Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Washington ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Chicago ( 2 ) —- T: 210.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -2 ) at Portland ( 2 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -8.5 ) at Sacramento ( 8.5 ) —- T: 206

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• frugal

@TeHDruiD said...

Dwight Howard is my favorite C tonight, just being honest. In terms of your 2 guys, I’d go Jordan over Aldridge 9 times out of 10 tonight

This is a history bias though as Aldridge just hasn’t done good against Cousins in the past. It doesn’t mean he won’t go off, I just feel much better with the other options you’d have available to you at C

Yes, the game logs don’t look good. However, Cousins can’t guard both Aldridge and Gasol.

• RyanM1512

@TeHDruiD said...

Dwight Howard is my favorite C tonight, just being honest. In terms of your 2 guys, I’d go Jordan over Aldridge 9 times out of 10 tonight

This is a history bias though as Aldridge just hasn’t done good against Cousins in the past. It doesn’t mean he won’t go off, I just feel much better with the other options you’d have available to you at C

Why about LMA at PF? any other options you recommend? Horford, milsap for example

• Ty127

Is ty Lawson a must or I’m overthinking?

• Yacht67

I think I like Gibson at the center position on DK.

• TeHDruiD

@frugal said...

Yes, the game logs don’t look good. However, Cousins can’t guard both Aldridge and Gasol.

This is the dilemma I have in my head right now. Part of me says Pau Gasol destroys tonight, but then his minutes against the Warriors throw me off. Pau has had some really big games against Cousins, where Aldridge just hasn’t. I feel like Pau could be the best center on the board tonight, but his minutes are messing with me

• Klb835

@TeHDruiD said...

@slpanthers24 has been around this long enough to understand there is never anything for certain once the ball gets tipped. Variance happens every night, great plays stink, all the chalk value hits etc

That’s kinda why I brought up the fade value chalk point because it’s easier to be different with your value than it is with the star players because these guys are cheap for a reason (usually they’re not very good/don’t get a lot of minutes). In the case of Simmons, everything just adds up too perfectly. Either he’s going to hit as the chalk or he’s going to hurt a large majority of lineups tonight. It’s a fine line, that’s for sure, so I respect slpanthers saying what he just said, nothing is every cut and dry in this industry and there are a billion different ways to go about building lineups

I personally can never fully fade the value chalk, but I also run 10-30 lineups per night. If you’re running 1, you have to take a stand. Either you’re rostering Simmons and hoping he has another big game, or you’re fading him and hoping he hurts a lot of people. AH this DFS thing is fickle lol

Ya I struggle with this. Built 4-5 lineups yesterday. Couldn’t keep myself from playing westbrook in them. All the people that scored 400+ didnt have westbrook. I still scored 367 but I am always afraid of missing out on the big points. Like curry on opening night. Couldn’t let myself not play him. Just been burned in the past by sitting in 5th place then some ahole goes off for 60+ points.

Meanwhile I can only get my lineup to 303 tonight. Hope that’s enough to cash. I don’t see a whole lot of 55+ tonight.

• TeHDruiD

@RyanM1512 said...

Why about LMA at PF? any other options you recommend? Horford, milsap for example

Griffin, Millsap, Ed Davis, Markieff Morris

I like all of those at PF. I don’t play on DK, so I don’t know what is eligible where and all of that. Horford is in a great spot if he’s PF eligible

• Raven2012champs

@slpanthers24 said...

Except when it doesn’t workout that way. Every day is a new day. Punt Chalk plays work out sometimes and sometimes they don’t. Luck factor kicks in with this low end guys.

No Pau no chow tonight draft pau gasol in every lineup must own he’ll svo 55 dk points tonight

• RyanM1512

@TeHDruiD said...

Griffin, Millsap, Ed Davis, Markieff Morris

I like all of those at PF. I don’t play on DK, so I don’t know what is eligible where and all of that. Horford is in a great spot if he’s PF eligible

I was thinking about Horford to replace aldridge, but I’m just thinking if Kofus is on him he will eat

• Raven2012champs

No Pau no chow tonight draft pau gasol in every lineup must own he’ll svo 55 dk points tonight

• MikesWorld28

Does Dwight hurt millsaps production? Does anyone have both in the same lu?

• frugal

@TeHDruiD said...

This is the dilemma I have in my head right now. Part of me says Pau Gasol destroys tonight, but then his minutes against the Warriors throw me off. Pau has had some really big games against Cousins, where Aldridge just hasn’t. I feel like Pau could be the best center on the board tonight, but his minutes are messing with me

I think part of that was matchup based and due to getting a lead very early. The Kings will play Cousins big minutes and Pops might want to keep some size on the floor to match up. But I’m 100% with you and don’t have a ton of Gasol, Plumlee is my fav tonight.

• TeHDruiD

I feel like I have to be clear though, I only talk from a GPP standpoint. Please don’t take anything I say into consideration for cash. I think Aldridge, Wade (everyone else I kinda crapped on today) are all fine in cash. For GPP’s it’s an upside thing for me, I’m not seeing it with Aldridge. For as much as I’ve talked poorly about Simmons in GPP’s, I felt like I had to make this post because he’s a no brainer in cash

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@TeHDruiD said...

@slpanthers24 has been around this long enough to understand there is never anything for certain once the ball gets tipped. Variance happens every night, great plays stink, all the chalk value hits etc

That’s kinda why I brought up the fade value chalk point because it’s easier to be different with your value than it is with the star players because these guys are cheap for a reason (usually they’re not very good/don’t get a lot of minutes). In the case of Simmons, everything just adds up too perfectly. Either he’s going to hit as the chalk or he’s going to hurt a large majority of lineups tonight. It’s a fine line, that’s for sure, so I respect slpanthers saying what he just said, nothing is every cut and dry in this industry and there are a billion different ways to go about building lineups

I personally can never fully fade the value chalk, but I also run 10-30 lineups per night. If you’re running 1, you have to take a stand. Either you’re rostering Simmons and hoping he has another big game, or you’re fading him and hoping he hurts a lot of people. AH this DFS thing is fickle lol

People run one lineup? Good stuff bro. I appreciate your posts.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Raven2012champs said...

I can’t see him getting 55. No way no how. He is clearly 3rd option and will not have the usage to get 55 imo.

• Klb835

@MikesWorld28 said...

Does Dwight hurt millsaps production? Does anyone have both in the same lu?

I have both, They both will get their stats that they typically do. 15-20 points and 10 rebounds with some random assists. Dwight will probably have a few more blocks

• russellisthename

@tooltime said...

Some good talk about Barnes on here. I can’t decide Barnes or Crabbe. Any thought?

People have been bringing up Barnes having a pretty good run recently against the Spurs. But context has to come in…

1) Was playing close to 40mins for a Memphis squad that was literally running out 10-day dudes on a nightly basis
    2) Fourth in usage rate behind Zbo, Lance, Tricky Tony during that series.
    3) Only gets to 5x hit value against Spurs when averaging 38mins; anything below that min mark he BARELY scratches 4x

Barnes got 27mins behind Rudy Gay 33mins. If you’re counting on garbage time, that’s a big IF.

• Raven2012champs

Look out for john wall, pau gasol, deandre Jordan, rajon rondo i expect yhuuge performances from them all tonight upwards of 50+ dk points apiece

• Klb835

@slpanthers24 said...

I can’t see him getting 55. No way no how. He is clearly 3rd option and will not have the usage to get 55 imo.

Ya if I lose because of Pau Gasol, I got bigger problems tonight.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Ok. I’m done with my 8 lineups tonight. Gl all. No more tinkers.

• Cocomilk

@TeHDruiD said...

Guess I’m the only one fully fading Pau. If you don’t D up , you don’t get starter minutes for Pop, you sit at the end of the bench by D Lee. Pau’s minutes and price tag will be in a downward trajectory all season until the playoffs

• Raven2012champs

@slpanthers24 said...

Draft him dont be foolish i was right about yesterday remember and this ain’t baseball im actually good at this. So go ahead and tweak all your lineups to include gasol you’ll thank me later

• Klb835

@Raven2012champs said...

Look out for john wall, pau gasol, deandre Jordan, rajon rondo i expect yhuuge performances from them all tonight upwards of 50+ dk points apiece

Picking out the obvious players that are really good at basketball doesn’t really help much. LOOK OUT FOR JIMMY BUTLER ALSO YOU GUYS!!!! AND LEBRON JAMES AND ANTHONY DAVIS whenever they play next

• Cocomilk

Barnes should be solid. Joerger brought him to Sac for a reason

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

Regarding yesterday, Brow was 20% owned in the $20 DK GPP and scored ~100 points. I think at halftime, the guy was already at 70 points. As soon as I saw he was 20% owned, I knew it was over for me. Most GPPs pay out to the top 20% so without him you didn’t have a chance. So I never look at my scores as “Oh, I scored 300 points but couldn’t cash.” There’s never a magic number that indicates a min cash day, so I don’t think there’s a point to dwell on it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).