NBA FORUM

Comments

• mellofellowsu

Mod Edit

8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 2.5 ) at Chicago ( -2.5 ) —- T: 198
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 6.5 ) at Atlanta ( -6.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 9.5 ) at Golden State ( -9.5 ) —- T: 210.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

So now we can start some regular season discussion now that the contests are up.

Was going to skip opening night and wait for the big Wednesday slate but who am I kidding, I just can’t wait.

Early thoughts, I see Mirotic is now classified as a SF (PF last season). That’s encouraging as that’s the most troubling position to find value IMO.

In a 3 game slate at least one stack is necessary. I’m probably going with Mirotic and Butler.

• Playingtheodds

Who is a good play at C other than Horford and Drummond? GPP

• Dainfamusgc

I’m fading both Drummond / Horford on main LU went with mozgov n bought up elsewhere bad idea?

• JJourneay33

@Playingtheodds said...

Who is a good play at C other than Horford and Drummond? GPP

You’re doing it wrong

• mjroc

Somebody just asked if Klay Thompson was taking over top dog status from Curry and then compared him to Russell Westbrook. That just happened! I’m sorry I’m just struggling to process that right now. Like whaaaaat!!?

• hendry

@JJourneay33 said...

This is a bubble. Bazemore will not be over 10% owned i do not think. Could be way off, but i do not think the average person just starting NBA because they are bored waiting for NFL will know who Bazemore is

if hes in the starting lineup and hes 3k on a 3 game slate he’ll be higher than 10% owned. even if someone doesnt know who he is, they know how to read a starting lineup and they know they want some high priced studs in their lineup.

• havs99

@Dainfamusgc said...

I’m fading both Drummond / Horford on main LU went with mozgov n bought up elsewhere bad idea?

Ur trying to get cute.

• mjroc

@mjroc said...

Somebody just asked if Klay Thompson was taking over top dog status from Curry and then compared him to Russell Westbrook. That just happened! I’m sorry I’m just struggling to process that right now. Like whaaaaat!!?

Are we being punked? Is that Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith in this forum? Can we get a thread where all do is say outrageous things? This is amazing

• dominicanpapi

Now I’m reading on rotoworld that Jrue’s minutes will be upped to 20 minutes. Hmmm…

• tonytone1908

@mjroc said...

Like I said yesterday. Sounds like today should be EZ money lol

• JJourneay33

@hendry said...

if hes in the starting lineup and hes 3k on a 3 game slate he’ll be higher than 10% owned. even if someone doesnt know who he is, they know how to read a starting lineup and they know they want some high priced studs in their lineup.

You are probably right on a 3 game slate. I do not think i would fade him though. Maybe pivot to Tony Snell if you think he will be way more underowned. But i dont think guessing the public’s perception on players in the first week is a smart strategy. Play the guys you like and figure out the contrarian plays next week.

• Playingtheodds

Haha…that’s why I’m asking. You got suggestions?

• mjroc

@dominicanpapi said...

Now I’m reading on rotoworld that Jrue’s minutes will be upped to 20 minutes. Hmmm…

I’d guess he plays 20-25. He was/is on a “15 minute restriction” and they played him almost 20 in the last preseason game. If they’re going over the limit in preseason, I don’t think it’s too strict of a limit

• havs99

Here’s a suggestion play one or two superstars one or two punt play and fill the rest with mid range guys

• millerto

@havs99 said...

Ur trying to get cute.

Not necessarily. Drummond could get in foul trouble. Horford is good for some points, but who says Mozgov doesn’t go double double with 12 and 12?

There are worse players to fade tonight than Drummond/Horford. I mean I see people taking Klay over Curry and talking about fading AD.

What I’m saying. Center may be the exact position you wanna get cute with tonight.

• jimmyquinella

• Blogger of the Month

Rotoworld Basketball ‏@Rotoworld_BK 9m9 minutes ago
    Jrue Holiday (leg) minutes cap to raise to 20

• baseballislife93

anybody else have a lot of lineups in the DK 300K contest

feel like better shot at cashing in the 100k contest but hoping one of these lineups is the top one tonite

• JJourneay33

@jimmyquinella said...

I dont think this puts Jrue in play over Curry/RJax/Mo, what this does do is totally take Nate Robinson out of play though.

• millerto

@jimmyquinella said...

Not enough to make me want Jrue in my lineups, but enough to put some doubt in the Gordon / Nate Rob hype.

• mellofellowsu

@havs99 said...

Ur trying to get cute.

I don’t think that’s a horrible strategy provided we’re talking about GPPs. Drummond can be prone to foul trouble and Horford, geez I just really don’t like him as a GPP play. He’s not high end and he’s not bargain basement. High floor low ceiling guy.

Someone like Varejao, at his price only needs about ~20 FFP to really put you in an excellent position to do some damage in a GPP if you picked right everywhere else. If he gets you 25 or more you’re really in good shape. What do you feel is more likely, Varejao to get you 20 FFP or Horford to get you 45?

• havs99

@millerto said...

Not necessarily. Drummond could get in foul trouble. Horford is good for some points, but who says Mozgov doesn’t go double double with 12 and 12?

There are worse players to fade tonight than Drummond/Horford. I mean I see people taking Klay over Curry and talking about fading AD.

What I’m saying. Center may be the exact position you wanna get cute with tonight.

Let’s get cute together I’m hopping on the mozgod train

• RockyTop55

I forgot how to get final lineups. Is NBA similar to MLB? Does the lineups page on here show the actual starting 5? If there is a last minute switch will it reflect that on the page?

• baseballislife93

@JJourneay33 said...

I dont think this puts Jrue in play over Curry/RJax/Mo, what this does do is totally take Nate Robinson out of play though.

if Pelicans are down 15+ its going to become the nate robinson show at PG
    say he ends up getting 20-25
    Collison will end up playing around 16-18

• duxaosm

Yeah, I’m soured on Nate, Jrue might get 20-22 mins, leaving 26-28 at PG, between Nate and Ish, just not alot of minutes to go around, although Nate could play the 2 for Gordon, unless Gordon plays like 45 mins

• tonytone1908

So just out of curiosity I’m wondering if everyone gets the same amount of max entries? For example, in the Shot it’s telling me I have 300 max. Does everyone else see the same for them?

• ssmfour

@baseballislife93 said...

anybody else have a lot of lineups in the DK 300K contest

feel like better shot at cashing in the 100k contest but hoping one of these lineups is the top one tonite

I made quite a few lineups and put each of them in both. I don’t expect to have the top one (hoping you will is REALLY hoping) but I’m curious to see how much more profitable is it to play in the smaller GPP. I’m guessing quite a bit

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).