NBA FORUM

• mellofellowsu

Mod Edit

8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 2.5 ) at Chicago ( -2.5 ) —- T: 198
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 6.5 ) at Atlanta ( -6.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 9.5 ) at Golden State ( -9.5 ) —- T: 210.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

So now we can start some regular season discussion now that the contests are up.

Was going to skip opening night and wait for the big Wednesday slate but who am I kidding, I just can’t wait.

Early thoughts, I see Mirotic is now classified as a SF (PF last season). That’s encouraging as that’s the most troubling position to find value IMO.

In a 3 game slate at least one stack is necessary. I’m probably going with Mirotic and Butler.

• deerosa

@tonytone1908 said...

Wednesday games are up on FD

Also, it would be a wise idea to at least load up on some swat LU’s. That thing would fill up in the early a.m last year.

FYI

• tonytone1908

@JJourneay33 said...

Forgetting about Mo Speights and James Michael-McAdoo. Ezeli is not a lock for 20 minutes even if Bogut is out.

Ezeli only needs about 8 mins on the floor to hit value lol. Ever seen him play?

• mjroc

@methodical said...

what is everyone anticipating tonight’s 50/50 cashing threshold to be with only 3 games?

DK- 260ish

• cccalloway

@methodical said...

what is everyone anticipating tonight’s 50/50 cashing threshold to be with only 3 games?

roughly 270 on FD and 250 on DK to cash 50/50s. However, that fluctuates on a nightly basis based off how chalk plays pan out. I’ve cashed some nights with 220 on FD and not cashed others with 290+. Worry about the process to get the best plays, not just the outcomes!

• phredlocks

Off topic sorry. I need 3 for my weekly pts league. Ellis, Oladipo, Gordon, DWill or McCallum. (Each have 3 game slate)

• JJourneay33

OJ Mayo, Jabari Parker, and Giannis Antetokounmpo will all not play tomorrow night.

While we are being off topic…

WOOO

• mjroc

@phredlocks said...

Off topic sorry. I need 3 for my weekly pts league. Ellis, Oladipo, Gordon, DWill or McCallum. (Each have 3 game slate)

If it’s Gordon Hayward or Eric Gordon, then I like him, Dipo, McCallum…If it’s Aaron Gordon, then I like Ellis, Dipo, McCallum

• INSPYR

Hey guys, please check out my post if you are looking for some value plays.
    https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/yahoo-nba-dfs-top-values-for-opening-night-919464

• Rnacdaley

@hbcards said...

Narrative street alert!!

ALL THE LEBRON!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13984289/barack-obama-expected-attend-cleveland-cavs-chicago-bulls-season-opener

I am inclined to agree. This information does alter my overall perception of Lebrons performance tonight.

• roto718

@JJourneay33 said...

OJ Mayo, Jabari Parker, and Giannis Antetokounmpo will all not play tomorrow night.

While we are being off topic…

WOOO

what’s wrong with Giannis? source?

• roto718

NVM I see he’s suspended

• Dorr185

Yeah, I was all about fading LeBron until I found out POTUS was coming. No way LeBron doesn’t put on a show for Obama. Not going all in, but the development merits at least one LeBron lineup.

• teezee

If you were to be entering just one lineup into competitions tonight, would you enter it into a multi-entry or a single entry tournament? and why?

• JJourneay33

@roto718 said...

what’s wrong with Giannis? source?

Suspended for Game 1 because of flagrant foul in playoffs. All of twitter if you search his name.

• tonytone1908

@teezee said...

If you were to be entering just one lineup into competitions tonight, would you enter it into a multi-entry or a single entry tournament? and why?

If you think it’s contrarian put it in multi entry. If you think it’s just a safer, cash game type LU than go single entry.

• INSPYR

@teezee said...

I would suggest entering it in a single entry double up if you’re just starting out. Highest chance to win and play tomorrow on the house.

• cdaus8989

Do you guys think that Curry is considerably a better option than Klay? For some reason I’m starting to get the feeling that Curry isn’t necessarily the undisputed top dog in Golden State anymore, kind of like the Westbrook and Durant scenario, but maybe not to that extent.

• millerto

Anybody worried about Bazemore being too overexposed tonight? I feel like everybody is on him and Nate. Or is that just for the fringe DFS degenerates and he’ll still be

• havs99

Higher upside horford/Barnes/butler of Teague/Drummond/igoudala? DK gpp

• tonytone1908

@hbcards said...

Narrative street alert!!

ALL THE LEBRON!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13984289/barack-obama-expected-attend-cleveland-cavs-chicago-bulls-season-opener

Wonder if this gives the Bulls reason to unleash D Rose a little more than expected?

• JJourneay33

@cdaus8989 said...

Do you guys think that Curry is considerably a better option than Klay? For some reason I’m starting to get the feeling that Curry isn’t necessarily the undisputed top dog in Golden State anymore, kind of like the Westbrook and Durant scenario, but maybe not to that extent.

Yes

• millerto

@cdaus8989 said...

I’m starting to get the feeling that Curry isn’t necessarily the undisputed top dog in Golden State anymore

I’m not sure what’s given you that perception. Klay will have his nights, but Curry will be a top 5 fantasy player all year.

• Rnacdaley

@cdaus8989 said...

Klay relies primarily on scoring. Curry not only can light it up for 40pts but can also combine that with 10assists, 4 steals, and some rebounds. Klay’s game is not nearly as well rounded as Curry.

• havs99

@millerto said...

Anybody worried about Bazemore being too overexposed tonight? I feel like everybody is on him and Nate. Or is that just for the fringe DFS degenerates and he’ll still be

It’s a 3 game slate not much option out there for minimum price

• JJourneay33

@millerto said...

This is a bubble. Bazemore will not be over 10% owned i do not think. Could be way off, but i do not think the average person just starting NBA because they are bored waiting for NFL will know who Bazemore is

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).