NBA FORUM

• mellofellowsu

Mod Edit

8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 2.5 ) at Chicago ( -2.5 ) —- T: 198
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 6.5 ) at Atlanta ( -6.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 9.5 ) at Golden State ( -9.5 ) —- T: 210.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

So now we can start some regular season discussion now that the contests are up.

Was going to skip opening night and wait for the big Wednesday slate but who am I kidding, I just can’t wait.

Early thoughts, I see Mirotic is now classified as a SF (PF last season). That’s encouraging as that’s the most troubling position to find value IMO.

In a 3 game slate at least one stack is necessary. I’m probably going with Mirotic and Butler.

• tonytone1908

@cdaus8989 said...

With a small slate like tonight you’re bound to stack some players from the same team. As others have said Ryan Anderson would be a good pick, Eric Gordon could be potentially as well. Way too many injuries for these guys to not get good playing time.

AD is a lock for minutes and Anderson should get good minutes as well. Nate Rob should rack up some assists to AD. Of course Gordon should as well but who knows. Stacking PG’s from the same team is not a bad strategy sometimes and thats basically what Robinson and Gordon will be. So at least if AD goes off there’s a good chance he had a lot of assists and they’ll have to come from those two.

Basically what I’m saying is if I had to choose 3 out of 4 I would probably leave Anderson out. If it were me I would leave out Gordon because we all know my feelings on him but in the future all I’m saying is stacking PG’s works well when you have a stud PF or C for them to feed. For example last year you could stack Westbrook and Reggie Jackson with Ibaka or Kanter.

• tonytone1908

@mileyvirus said...

anyone have any good ideas for center? i know drummond will probably have a good game but he is going against a good defender al horford. i’m liking noah’s price but am wary because of him not starting and possibly not seeing many minutes. any suggestions with mozgov, bogut, or varejao. i’m thinking the center position might be the hardest to pick because there isn’t a crazy value play, although i see plenty of value at the other positions. i’ve been tinkering with lineups all day. CAN’T WAIT FOR TONIGHT…a warmup for tomorrow’s slate

Two words. Festus Ezeli.

• tonytone1908

I’m really curious to see how minutes get distributed tonight. I would think being early in the season most guys won’t see a TON of minutes other than AD. Not like any of these games are must wins so I see a lot of teams spreading minutes around pretty evenly trying to see how everyone works together. A lot of the studs didn’t play too much with the rookies in preseason I’m sure so they’ll be lots of tweaking looking for the right combos.

Going to need that just perfect fit of guys from CHI and GS to win tonight. I think you need at least one punt from each of those teams and it’s gotta be the right one.

• INSPYR

@xHotLineBlingx said...

You guys forget that it’s Eric Gordon contract year that’s an extra motivation :)

Harrison Barnes and Ryan Anderson are in the same boat.

• TimPich

Steph, Klay, AD, Hortford in the same lineup tonight just give me the $

• tonytone1908

Wednesday games are up on FD

• tonytone1908

@tonytone1908 said...

I’m really curious to see how minutes get distributed tonight. I would think being early in the season most guys won’t see a TON of minutes other than AD. Not like any of these games are must wins so I see a lot of teams spreading minutes around pretty evenly trying to see how everyone works together. A lot of the studs didn’t play too much with the rookies in preseason I’m sure so they’ll be lots of tweaking looking for the right combos.

Going to need that just perfect fit of guys from CHI and GS to win tonight. I think you need at least one punt from each of those teams and it’s gotta be the right one.

Now that I think about it I think you need two GS punts. Highest total on the board and maybe a little easier(safer?) to choose from than CHI.

• mellofellowsu

@tonytone1908 said...

Wednesday games are up on FD

Good looking out.

I think we’ve analyzed this slate to death. Lineups set. On to Wednesday for me.

• xHotLineBlingx

Which one would you choose?

A. Pau Gasol, Horford, A. Davis
    B. Ryan Anderson, Drummond, A. Davis

• havs99

@IronMonkey415 said...

But then the other hand, Warriors could blow the Hornets out of the water before the 4th quarter. This should give plenty of time for Nate to play in the 4th.

Its Pelicans show some respect

• Joc31

I just posted a blog on my thoughts tonight.
    I have MO, BAZE, LBJ, AD and Drummond as my top 5

• hbcards

Narrative street alert!!

ALL THE LEBRON!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13984289/barack-obama-expected-attend-cleveland-cavs-chicago-bulls-season-opener

• mjroc

@xHotLineBlingx said...

2nd one

• tonytone1908

@xHotLineBlingx said...

I’d go B. Anderson seems like a safer bet for minutes right now than Gasol and Drummond seems safer points and value wise over Horford. But that’s just my thoughts.

• knickstape7

thoughts on festus Ezeli tonight ?? with a questionable bogut, is anyone else on ezeli as a punt play ?

• mjroc

Deciding between Love/Bazemore, Millsap/Bazemore, or Ryan Anderson Williams”:/players/mo-williams-962. Anybody have any thoughts there?

Also, SF is basically Cunningham or McDermott, but think I’ve settled on Cunningham now, been back and forth

• mjroc

@knickstape7 said...

thoughts on festus Ezeli tonight ?? with a questionable bogut, is anyone else on ezeli as a punt play ?

If Bogut is out, I’ll give him a hard look, but as of now I think I’m staying off him

• Playingtheodds

I’m new to NBA. Any guys a lock for the Tuesday slate on DK other than AD? I have a lineup with Curry, Davis, Millsap, and Drummond but of course that leaves me with a lot of fillers. On smaller slates is it generally better to be balanced or “studs and scrubs?” For GPP

• knickstape7

thanks

• xHotLineBlingx

Thanks guys

• mjroc

@Playingtheodds said...

I’m new to NBA. Any guys a lock for the Tuesday slate on DK other than AD? I have a lineup with Curry, Davis, Millsap, and Drummond but of course that leaves me with a lot of fillers. On smaller slates is it generally better to be balanced or “studs and scrubs?”

On a short slate, I don’t think there is a general way to go about it. All depends on where you think the value is. If that ends up providing a balanced lineup for you or stars and scrubs then that’s fine, but I wouldn’t go into it thinking you need to do it one way or the other. As far as tonight goes, I ended up with a team that would certainly be considered more studs and scrubs than balanced.

As far as locks go, I think the only true lock is AD, but I built my core around him, Curry, and Drummond. LeBron and Pau seem to be the easiest fades of the night for me personally

• tonytone1908

@knickstape7 said...

Even if he plays Bogut’s minutes will be pretty limited. If he doesn’t play at all that’s fantastic for Ezeli but he says he’s good to go and he’s played with a mask before. GS wants to extend Ezeli and are expecting him to cost upwards of $10 mil a year. They’re really, really high on Ezeli. (and so am I)

My only sweat is that they play Jason Thompson way more than they should but I’m thinking he doesn’t even see the floor tonight.

• pmsimkins

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@knickstape7 said...

No real indication Bogut may actually sit. He’ll get a mask and be out there. Not a new thing for him.

• JJourneay33

@tonytone1908 said...

Even if he plays Bogut’s minutes will be pretty limited. If he doesn’t play at all that’s fantastic for Ezeli but he says he’s good to go and he’s played with a mask before. GS wants to extend Ezeli and are expecting him to cost upwards of $10 mil a year. They’re really, really high on Ezeli.

My only sweat is that they play Jason Thompson way more than they should but I’m thinking he doesn’t even see the floor tonight.

Forgetting about Mo Speights and James Michael-McAdoo. Ezeli is not a lock for 20 minutes even if Bogut is out.

• methodical

what is everyone anticipating tonight’s 50/50 cashing threshold to be with only 3 games?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).