NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2.5 ) at Chicago ( -2.5 ) —- T: 200.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 8.5 ) at Memphis ( -8.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 4.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -4.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 2 ) at Portland ( -2 ) —- T: 211
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 1.5 ) at Sacramento ( -1.5 ) —- T: 203

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Dfspacman

Any love for Dwight Powell on a back to back? Nowitski likely to get less minutes..
    Thoughts on Zach Randolph?

• Jeremy2160

Salary aside nurkic or markkanen on DK?

• billholler

Marcus Smart is your low owned semi-stud for tonight. He was at shoot around so usually a good sign. The fact that he still shows as questionable will lower his ownership. If he happens to sit, you will know before lock and you can switch him out for Rozier who is the same price.

• Brian7479

@Cooper08 said...

By fading ABC over Boogie you get $500 on DK and $600 on FD. This allows you to create a much more balanced lineup?

Friendly reminder from the beginning of Ly. DDR started out the season on fire for the first three weeks. Everyone kept saying he can’t continue to hit these numbers. Well those that kept fading him continued to burn money while those that played him continued to increase bankroll. Keep playing ABC until he has that down game.

I disagree in the fact that when ABC has a down game I’ll be playing him for a bounce back game unless it’s a “bad” matchup for him.

• buzzkilloton

I was considering Skal but my fear is Cousins just going crazy and putting the entire frontcourt in foul trouble. Esp the young guys like Skal foul trouble is a concern. If he was closer to 4k id feel better about him but hes 4700.

• colb24

@Ndepompei said...

harrison barnes is so cheap I don’t want to play him but feel like I need to

I hear ya …. I did it I don’t like it and that’s it

• Ndepompei

@colb24 said...

I hear ya …. I did it I don’t like it and that’s it

combine him with jj barea and they need 47 DK points to hit value I think odds are good that they hit at least that

• pbr713

@elementasrat said...

BTW, the guy who won the big $5 GPP on DK last night had 150 entries. Second place also had 150 entries. They also took 3rd and 4th place respectively.

5th place had 102 entries. 6th place had 150 entries. 7th had 101 entries. 8th place had 150 entries.

I could go on and on, but I think you get my point. DK should really consider sticking to 20 max.

So annoying when people say 150 entries versus 20 entries isn’t a big deal.

He also won the triple threat last night too

• queensfinest

enough cheap value to play both greek freak and cousins?? if so, who??

• dgballer

So if Brow can’t go does that mean Cunningham will start?

• gillio

@queensfinest said...

enough cheap value to play both greek freak and cousins?? if so, who??

No

• Hiqhliqht

Blake/Gasol or Giannis/P. Bev in cash?

• emnj69

I will do one line up with boogie but I have a sneaky feeling he gets into foul trouble or gets ejected tonight in his revenge game as he sometimes looses control out there

after paul george last night even the mention of revenge game makes me cringe

PG new name for me is pure garbage-guy is my kryptonite -every time I play him he gets in foul trouble or has “one of those games”

• colb24

@Ndepompei said...

combine him with jj barea and they need 47 DK points to hit value I think odds are good that they hit at least that

Exactly what I have

• NarrowJ

People always say to avoid the chalk in GPP, but we’re talking specifically about higher priced guys that will kill your lineup, yeah? I have a hard time fading guys that are 3000 getting 30+ minutes just because they’ll be highly owned. Last night wasn’t the first time I’ve seen someone win a shitpopload of money with a highly owned 3k punt getting like 12 points. Happened last year when Speights started and was 50% owned and scored liked 15- guy won the tournament with him anyway haha.

• TheAnswer

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

Is Zach Randolph in play tonight or is the pace of the game too fast for him (ie. pivot to Skal)?

• bigkino217

@NarrowJ said...

People always say to avoid the chalk in GPP, but we’re talking specifically about higher priced guys that will kill your lineup, yeah? I have a hard time fading guys that are 3000 getting 30+ minutes just because they’ll be highly owned. Last night wasn’t the first time I’ve seen someone win a shitpopload of money with a highly owned 3k punt getting like 12 points. Happened last year when Speights started and was 50% owned and scored liked 15- guy won the tournament with him anyway haha.

avoiding chalk for no other reason than it being chalk is stupid. the winning lineups every night almost always have a good amount of chalk. you might want to get 1-2 low owned players to separate yourself, but making a team full of non-chalk almost always ends in disaster.

• HuskerAaron

@elementasrat said...

BTW, the guy who won the big $5 GPP on DK last night had 150 entries. Second place also had 150 entries. They also took 3rd and 4th place respectively.

5th place had 102 entries. 6th place had 150 entries. 7th had 101 entries. 8th place had 150 entries.

I could go on and on, but I think you get my point. DK should really consider sticking to 20 max.

The guy that finished 347th had 4 entries.

Shiggga Bow Wow.

• iron_tactics

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2017/10/anthony_davis_expected_to_thur.html

• mbunner23

Assuming Davis sits, and it looks like that will happen. Cousins > ABC in cash. Love Gasol and Nurkic, not concerned with Nurkic foul trouble tonight, because he’s guarding a guy who doesn’t have any offensive game. I think he is an absolute steal. Also love Holiday if Davis is out.

• pn3

@gillio said...

Love Collins tonight but why doesn’t he get good minutes? Even with 21 and 18 minutes his last two games he’s dropped double doubles. Gonna make it 3 straight vs the Bulls

if i knew he would play 25 minutes+ i’d play him but i’m just not sure he can go for a double/double again in 18-20 minutes, that’s just pushing it

• Ndepompei

Have one lineup with nobody under 5k and nobody above Blake that I like a lot…might just go all balanced tonight

• steelcitydozer

@billholler said...

Marcus Smart is your low owned semi-stud for tonight. He was at shoot around so usually a good sign. The fact that he still shows as questionable will lower his ownership. If he happens to sit, you will know before lock and you can switch him out for Rozier who is the same price.

Nice idea defiantly will try a lineup or 2 with that idea.
    Who ever said this forum has bad plays or advice mention ,should recognize this as GOOD advice in gpps

• miceing

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any insight on what contests I should enter with a bankroll of $5 a night for GPPs. For example: 20 quarter arcade, 5 $1, etc. Or does it just come down to personal preference? Im not sure with the rakes and such if there is a clear advantage. Thanks.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

@elementasrat said...

Of course, more entries equals more chances and a better shot at having the nuts. Was someone arguing against it? That said, it can be done and I’m living proof with my 1 bullet on Monday in the $33 with a ticket. Make a good enough lu and it can be done.

Agree with your point about 20 max, though, which is why I mostly play single entry, 3 entry max and then a couple in a large field gpp.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).