. I’ve been saying for years the only 3 positions are primary initiator, wing, and interior presence with a few variety of each archetype. The best players in the world play all 3, most all-stars play 2 and 90% of the NBA just one.

• thedkexperience

@JSteele said...

Kawhi Leonard, Delon Wright, Danny Green

Well yeah! Haha. I meant that is currently on the roster lol

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Giannis hit more threes last night than Harden

Please stop with the one game sample size analysis already. How often is Harden going to go 2-13 FGA and 1-8 3PA with 7 TOs, or Curry 8-20 FGA and 2-11 3PA with 8 TOs?

• keephustlincuz

@thedkexperience said...

Davis and Powell…. but they ended up taking sf minutes.

• kbsktbll88

@gaelicgirl said...

Please stop with the one game sample size analysis already. How often is Harden going to go 2-13 FGA and 1-8 3PA with 7 TOs, or Curry 8-20 FGA and 2-11 3PA with 8 TOs?

Wow, dark days when you and I are agreeing on things :)

• JSteele

@thedkexperience said...

Well yeah! Haha. I meant that is currently on the roster lol

Nah, they are just gonna have to run a tight rotation since they don’t have much on the bench like they have in previous years. Although FVV and Lowry do stagger a fair bit but they will get the lions share.

Pascal Siakam shot chart looks a lot like Ben Simmons chart against the Celtics…

• kbsktbll88

Luke Walton confirming Nemanja Bjelica will start tonight for Bagley. Says Harrison Barnes will likely play some 4 now too and that rotations will be tighter. This makes me like the Deadmon Walking even more.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).