NBA FORUM

Comments

• mellofellowsu

Mod Edit

8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 2.5 ) at Chicago ( -2.5 ) —- T: 198
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 6.5 ) at Atlanta ( -6.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 9.5 ) at Golden State ( -9.5 ) —- T: 210.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

So now we can start some regular season discussion now that the contests are up.

Was going to skip opening night and wait for the big Wednesday slate but who am I kidding, I just can’t wait.

Early thoughts, I see Mirotic is now classified as a SF (PF last season). That’s encouraging as that’s the most troubling position to find value IMO.

In a 3 game slate at least one stack is necessary. I’m probably going with Mirotic and Butler.

• MrFantasy

I CANT WAIT! So excited for NBA to be back. I’m gonna grow a pair and finally attack the slam every night. I used to fire 100 entries into the shot/swat every night but I’m going to try and just do 20 or so lineups into the slam instead. Last year every time I moved up to $25 games I hit an insane 100 buy in downswing or whatever.

• Turn2gold

Hard to build a roster ….But that’s not stopping me ….Welcome back NBA

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

Looks like it’ll be hard to pass up Mo Williams at 6K on FD.

• chronoxiong

Yeah I’m having a hard time building a lineup with the 3-game opening night slate. But very glad to see Mirotic switched to SF as that will help out a lot instead of the crowded PF position. The question is if to fade Unibrow or not.

• shockermandan

Awesome! NBA is the best.

Ersan Ilyasova will probably be in all my lineups

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@shockermandan said...

Awesome! NBA is the best.

Ersan Ilyasova will probably be in all my lineups

Against Horford/Millsap?

• finn4

Andre drummond may get 20+ points and 20+ rebounds every night without greg monroe there

• shockermandan

@peachfuzz said...

Against Horford/Millsap?

It’s a tough slate. That just changed as I see Tyreke Evans won’t be playing, so there is a lot of value on the slate.

• smutpeddlers

I’m looking at Nate for some salary relief but wondering how many mins he will actually get….

• MikeSos760

@chronoxiong said...

The question is if to fade Unibrow or not.

No…

• Yombo

NO has very little frontcourt depth but I doubt the game is even competitive with jrue on a 15 minute restriction and reke/pondextor/asik/ajinca all out

Do feel great about Ryan Anderson though

• shockermandan

@smutpeddlers said...

I’m looking at Nate for some salary relief but wondering how many mins he will actually get….

Sounds like he’ll get more than $3500 worth. Im curious though if there’s enough mid tier value to make a 3.5k player unnecessary.

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

3 game slate, you have to play the studs you feel most comfortable with. on a normal night you can survive a potential 70 point explosion, but on a small slate, if you don’t have it, you’re hosed.

• toxx6878

milsap, butler, draymond locks for cash. Teague is cheap but dealing with an ankle. mirotic only 5500?? in gpp’s I’ll probably go Drummond/brow

• ActionJunkie

HOLY CRAP the GPPs are tiny. I realize that it’s a 3game slate. But we had 150k+ $2 tournaments fill EASILY last year in playoff 2game slates. Opening day is only 75k?! Absolutely insane with how much DFS has grown (Nevada ban or not) since last year’s NBA playoffs. Very very scary or FD is inept… one of the two. I suppose the third option is that FD is just planning multiple $2/x GPPs but still…

Seemed pretty obvious they weren’t going to shoot high with neither DK or FD having GPPs up 2+ weeks in advance but at this point it seems like the big Wednesday slate is going to be a huge disappointment for us who love big GPPs. *sigh

• jgtl25

what do you expect with all the crap going on? theres like 8 states that are looking at DFS at the moment. the sunday “million” is 500k first place :(

• btwice80

@jgtl25 said...

the sunday “million” is 500k first place

The Sunday Million has always referred to the prize pool. It was named the Sunday Million last year when the prize pool was $1 million total.

• finn4

thinking about not paying up for any of the big guys, there isn’t a ton of value. I’m probably gonna make a balanced lineup with guys like butler, thompson,millsap, teague, drummond, etc. Aaron brooks is a lock if rose sits.

• Yombo

I’m waiting to see what’s gonna happen with that SF spot in Atlanta, Don’t wanna OD on value but Bazemore has a good price

• dwc1421

Pricing is pretty tough on FD & too soft on DK. Center is the hardest position to figure out on this slate.

• teachmehowtocutty

Mirotic looks like a cash lock at 5500 and starting! Mozgov is super cheap center play and good pivot from drummond. Aaron brooks is definitely in play as a bulls fan i dont see rose playing opening night. Will be interesting to see the roation hoiberg goes with bench guys. Mcdermott seems to be a hoiberg favorite.

• gundog8324

I am wondering what Lebron’s ownership will be at being the only SF above 5700, I know it makes it easy to find salary relief but if the other positions are closer between top end and next highest Lebron might be a must use (in GPPs)

Personally I don’t like the Davis play on this slate, yes he can have a big game, but is the extra 3k for Davis over guys like Gasol/Milsap/Love/Green gonna be worth it?

• mellofellowsu

@gundog8324 said...

I am wondering what Lebron’s ownership will be at being the only SF above 5700, I know it makes it easy to find salary relief but if the other positions are closer between top end and next highest Lebron might be a must use (in GPPs)

Personally I don’t like the Davis play on this slate, yes he can have a big game, but is the extra 3k for Davis over guys like Gasol/Milsap/Love/Green gonna be worth it?

Lebron hits his floor a lot more often than I would like. Whenever I had LBJ in my lineups and won, it was usually in spite of him. I like Mo Williams a lot more in that game. I’ll happily go with Mirotic/Korver at SF and live with it if LBJ goes off.

With Davis, I’m wondering who else is there to score for NO? It’s basically him and Gordon, with some Ryan Anderson thrown in. AD may go for 70 fantasy points. If that happens yes I like him better than any of those other PFs you named.

• Elz24

Davis and Drummond will be the cornerstone of my teams

• gundog8324

@mellofellowsu said...

Lebron hits his floor a lot more often than I would like. Whenever I had LBJ in my lineups and won, it was usually in spite of him. I like Mo Williams a lot more in that game. I’ll happily go with Mirotic/Korver at SF and live with it if LBJ goes off.

With Davis, I’m wondering who else is there to score for NO? It’s basically him and Gordon, with some Ryan Anderson thrown in. AD may go for 70 fantasy points. If that happens yes I like him better than any of those other PFs you named.

Yeah there is always a chance for a Russel Westbrook night where you have to have him or you don’t cash, when a superstar is alone on the court and the game will be high paced. I guess it is just a matter of what you rank his bust potential as if GS blows them out then Davis might get pulled to avoid injury or he won’t have many assists because no one else can make a shot or whatever the case may be.

He will be highly owned the only question is can will he match expectations.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).