7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -5 ) at Charlotte ( 5 ) —- T: 229
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9 ) at Brooklyn ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 1 ) at Memphis ( -1 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at New Orleans ( -2.5 ) —- T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 8 ) at Okla City ( -8 ) —- T: 220.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 11 ) at Denver ( -11 ) —- T: 221
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 3.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Ace15

@tmarohl said...

New season. Many new people to this forum. I think it is important to get some terminology right so everyone is on the same page. I will start.

my bad, was on the UNDER WEIGHT CURRY TEAM.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@noddy said...

Ingram. LaVert. Bacon. Prince.

and now Marvin, Marcus Morris, Buddy, Gallo, Hart is a nice punt, Barton, Crowder…

Yeah SF sucks overall. Might be a punt spot. Marcus is the super safe with upside option I think?

• lineupofpeace

So many cheap bigs with the Ayton suspension and Bagley/Kanter injuries. And Cody Zeller is out too.

Lineup construction on DK seems to lend to stacking some combo of those guys and then paying up for LBJ & Doncic

• JSteele

@kbsktbll88 said...

Yes, I’m guessing he’ll be first off the bench behind Baynes.

Baynes has never averaged more than 18-20 minutes a game too. I think we see about 25-28 minutes from Kaminsky. He had a nice preseason line against Denver too, so not worried about matchup. I like him better off the bench.

• thedkexperience

@monarch said...

This is also the highest KAT has even been at 10800 I believe. Twice he was that last season and did not hit value

With the change in offenses this season 10800 might be the lowest price you get him at all year. This is the first time since high school he has a coach that has given him the keys and just said do your thing.

I fully expect him to be 12000 in short order.

• hobbes2d

hurray for garbage punt night redux! Lol

Be contrarian and build a more balanced LU ;)

• tmarohl

@thedkexperience said...

This is my Embiid take every game the 76ers play. The only all star level centers that are locks for full minutes each time out are those without legit championship aspirations. The Nuggets and Sixers are trying to play the long game and this is gonna keep happening for both teams undoubtedly.

You are correct, that applies to Embiid as well. Embiid’s best games have come in very competitive games. I remember two huge Embiid games against the Bucks last year for instance.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Chris Paul is begging me to play him.

I like Paul and I’ll have some, yet his minutes likely won’t exceed 30-32

• thedkexperience

@hobbes2d said...

I know someone said the same thing 2 days ago. Not sure if it was you but it certainly seemed to work.

Let me ask … do you tend to go balanced in big slates and work more towards a stars and scrubs set up as the slate gets smaller?

• JSteele

@hobbes2d said...

This is what i’m doing, I think. I like a lot of players in that 8-9k tier.

• ushook

@monarch said...

This is also the highest KAT has even been at 10800 I believe. Twice he was that last season and did not hit value

Man he should go nuts tonight!

• JdotBrone

@tmarohl said...

I have Joker rules. He has always been one of my least favorite targets, at least on FD because of his price. He just seems to be the kind of guy to me that never really exceeds value. Not because he isn’t good, but typically because they are very careful with him. If they are crushing, he is not staying in for any mop up duty, which limits his ceiling. When I do play Joker, it is in games that are expected to be competitive. This is the kind of game he may only play 24 minutes. Good luck hitting value, or trying to exceed it with that salary in those minutes.

Jokic actually triple doubled against the Suns in a 28 point blowout last year, was one of his biggest stat lines of the year. Also FWIW Phoenix played Denver competitively in the other 3 games. My biggest fear with Jokic is foul trouble, much greater concern than matchup with him.

• mbunner23

Kaminsky>>Baynes I think.

• monarch

I like Treveon Graham 3300 in a wild defense optional game where all wings eat and if you knew me that’s hard for me to do with him being a VCU Lamb.

• hobbes2d

@tmarohl said...

You are correct, that applies to Embiid as well. Embiid’s best games have come in very competitive games. I remember two huge Embiid games against the Bucks last year for instance.

man those Bucks-Sixers games were some of the best last year. Hope they meet in the playoffs. Hook 7 games of that series straight to my veins.

• queensfinest

baynes is officially starting. 3200 is real nice value even though its a real tough matchup vs jokic

• monarch

The concern for KAT is he could get sped up out of the game where he is shooting lots of early shot clock threes. It’s going to be a track meet and if the Wolves are chasing then it’s better for 27 shots/game Andrew Wiggins.

I’ll still play KAT a lot though. Keep in mind he fails as much as anyone in what we think are great spots.

• JSteele

Usage rate leaders:

Kyrie Irving 40.2
    Kawhi Leonard 39.3
    Dinwiddie 38.8!
    Trae Young 37.3
    Luka Doncic 36.8
    Giannis 35.7
    Curry 35.7
    Beal 35.4
    Siakam 35
    AD 34.5

• incognito11

JOE HARRIS. Cheap. 39 minutes last game.

• thedkexperience

@tmarohl said...

Maybe the best part of the 76ers win two days ago was that they did it mostly in the second half with Embiid on the bench.

Make no mistake … I LOVE EMBIID … I would literally let him move in or adopt him if I needed to, but they are finally realizing that Simmons is one of the best post players in the NBA and part of their growth will be in Embiid becoming a better passer out of the high post to Simmons who is set up in the lowest of the low post areas.

Simmons is a point center and point guard, not a point forward. When they have JRich bring the ball up in times when both Simmons and Embiid are in the game, they will be most effective with Embiid stretching the floor from the 4 with Simmons at the 5.

As soon as they started doing this regularly Boston had no answer and the game was effectively done.

• tmarohl

@JdotBrone said...

Jokic actually triple doubled against the Suns in a 28 point blowout last year, was one of his biggest stat lines of the year. Also FWIW Phoenix played Denver competitively in the other 3 games. My biggest fear with Jokic is foul trouble, much greater concern than matchup with him.

There are exceptions to every rule. For instance, I try not to go out of may way to play LBJ, but If I think he is priced appropriately and is in a good spot, I will play him. I just don’t think this is a good spot for him. Feels like they get a big lead and give some of their young guys some run. If this is their home opener, that could make it a better spot as you always want to please the fans.

• Njsum1

@Smallchimp said...

Not to beat the Curry thing to death, but this brings up the “die on a hill” nature of any forum where being right “matters.” Obviously we need to make calls for our lineups because most of us aren’t really afforded the luxury of being too speculative on every play, but people on either side of a polarizing debate seem to go a little too far to fight for their side while not allowing the forum to have both opinions present. Last night’s Curry debate was a very textbook style argument, a player in a typically “bad” match up is his team’s top option by a long shot. Match up’s matter…until they don’t. Usage matters…until it doesn’t. You can go down the list. Both sides had plenty of ammo, but the forum isn’t about “beating” the other side, it’s about making a case for why you feel a way about a play. You don’t “win” when you steer people on/off a certain play. We’re all friends here, if anything, we should be going after tout info that’s intentionally misleading.

I’m going to stand up and take a bow here. All my posts about curry yesterday said exactly this. He’s got a bad matchup, yet insane usage. Think I posted 4 times to be equal weight to very slightly underweight curry and move on. I think I said I was going to make my stand elsewhere.

I did this and profited 1.5x my entry fees yesterday. Full fade, I would have made more, all-in I would have been crushed. Sometimes you gotta know when the fight Isn’t worth it.

• thedkexperience

@hobbes2d said...

man those Bucks-Sixers games were some of the best last year. Hope they meet in the playoffs. Hook 7 games of that series straight to my veins.

The sixers lost to the Raptors in 7 and never played the Bucks.

For what it’s worth the Bucks might win more regular season games but they will get woodshedded in a 7 game serious against the 76ers, especially now. There are maybe 5 people in the NBA who can guard Giannis, the Sixers start 3 of them.

Edit – lol, I can’t read. You didn’t say what I thought you did. My bad.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@JdotBrone said...

As a Knicks fan a couple notes from last game:
    Randle got hurt late in the game against SA, nothing dramatic but definitely was in some pain. Something to monitor at least.

Sounds like MRob is planning on playing which makes Portis a much riskier play. If MRob is ruled out I am locking in Kyrie and Caris as that interior defense was absolutely pathetic Wednesday night.

Marcus Morris seems to be getting the green light to do whatever he wants on offense.

Just a hunch but it feels like Elfrid gets a lot of run tonight.

Good info, thank you. We need one forum member assigned to every team for our daily can’t see that in the box scores update.

• hobbes2d

@thedkexperience said...

I know someone said the same thing 2 days ago. Not sure if it was you but it certainly seemed to work.

Let me ask … do you tend to go balanced in big slates and work more towards a stars and scrubs set up as the slate gets smaller?

Honestly it depends on each slate since obviously every night is different. Like tonight on DK I like a lot of guys in the mid 5 K range mostly because I think they’ll be in competitive games + their mins and usage is there for them to have massive ceiling even above what they showed in the first game. Examples of this would be Oubre, Bacon, and FVV. I also still really like Covington, who I was all about 2 nights ago. The pace of that game should be nuts and they’ll be plenty of peripherals for him to pick up.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).