NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2.5 ) at Chicago ( -2.5 ) —- T: 200.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 8.5 ) at Memphis ( -8.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 4.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -4.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 2 ) at Portland ( -2 ) —- T: 211
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 1.5 ) at Sacramento ( -1.5 ) —- T: 203

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• billholler

@rebkell said...

Willie Cauley-Stein 4.38% 27.00 25.00

Guessing this didn’t help. Give me those 2 points back and I’m in 7th instead of 22nd

• mbyrd75

crazy how just a few decisions can put you from top 50 to min cash. Just looking at my final player pool and the 3 trash performances that held down my best LU. there were guys right around the same money each spot that way outperformed the 3 i actually played. Had em in the pool but just chose wrong.

• chronoxiong

Malcolm Delaney-You suck! No more!
    Garrett Temple-I picked him over Denzel Valentine and paid the price for it.
    Evan Turner-Crushing value since the season started. I played him tonight and he sucked.
    Ed Davis-Racking up double doubles and at 4.2k, what can go wrong? He got in foul trouble and scored 1 pt while grabbing 10 rebounds. Ugh.

If you didn’t get where I’m going, I lost tonight and donated $20 for the night. I faded Boogie because I thought that by having Boogie and Giannis in the same lineup, I’m going to be stuck playing risky punts. That usually means I will most likely fail. So my thought process became all jumbled up. God I hate this. I hate rostering punt plays who have been killing it only to kill me when I finally roster them too.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Malcolm Delaney-You suck! No more!
    Garrett Temple-I picked him over Denzel Valentine and paid the price for it.
    Evan Turner-Crushing value since the season started. I played him tonight and he sucked.
    Ed Davis-Racking up double doubles and at 4.2k, what can go wrong? He got in foul trouble and scored 1 pt while grabbing 10 rebounds. Ugh.

If you didn’t get where I’m going, I lost tonight and donated $20 for the night. I faded Boogie because I thought that by having Boogie and Giannis in the same lineup, I’m going to be stuck playing risky punts. That usually means I will most likely fail. So my thought process became all jumbled up. God I hate this. I hate rostering punt plays who have been killing it only to kill me when I finally roster them too.

Having Boogie and Giannis in the lineup was the key to winning.

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

Well yeah, I see that now in a lot of my cash games and GPPs. Problem for me is I am then stuck having to play risky ass punts and I mentioned that in the previous post. I seem to have such bad luck picking punt plays because every time I do, they all bust on me! So frustrating.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Well yeah, I see that now in a lot of my cash games and GPPs. Problem for me is I am then stuck having to play risky ass punts and I mentioned that in the previous post. I seem to have such bad luck picking punt plays because every time I do, they all bust on me! So frustrating.

Been a rough week for me as well. We will both turn it around.

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

Been a rough week for me as well. We will both turn it around.

It’s the prices being jacked up that is getting to me too. Making me struggle more than ever now because FD and DK are adjusting prices quick.

By the way, people getting lucky with their fricken punt plays. Jameer Nelson was a guy who rewarded his owners tonight. I’m pretty sure if I had played him, he would’ve stunk up the joint. Jarrell Martin? Dante Cunningham? Cheick Diallo? Who seriously feels comfortable rostering any of these players? They kill you more than they help you!

• damionismyname

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@chronoxiong said...

You almost have to pick a few punts on a slate like this with 2 high scorers like abc and dmc. You just have to risk it in gpp and hope it pans out.

• Kamais_Ookin

I had giannis and cousins in the same line up together and still didn’t cash. Deplorable day of fantasy all around. Once again a pick or 2 off from top placings in nfl small slate today too.

• Kamais_Ookin

Meanwhile 2nd placer in four point play had giannis and cousins together but had ALL punts correct. Lucky mutha

• emoney1214

I went safer, faded Giannis and played Boogie, with Jrue and Kyrie, while playing some midrange that I was comfortable with and it worked well. In general, I feel like the mid tier prices this year are jacked up, pushing me towards stars and scrubs. It’s just some nights the scrubs seem so risky, like last night, but it worked out for most people who went that way. Giannis had a poor first half, but he is such a focal point it’s hard for him to fail unless he gets in foul trouble. Like someone else said, these guaranteed raw points are huge on small slates, and I think he is way easier to fade on a 10/11 game slate at his current price.

• madmanjayWV

A little birdie told me before he died from #AMESFIRE
    LONZO/POPE/DeROZ and POEltl

• madmanjayWV

#YAHOO =
    BUDGET
    $180
    AVG. SALARY REMAINING
    $30(6 Players)
    AVG. FPPG
    Player Starting Lineup Pos Name FPPG Salary Remove
    PG
    Select Point Guard
    SG
    Spencer Dinwiddie
    SG BKN NY, 7:30 PM 22.7 $10 G Select Guard SF Select Small Forward PF "(player-popup #jakob-poeltl)Jakob Poeltl":/players/jakob-poeltl-35187 PF TOR LAL, 10:30 PM
    $10

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

The complete Boogie fade (except 1 lu that scored 320) did not go as planned. Wow. Got too cute or dumb, I guess but it looked good for awhile before I went to sleep. Still a decent profit thanks to smashing pick em but fi use Boogie in Tier 1 instead of ABC, I would have won one pick em entry and top5 another other one Crazy. That’s how well I chose the other tiers. I really like pick em.

• hautalak

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

I guess on small slates I just have to keep plugging in like every 3-4K player and just hope one of them hits. I never even considered plugging in ABC and Boogie in the same lineup. The top scores from last night amaze me. Yeah everybody wanted ABC, Boogie, and Gasol but who feels comfortable doing that? I’m guessing most don’t but run with it anyway. Still cashed 2/3 but nothing exciting. One of these days there will be no “value” going for 10x or whatever the hell is going on with some of these guys. That’s the life of NBA DFS now though. Take the guaranteed points and throw some value darts. On to today!

• jimmyd1507

@tmarohl said...

Having Cousins, Gasol, and Horford were the key to winning.

Guy that won didn’t have ABC. He took Barnes, Holiday, Valentine, Muscala.

• jwq14

I’m glad im not the only one in here to where I feel that when I select a stud or scrub that’s been playing well all of a sudden they play like shit. This has been happening to me all freaking week. I honestly think I had better luck on NFL slates which is crazy. I do all the research look at the past and present data and cant seem to get the right people aligned. I pickem and they seem to cant throw a rock into the ocean. Its not everyone but its always just enough to let a few LUs win minimum cash to where im still underwater from what $ I put in. Nauseating. Ill even try to stick with a player 2 or 3 times in a row when they are having a bad streak and the day I decide ok that’s enough, they go HAM! Its like they know when you don’t play them. Looking at the winning LUs at the end of the night pisses me off more than ever too lol. Its like WHY COULDNT U DO THAT WHEN I SELECTED YOUR ASS????? Idk I guess gotta keep trying but my patience is def running very thin. Might as well drive down the road and throw money out the window sometimes.

And another thing, when the hell is the Kings Head Coach gonna wake up and start Fox over Hill? Hill fn sux and robs Fox of valuable mins. Fox is way better athlete and can help them win much more than Hill. I get Hill is a veteran and all and you want to put trust in him, but time to admit the future of rebuilding is through Fox.

• noddy

@hautalak said...

I guess on small slates I just have to keep plugging in like every 3-4K player and just hope one of them hits. I never even considered plugging in ABC and Boogie in the same lineup. The top scores from last night amaze me. Yeah everybody wanted ABC, Boogie, and Gasol but who feels comfortable doing that? I’m guessing most don’t but run with it anyway. Still cashed 2/3 but nothing exciting. One of these days there will be no “value” going for 10x or whatever the hell is going on with some of these guys. That’s the life of NBA DFS now though. Take the guaranteed points and throw some value darts. On to today!

Yep

• noddy

@jwq14 said...

I’m glad im not the only one in here to where I feel that when I select a stud or scrub that’s been playing well all of a sudden they play like shit. This has been happening to me all freaking week. I honestly think I had better luck on NFL slates which is crazy. I do all the research look at the past and present data and cant seem to get the right people aligned. I pickem and they seem to cant throw a rock into the ocean. Its not everyone but its always just enough to let a few LUs win minimum cash to where im still underwater from what $ I put in. Nauseating. Ill even try to stick with a player 2 or 3 times in a row when they are having a bad streak and the day I decide ok that’s enough, they go HAM! Its like they know when you don’t play them. Looking at the winning LUs at the end of the night pisses me off more than ever too lol. Its like WHY COULDNT U DO THAT WHEN I SELECTED YOUR ASS????? Idk I guess gotta keep trying but my patience is def running very thin. Might as well drive down the road and throw money out the window sometimes.

And another thing, when the hell is the Kings Head Coach gonna wake up and start Fox over Hill? Hill fn sux and robs Fox of valuable mins. Fox is way better athlete and can help them win much more than Hill. I get Hill is a veteran and all and you want to put trust in him, but time to admit the future of rebuilding is through Fox.

Me too. When I finally pick a player they all of a sudden suck. Happens all the time to me

• jgootz421

@billholler said...

Guessing this didn’t help. Give me those 2 points back and I’m in 7th instead of 22nd

These stat corrections are so ridiculous, its absurd they cant get it right. Im terrified of being near the top after games end and having to sweat stat corrections.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).