NBA FORUM

Comments

• mellofellowsu

Mod Edit

8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 2.5 ) at Chicago ( -2.5 ) —- T: 198
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 6.5 ) at Atlanta ( -6.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 9.5 ) at Golden State ( -9.5 ) —- T: 210.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

So now we can start some regular season discussion now that the contests are up.

Was going to skip opening night and wait for the big Wednesday slate but who am I kidding, I just can’t wait.

Early thoughts, I see Mirotic is now classified as a SF (PF last season). That’s encouraging as that’s the most troubling position to find value IMO.

In a 3 game slate at least one stack is necessary. I’m probably going with Mirotic and Butler.

• Agent47

@Ice_Man said...

Do you guys like Eric Gordon, or Mo Williams? Gordon will get a lot of burn on the perimeter with Holiday limited and the Over/Under is higher, but Mo Williams has an easier Defensive matchup than Gordon who will be guarded by Klay Thompson. I need a Guard in that price range.

I actually have a lineup I’m thinking of using that has both of them. The matchup against Klay Thompson does worry me a little bit for Gordon, but their backcourt is thin right now, and someone other than The Brow has to score for them tonight, too (same reason I like Nate Robinson). With no Kyrie Irving, though, Mo Williams should get plenty of minutes tonight as well. Bottom line is that I don’t think either one will hurt you. If I had to pick one, though, I’d probably lean towards Gordon because of the higher O/U and quicker pace.

• tonytone1908

For the love of god people if you like money stop thinking about Eric Gordon. The guy is a wastleland for salary. The guy barely hit 3x all year and hit 6x maybe 3 times. That was with injuries galore all season long. I don’t know what it is but he either just straight sucks or can’t handle having to be the man.

I’m not saying don’t play him, play who you want, but just look at his stats from last year, the guy just sucks. I left thousands on the table last year to fade him on short slates that he was 80% owned on and it worked out pretty well.

• tmarohl

@magicnoles said...

just put in my first nba LU ever hoping for beginners luck!

More chance for beginners luck tomorrow on the 14 game slate. Good luck.

• Jimmywil

Which duo scores more… Anthony Davis and Mo Williams or Steph Curry and Kevin Love?

• BreakingBacon

Cream gravy!

• osuryanf

Come on you experts, I never ask questions here… help a brother out!

Tony Snell or Kent Bazemore?

Am I over thinking this? Is Bazemore the obvious pick?

• atlalien

Is playing Barnes and Iggy a viable strategy on FD? Their combined salary is 8900 and I would think they would see at least 45min combined.

• crazylox2001

Robinson and curry or williams and jackson

• cccalloway

@Jimmywil said...

Which duo scores more… Anthony Davis and Mo Williams or Steph Curry and Kevin Love?

I’d take Steph/Love in cash and Brow/Mo in GPP.

Although I would probably rework a cash lineup to ensure Brow is in it on this slate.

• cccalloway

@osuryanf said...

Bazemore

• speddie

FWIW, I don’t see Butler covering Lebron all game… I’d be willing to bet that Snell starts the game guarding LeBron and if the 4th quarter comes around and it’s a good game, I can see Butler switching at that point. Butler is too important for the Bulls on offense to be chasing around LeBron all game. Especially with the new offensive minded staff, I expect Butler to be on JR.

Snell is not a good punt option IMO, he has a role within the Bulls, and it doesn’t consist of scoring the ball. Bazemore is a better 3k play

• cccalloway

@atlalien said...

Is playing Barnes and Iggy a viable strategy on FD? Their combined salary is 8900 and I would think they would see at least 45min combined.

Seems like a very risky play with very little upside.

• cccalloway

@crazylox2001 said...

Robinson and curry or williams and jackson

williams/jackson for me. Unsure of Robinson’s minutes tongiht. Until we really see if he is going to play 25 or 35 MPG, there is a lot of uncertainty.

• vet0307

I took Anderson and Varajaeo. Probably a dumb move but eh live and learn.

• millerto

@osuryanf said...

well they’re both starting so minutes shouldn’t be the question. The question is who has more potential.

Snell has a ton of offensive players ahead of him. Butler, Pau, Mirotic, McDermott, etc. And then there’s Rose in some minutes, Brooks, Noah, Taj… How many shots does Snell really get tonight?

Kinda the same question with Bazemore with Millsap, Horford, Teague, Korver, and on and on.

My opinion, Atlanta with more ball movement and less one on one might make Bazemore the better play. And I kinda just think Snell is a better real world player than fantasy player.

I would take Bazemore, but either is probably a decent option if you only need them to hit 15 fantasy points.

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@Jimmywil said...

Option 1 has the better chance of scoring higher because we don’t know if AD actually has a ceiling. They’re most likely going to be pretty comparable though considering any scoring gobbled by either Mo, or Love will directly affect both of them. I’m generally one to give the nod to a starting PG though, especially when the opposing team has a barn full of very good big men.

Considering they’re likely to be right around the same output, I’d say Curry/Love might be better in GPP play for a contrarian sort of move if you’re entering multiple lineups. However, fade Brow at your own risk if you’re only firing single bullets.

No way I’m fading brow though considering he might actually not have a ceiling. lol

• Agent47

@tonytone1908 said...

For the love of god people if you like money stop thinking about Eric Gordon. The guy is a wastleland for salary. The guy barely hit 3x all year and hit 6x maybe 3 times. That was with injuries galore all season long. I don’t know what it is but he either just straight sucks or can’t handle having to be the man.

I’m not saying don’t play him, play who you want, but just look at his stats from last year, the guy just sucks. I left thousands on the table last year to fade him on short slates that he was 80% owned on and it worked out pretty well.

Whoa, relax. He asked for opinions regarding who people liked more between those 2 players, and I gave mine. No one is saying Gordon is a must play or anything like that.

• vet0307

Is 280 and 290 a good score for NBA gpp?

• FPFootball

Who has the better evening between Anderson and Perkins?

Am I over thinking this, isn’t Anderson the better play?

• cccalloway

@vet0307 said...

Typically no. 300+ for GPPs.

• BreakingBacon

@atlalien said...

Love Barnes, not sure on iggy. I’m looking more at mirotic or Marcus at my sf 2 slot

• dominicanpapi

Snell’s last game: 14 points/5 boards/2 assists/3 steals. That’s what…29 fanduel points? That’s 7X his value. I think he’s a really good play tonight, and it certainly opens up your lineups.

• Rnacdaley

@osuryanf said...

Bazemore all day. Snell is awful. Low floor / low ceiling. It really would not surprise me to see McDermott overtake him in minutes in the very near future.

• BreakingBacon

@vet0307 said...

Eh not really, but on short slates I’ve seen it happen. Shoot for 360-380 most nights to place well.

• millerto

@FPFootball said...

Who has the better evening between Anderson and Perkins?

Am I over thinking this, isn’t Anderson the better play?

Are you talking about Kendrick Perkins? Seriously? Just don’t. Under no circumstance do you put Kendrick Perkins in any lineup. Ever.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).