7:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -5 ) at Charlotte ( 5 ) —- T: 229
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 9 ) at Brooklyn ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 1 ) at Memphis ( -1 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at New Orleans ( -2.5 ) —- T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 8 ) at Okla City ( -8 ) —- T: 220.5
    9:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 11 ) at Denver ( -11 ) —- T: 221
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 3.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• kbsktbll88

@hobbes2d said...

Only problem is letting Wiggins shoot them lmao. KAT is one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league. It’s a travesty Wiggins is allowed to touch and shoot the ball more than him.

I actually like Wiggins tonight at $6k

• hobbes2d

@JSteele said...

Yea, I love Tatum and Bacon tonight. I hope people chase Graham in this one. He had ridiculous efficiency for that stat line and was like 7/9 or something.

Bacon was 8/21, Tatum was 8/22

Could you imagine if they hit like 5 more shots each?

That’s what I’m hoping they do lol. I really love Tatum for the season and had interest even against Philly. He still had just under 40 vs a great defensive team and a poor shooting night. Think he smashes tonight vs Toronto, who I believe he’s done decently against in the past. Plus that game should go small with Boston having no legit C on the floor.

Graham has been hot since preseason and he faced Coby White D lmao. Those 2 were on fire. Graham’s TS% was 1.100 or something which I didn’t even know was possible. I also like Shabazz Napier as a punt as well since he ALSO shot poorly vs BKN and is like 3rd in usage after KAT/Wiggins on Minn.

• hobbes2d

@kbsktbll88 said...

I just can’t play dudes who only get to value by shooting the lights out. Like I’d rather play RoCo or even punt Graham from the same team lol.

• kbsktbll88

@hobbes2d said...

That’s what I’m hoping they do lol. I really love Tatum for the season and had interest even against Philly. He still had just under 40 vs a great defensive team and a poor shooting night. Think he smashes tonight vs Toronto, who I believe he’s done decently against in the past. Plus that game should go small with Boston having no legit C on the floor.

Graham has been hot since preseason and he faced Coby White D lmao. Those 2 were on fire. Graham’s TS% was 1.100 or something which I didn’t even know was possible. I also like Shabazz Napier as a punt as well since he ALSO shot poorly vs BKN and is like 3rd in usage after KAT/Wiggins on Minn.

I also like Tatum as long as his price is under $7k. Usage has been very high since preseason compared to the last. They’re grooming him to be the man.

• JSteele

@kbsktbll88 said...

I took out the overtime to adjust their FGA

Wiggins with 25
    Kyrie with 27

• kbsktbll88

@hobbes2d said...

I just can’t play dudes who only get to value by shooting the lights out. Like I’d rather play RoCo or even punt Graham from the same team lol.

Yeah I mean I never play him either. But in this case at $6,000 against one of the worst teams in the league, his floor is probably like 20-25 points. He has 40-50 point upside when he does go off. Strictly a GPP play of course.

• queensfinest

theis or baynes?

• tmarohl

@hobbes2d said...

I agree. There are nights where guys like Booker, Wiggins, will be in winning lineups. With that said, there is a lot of variance in outcomes with those kind of guys. That is why they are strictly GPP plays.

• SteeloCity

I think I have a solid lineup for tonight, looking for some validation though. I’ll leave out a few pieces as to not violate the forum rules. I’m on FD lol.

Luka, Payton, Bacon, Hart, Siakam, Tatum, Kaminsky

• pocket7ns

Not mad at either of the following options at first glance:

Kyrie playing in a battle of the boroughs (NY vs Brooklyn) on the heels of a 50 burger. He will really want to “show out” tonight.

Marcus Morris @ 5200 after 18 FG attempts last game

“Bounce back game” Beal @ 8600

Aron “Insane in the mem(Baynes)” @ 3200

• thedkexperience

@hobbes2d said...

I mean even if he’s passive he’s still likely going to have a double double at below 6K and that’s before the stocks he might add vs a very young Charlotte team who will be turnover prone.

Woah woah woah there …

Covington averaged 5.7 rebounds last year and has never exceeded 6.5 in a season. We shouldn’t just start assuming double doubles.

• JSteele

@SteeloCity said...

I think I have a solid lineup for tonight, looking for some validation though. I’ll leave out a few pieces as to not violate the forum rules. I’m on FD lol.

Luka, Payton, Bacon, Hart, Siakam, Tatum, Kaminsky

It looks really solid, I’m hesitant on a guy like Payton because Fizdale doesn’t care about your DFS lineups. Dennis Smith Jr could be the guy today and then Trier the next or RJ Barrett starts playing point. who knows

• hobbes2d

@kbsktbll88 said...

I also like Tatum as long as his price is under $7k. Usage has been very high since preseason compared to the last. They’re grooming him to be the man.

Yeah I think he’s going to become the guy we saw flashes of during his rookie year.

• JdotBrone

@Isolitary18 said...

Pretty torn between Luka or Kyrie on DK. Luka only 200 more and DAL/NO seems like a better matchup and more fast paced. Can see BKN blowing the knicks out tonight. Thoughts?

This Knicks team isn’t very good but they have some hard nosed prideful guys on this years roster. I see them getting up and staying at least competitive for tonight’s game especially with the obvious recent history between these two teams.

• hobbes2d

@kbsktbll88 said...

Yeah I mean I never play him either. But in this case at $6,000 against one of the worst teams in the league, his floor is probably like 20-25 points. He has 40-50 point upside when he does go off. Strictly a GPP play of course.

Not sure 40 pts is enough when there’s dudes priced lower than him in the 5K range who have higher ceiling than he does. Like you’re basically hoping he has a top level outcome.

• JdotBrone

@JSteele said...

It looks really solid, I’m hesitant on a guy like Payton because Fizdale doesn’t care about your DFS lineups. Dennis Smith Jr could be the guy today and then Trier the next or RJ Barrett starts playing point. who knows

Yep definite concern. I bet Payton gets first shot but 3 missed shots and 2 turnovers and we’ll see a quick hook for sure.

• kwest

Taurean Prince price moved up to $15 from $13 but is still in play.

• kbsktbll88

@thedkexperience said...

Woah woah woah there …

Covington averaged 5.7 rebounds last year and has never exceeded 6.5 in a season. We shouldn’t just start assuming double doubles.

He was grabbing a ton of boards in preseason. It might not mean much, but imo with the Wolves looking to push the pace it will benefit Covington who plays the 4 with Layman/Graham at the 3. If they’re looking to push the pace, it probably means KAT grabs less boards and he gets off running rather than getting the open defensive board and leaves it for RoCo. He had 9 boards last game. He may not average a double double, but like hobbes said he’s a good candidate for more boards this year with double double upside.

• tmarohl

Speculation is that Rondo may start tonight. He looks pretty cheap on FD.

• kbsktbll88

@hobbes2d said...

Not sure 40 pts is enough when there’s dudes priced lower than him in the 5K range who have higher ceiling than he does. Like you’re basically hoping he has a top level outcome.

This is true. Still going over the slate, I’m sure I will find better options in that price range.

• realphipps

Melli 3.4k.

Question is, does he hit the rim tonight or just continue stripping the net?

• hobbes2d

@tmarohl said...

I agree. There are nights where guys like Booker, Wiggins, will be in winning lineups. With that said, there is a lot of variance in outcomes with those kind of guys. That is why they are strictly GPP plays.

See I would argue he’s more of a cash play because we know he’s going to jack up 25 shots and more than likely get you 25 FP. For GPPs I want guys who can break a slate which is something that doesn’t describe Wiggins lol.

Like Oubre is $400 less and has the same usage (actually goes up to near 35% with no Ayton) and has shown 45 pt upside a lot since moving to the Suns and now Ayton is out to boot. Also I hate to use past games sometimes but Oubre went for 52.3 DK with PHX against Denver last January soo…lol

• thedkexperience

@tmarohl said...

Who are those three? Because two of those three were on the Sixers last year, and they were both taken to the woodshed in the games they played. The third one was taken to the woodshed 4/5 games in the playoffs.

Simmons, Embiid and most certainly Horford. Look, no one is shutting down Giannis but over 7 games they have some of the only guys who can give him issues.

We aren’t talking about DFS here. We’re talking about a 7 game series. Sixers probably beat them in 5. Just a horrific matchup for Milwaukee. Conversely if the 76ers play the Rockets – who Milwaukee would pummel in a 7 gamer – the Rockets would beat the doors off them. Styles make fights and there is a reason the Sixers took the Raptors to 7 and the the Raptors cooked Milwaukee a week later.

• Sinthetix

Anyone taking a shot on Jamal Muray? In the pre season he had 16-8-6 against the Suns and also has a recent 70 burger against them.

• jessedio

Who tf are these Suns players. Never even heard of most of these dudes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).