Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Washington ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Chicago ( 2 ) —- T: 210.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -2 ) at Portland ( 2 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -8.5 ) at Sacramento ( 8.5 ) —- T: 206

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• RyanM1512

@Raven2012champs said...

Draft him dont be foolish i was right about yesterday remember and this ain’t baseball im actually good at this. So go ahead and tweak all your lineups to include gasol you’ll thank me later

no one is doing this

• walkoff9

@Klb835 said...

Picking out the obvious players that are really good at basketball doesn’t really help much. LOOK OUT FOR JIMMY BUTLER ALSO YOU GUYS!!!! AND LEBRON JAMES AND ANTHONY DAVIS whenever they play next

lol @ rondo being really good at basketball

• Raven2012champs

@Klb835 said...

Picking out the obvious players that are really good at basketball doesn’t really help much. LOOK OUT FOR JIMMY BUTLER ALSO YOU GUYS!!!! AND LEBRON JAMES AND ANTHONY DAVIS whenever they play next

Hey since your two busy flapping your gums and not reading that i said those 4 players would score 50 + points tonight and there all affordable

• CoreJunkie

Don’t sleep on Gortat….. He reps a great value tonight.

• SCARMENTO

atlanta blowout factor should roll out satoransky to eat. might not go that way but he will be 1%owned or at least under 5%.

• TeHDruiD

@Cocomilk said...

Guess I’m the only one fully fading Pau. If you don’t D up , you don’t get starter minutes for Pop, you sit at the end of the bench by D Lee. Pau’s minutes and price tag will be in a downward trajectory all season until the playoffs

It’s smart to not play him in all honesty, there is no given he does anything. The problem I have is my brain won’t stfu telling me to play him. I’m running 10 lineups tonight, so I’m going to have him in 1, possibly 2 just in case but I’m not getting crazy with him because Center is loaded up tonight. For whatever reason though I can’t look past Pau and it’s bugging me. My brain registers low ownership way too much, it’s the GPP mindset curse really lol

• SCARMENTO

in regards to gasol, i think he needs to mesh with Pops team and how he runs it. Hell eventually mesh but the O is through Kawhi and this year hes given the green light to prove that and Pop approves. So as far as scoring Pop wont rely on gasol for that much, he will look for the boards and assists ( peripheral stats). Duncans gone and they need to mirror his gameplay to keep the same winning team. 2 cents

• TeHDruiD

I won’t be factoring in blowouts tonight personally. I think of them all, only Spurs have an opportunity at a blowout but I struggle with that thought as well. I’m just playing everything straight up tonight

That being said, it’s a 4 game slate, using a blowout mindset could put you in a great spot. It always cracks me up to see the winning lineups in these 2-4 game slates because it’s never really what you expect. There will almost always be a .1% owned guy who has a big game and really makes me look stupid

• chris1485

Anybody like Andrew Nicholson tonight?

• frugal

@TeHDruiD said...

It’s smart to not play him in all honesty, there is no given he does anything. The problem I have is my brain won’t stfu telling me to play him. I’m running 10 lineups tonight, so I’m going to have him in 1, possibly 2 just in case but I’m not getting crazy with him because Center is loaded up tonight. For whatever reason though I can’t look past Pau and it’s bugging me. My brain registers low ownership way too much, it’s the GPP mindset curse really lol

With positional flexibility on DK, you can place Aldridge, Gibson, or Ed Davis at C as well making it even tougher IMHO.

• Klb835

@walkoff9 said...

lol @ rondo being really good at basketball

Right I guess averaging a double double is shitty in the nba

• cullyp81

RG Overall Ranking

The Brow just scored again….

• barko15

I big question been fighting it all day and will make or break my lu
    cj and taj
    or
    isiah and crabbe

• TeHDruiD

Rondo is a great throw back PG in he is a great passer, gets all of the peripherals but you never know when the heck he’s going to have a good shooting game. Rondo sets a very nice floor and he has tremendous upside on any given night, but guessing what games he’s going to shoot well in is impossible. Love him for cash because of his floor, I don’t like him much usually in GPP’s because he can’t shoot and I don’t like playing the guessing game

Him and Rubio make my head hurt when it comes time to making GPP lineups. Both do all of the little things extremely well, but they can’t shoot. Many nights you’ll need one of them to win, but the nights I roster them they can’t shoot

• cheddarbob

I’m done tinkering.

Chose to go with Griffin over Paul with my clippers exposure because of the other options at PG tonight. Incoming 30pts 15 ast lol

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

As a guy who watches the Wiz all the time I feel I have a pretty good take on the team although obviously Brooks is a new coach but still I assume the usage to be similar. I will say I see Brooks letting Wall do his thing like Westbrook did under Brooks and I think this means Wall will have a green light on driving and trying to score at will and not just be a pass first PG. I always loved playing Gortat with the exception that Wittman never let him get any run in the 4th and still usually hit value so assuming Brooks lets him get regular run in the 4th esp tonight with no Mahimi, I think Gortat can get 35-40 assuming he stays out of foul trouble. I like playing wings who can score against the Wiz and big men who board, although I am not the biggest fan of Korver or Baze I kind of like them both particualr Baze. Also, I think Millsap and Howard both get double digit boards, like Millsap more cause of the upside. I actually really like the game stack here although maybe that is just bc I plan on watching it and want to do that lol.

• mrmogz

Millsap or Aldridge for FD GPP?

• TeHDruiD

@mrmogz said...

Millsap or Aldridge for FD GPP?

I like Millsap more, go Aldridge lol

• WhiteGeneva

Kyle Anderson seemed to be a popular play the other night and after one bad game everybody seems to have jumped ship. At $3.5K on FD I think he has some value in tournaments. Is his shooting so bad that he should be avoided all together?

• billholler

@hobbes2d said...

Druid dropping some great advice in this thread.

Everything is great advice until the games start.

• billholler

@WhiteGeneva said...

Kyle Anderson seemed to be a popular play the other night and after one bad game everybody seems to have jumped ship. At $3.5K on FD I think he has some value in tournaments. Is his shooting so bad that he should be avoided all together?

He is going to have fluky games (probably when SA is trailing a lot) when he throws up 20+ points and 5-7 assists and/or boards. He will probably still be priced low and you won’t win a GPP that night without him. Most of the time you are going to get what you saw Tuesday.

• TeHDruiD

@billholler said...

Everything is great advice until the games start.

Indeed

That’s why I like to give lineup construction advice as opposed to player advice, it’s a lot less volatile :p

• Tnqscarface

@TeHDruiD said...

Rondo is a great throw back PG in he is a great passer, gets all of the peripherals but you never know when the heck he’s going to have a good shooting game. Rondo sets a very nice floor and he has tremendous upside on any given night, but guessing what games he’s going to shoot well in is impossible. Love him for cash because of his floor, I don’t like him much usually in GPP’s because he can’t shoot and I don’t like playing the guessing game

Him and Rubio make my head hurt when it comes time to making GPP lineups. Both do all of the little things extremely well, but they can’t shoot. Many nights you’ll need one of them to win, but the nights I roster them they can’t shoot

I watched alot of kings last season due to the fact that I live in the area. I had no choice haha. rondo was great last year due to cousins just beasting it up he doesnt have that free assist points this season I mean he wont be throwing lob passes from half court and hope someone would catch and dunk it. I know wade and butler can, but non of them are big and strong like cousins he just bullies his way through everything. his rebounding was up last season too due to cousins being lazy in the defensive end so it was either gay or rondo grabbing defensive rebounds. I dont see any of those happening with the bulls this season. but time will tell who really knows.. lol

• Cocomilk

@ImADonk11 said...

As a guy who watches the Wiz all the time I feel I have a pretty good take on the team although obviously Brooks is a new coach but still I assume the usage to be similar. I will say I see Brooks letting Wall do his thing like Westbrook did under Brooks and I think this means Wall will have a green light on driving and trying to score at will and not just be a pass first PG. I always loved playing Gortat with the exception that Wittman never let him get any run in the 4th and still usually hit value so assuming Brooks lets him get regular run in the 4th esp tonight with no Mahimi, I think Gortat can get 35-40 assuming he stays out of foul trouble. I like playing wings who can score against the Wiz and big men who board, although I am not the biggest fan of Korver or Baze I kind of like them both particualr Baze. Also, I think Millsap and Howard both get double digit boards, like Millsap more cause of the upside. I actually really like the game stack here although maybe that is just bc I plan on watching it and want to do that lol.

Any insight on the bench minutes?

• danglejang95

any thoughts on brandon bass at 3000$ for the clippers?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.