Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Washington ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Chicago ( 2 ) —- T: 210.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -2 ) at Portland ( 2 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -8.5 ) at Sacramento ( 8.5 ) —- T: 206

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Tammy409

@tonytone1908 said...

On your computer. Go to whatever tournament you want to show. Right click on the web address in your browser. Click copy. Come to here and leave a reply. Click in the box like your going to start typing something. Right click on your mouse and hit paste. The link to the entry and tournament will be there.

It’s that easy. I know how to cut and paste, but wow, I am an idiot if this works… THanks!

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/30778067?uc=533016516

• tonytone1908

@elementasrat said...

Tammy, why the fuck are you playing guys that don’t even take off their track suits? At first I thought this was some joke but apparently it’s not. Do you like money?

I mean, it is kind of like the NHL and playing the cheapest goalie possible that isn’t even playing or using a reliever as your P in MLB. Granted it rarely works. In this case though, with NBA, he “could” hit on a guy that goes off and is really in the money then. Of course it takes The Brow going off for close to 100 to really make it viable but who knows? I know I’ve seen winning LU’s full of studs with 1 min salary D-bag’s. I mean, whatever WE’VE been doing hasn’t worked or we wouldn’t be here bitching. Gotta think outside the box. As much as I can’t stand many of his posts. If it’s working, it’s working. Long as we see the proof, you can’t argue with the results.

• tonytone1908

@Tammy409 said...

It’s that easy. I know how to cut and paste, but wow, I am an idiot if this works… THanks!

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/30778067?uc=533016516

are you “goodberries”?

• jv21

Phew, just checked my scores. Had a good night. Was scared to play Plumlee, but he paid off.

• tonytone1908

Wait Tammy, I thought you were bragging about winning with Denzel Valentine with 0 points but no LU’s you copy and pasted a couple pages ago have him in it. So… what is your point then? Show us your winning LU with a 0 in it from a bench guy who’s probably watching the game from the owner’s box?

• tonytone1908

@jv21 said...

Phew, just checked my scores. Had a good night. Was scared to play Plumlee, but he paid off.

Plumlee looked good tonight. Lot’s of energy and intensity. Came closed to getting ejected but I love his energy level. Def play him as a sleeper if he’s in a good spot.

• KindGuy

@jv21 said...

Haha I thought I was the only who doesn’t check scores till after the night is over. Nice to see I’m not alone.

• tianyihe

And Amir Johnson is dead to me, what could have been if I punted with someone else

• tonytone1908

@Tammy409 said...

‘Read it and weep’, all Naysayers…

Cashing with my incubated ‘pet project’ yet again… Yawn.

DK’s $10K Quarter Arcade.

PMR: 5

F

D. Valentine 0 lock

——————
    TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 259.5

The “F” does not stand for Forward. It is the ‘Flex’ position. What many of you call a DNP-CD or ‘Late Scratch, I call a a place to store my little prodigies… a purposeful ‘Flex’, as in ‘Lagniappe’ (as stated ad-nauseum) in my ‘CASH’ Lineups…

I suppose I am a bit guilty of ‘Flexin’ here tonight; but I’d guess I’m also silencing some critics and punching holes in the pathetic and weak little myths and misnomers widely believed on these threads.

Rise up. Ye are a faithless people.

In fact, a search of your name in that quarter arcade, that you linked here, the name you have linked to your profile, shows no results. Maybe someone else here who is more Excel proficient then I am can go through the CSV and see for sure. I’m all for helping others out strategy wise. Not MY thing, but if someone doesn’t mind doing it that’s fine with me. But it’s hard enough to win without having someone who had ONE good slate, give people advice to play people that will never see the floor. As I said, you could have found SOMEONE in that min salary FLEX slot, that you KNOW is going to play, that would at least have got you some kind of points.

• rockpie

@tonytone1908 said...

you could have found SOMEONE in that min salary FLEX slot, that you KNOW is going to play, that would at least have got you some kind of points

• tonytone1908

@elementasrat said...

Haha I thought I was the only who doesn’t check scores till after the night is over. Nice to see I’m not alone.

There’s no point to it if I’m not constantly checking the scores. That’s why I play, so I even give a shit in the 1st place. How can you not judge your skill if you’re not constantly following your progress through the night? It encourages me to see my stud get 20 pts in the 1st quarter. Or to see my cheap punt David Lee come in and get a double double in 10 mins of the 1st half. I like to refresh my LU on the FD app and see the + signs with big numbers. Shows I’m doing something right. Constantly refreshing and seeing your LU drop makes you look at the top LU’s to see where your thought process went wrong. The final score really means nothing. Your punt guy may have had an outstanding 10 mins. Or he had a steady 30. You don’t know if you’re not following along.

• tonytone1908

@rockpie said...

like an Andrew Nicholson

Exactly. I mean, sometimes, all it takes is that 1 cheap sleeper that goes off and allows you to just stack, hopefully, all the right studs that night. But to play a min salary guy, in your flex spot, just to stack the rest of your lineup, is wasteful if there is someone you can plug in that is guaranteed to at least get you 5 or even 10 points. If you’re high scoring, that extra 10 points makes a HUGE difference.

• tonytone1908

@Tammy409 said...

I wish I knew how. I gather it is not difficult, but I do not know how to do it. Please Advise.

I guess it’s past curfew or bedtime. No response. Sigh.

• SkateFiend

Whoever said that NBA is easier than MLB is lying through their teeth, lol.

• KindGuy

@tonytone1908 said...

There’s no point to it if I’m not constantly checking the scores. That’s why I play, so I even give a shit in the 1st place. How can you not judge your skill if you’re not constantly following your progress through the night? It encourages me to see my stud get 20 pts in the 1st quarter. Or to see my cheap punt David Lee come in and get a double double in 10 mins of the 1st half. I like to refresh my LU on the FD app and see the + signs with big numbers. Shows I’m doing something right. Constantly refreshing and seeing your LU drop makes you look at the top LU’s to see where your thought process went wrong. The final score really means nothing. Your punt guy may have had an outstanding 10 mins. Or he had a steady 30. You don’t know if you’re not following along.

Dude, you need help if you’re constantly refreshing the scores lol. I’m glad DK got rid of late swap. It’s actually improved my life in a way. Im spending less time gouging my eyes out on Twitter looking for late scratches. Now I can relax, make dinner and actually watch the games on tv without worrying about a late scratch.

• KindGuy

@SkateFiend said...

Whoever said that NBA is easier than MLB is lying through their teeth, lol.

Lol. It WAS easier. I warned everyone this is gonna be the hardest NBA season yet. We’ve entered a new age in DFS. I didn’t see it happening this fast but DFS has grown exponentially. So here we are in 2016, and one mistake could potentially be one mistake too many.

• SkateFiend

@elementasrat said...

Lol. It WAS easier. I warned everyone this is gonna be the hardest NBA season yet. We’ve entered a new age in DFS. I didn’t see it happening this fast but DFS has grown exponentially. So here we are in 2016, and one mistake could potentially be one mistake too many.

I played NBA last year for the first time and it was harder to win money there than MLB. Maybe it was easier a few years back.

NBA cash game is way harder, because if you don’t have that one high owned guy who went off, your lineup is dead. No way to gain ground.

• zombiekopitar

@elementasrat said...

I don’t even check my scores until the next morning.
    I wait to see that beautiful email from DK saying I cashed, then I wonder all night how much I actually made ahha. No email, no cash.

I’ve had some awesome nights with both, but no question MLB is much harder to win night in and night out.
    But damn that shit is addicting. It’s my favorite DFS after MMA.

NBA is the most predictable game flow, and you need to learn the process and it goes a really long way. I can’t even stress how bad I was at every DFS to start…after playing for a year now I’m figuring it out. Game theory is more important than worrying about listening to someone who thinks someone is a ‘lock’ or is going to go off.

• chronoxiong

Scored 297.50 to win all my cash games on FD along with minimum GPP cash. That is my motto! Sucked that Aldridge busted hard. But I guess it’s because he had to guard Cousins which, as a Kings fan, I should be happy about. But they still lost the game anyways. I’m happy Dwight Howard came through with a big game. Just wished I had more shares of Millsap. But yeah, glad the night went fine for me. Hope to get on a real hot streak now…

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Petergunz82 said...

He’s hurt silly

Too funny.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Tammy409 said...

‘Read it and weep’, all Naysayers…

Cashing with my incubated ‘pet project’ yet again… Yawn.

DK’s $10K Quarter Arcade.

PMR: 5

F

D. Valentine 0 lock

——————
    TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 259.5

The “F” does not stand for Forward. It is the ‘Flex’ position. What many of you call a DNP-CD or ‘Late Scratch, I call a a place to store my little prodigies… a purposeful ‘Flex’, as in ‘Lagniappe’ (as stated ad-nauseum) in my ‘CASH’ Lineups…

I suppose I am a bit guilty of ‘Flexin’ here tonight; but I’d guess I’m also silencing some critics and punching holes in the pathetic and weak little myths and misnomers widely believed on these threads.

Rise up. Ye are a faithless people.

Wtf kinda drugs you on.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@elementasrat said...

Yup. You weren’t the only one.

• JGun10

Sefelosha was the play that won somebody big money. I got stuck on Barnes, would’ve been easy to downgrade to sefelosha but who know he would have his one game of the year over 35 fantasy points. Kinda find it crazy that I had Barnes (6 pts) in 95% of my lineups and still had a good night.

• Tammy409

WHo do you like better for Cash: Brandon Bass or Larry Jr?

• raul214

I played the right cheap value players but didn’t insert the right stars ughhh!

If I’m hitting above 200 , I’m on the right trsck ? Would yall agree?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.