NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 8 ) at Miami ( -8 ) —- T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 6 ) at Denver ( -6 ) —- T: 216
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 12 ) at LA Lakers ( -12 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jessedio

@sochoice said...

You lost me at “Mike Malone is a good coach”…..

They are my hometown team so gotta talk them up..lol

• JSteele

@jessedio said...

Mike Malone is a good coach but he ALWAYS does that with Denver’s mins. Great for real basketball but for DFS you’ll never get a concrete read on that team until the playoffs. It does seem like he plays Garry Harris more than others although he doesn’t do much with the extra time.

I don’t think he will restrict minutes tonight unless its a blowout. At least for Jokic and Murray.

• JSteele

awesemo.com good chalk is Gary Harris, bad chalk is Cam Reddish and Avery Bradley.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@JSteele said...

awesemo.com good chalk is Gary Harris, bad chalk is Cam Reddish and Avery Bradley.

Feeling really good about Cam Reddish now.

• JSteele

@Pandamonious said...

Yesterday it was George Hill and he went off so he very well could be.

His estimate for ownership was 40% though..?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@JSteele said...

Yesterday it was George Hill and he went off so he very well could be.

His estimate for ownership was 40% though..?

I would think half that is more likely. I know he’s cheap and was a lotto pick, but dude has done nothing so far. I can’t imagine he’s “chalk.”

• kingsolobolo1

Awesomo had George hill as bad chalk yesterday??? Wow

• antzilla810

@dominicanpapi said...

….so who’s on the Plumlee train with me (FD)?

This guy!

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@JSteele said...

What does Moklovin’s for sale lineup say?

• JSteele

@Pandamonious said...

I would think half that is more likely. I know he’s cheap and was a lotto pick, but dude has done nothing so far. I can’t imagine he’s “chalk.”

I really think the best chalk so far is Maxi Kleber. Denver has seemingly struggled with bigs so far. Frank Kaminsky #aron-baynes)Aron Baynes”:/players/aron-baynes-14114, Richaun Holmes, Hassan Whiteside. Even going back to the preseason, they gave up good games to guys like Skal, Kaminsky, Zubac etc.

• pocket7ns

@Wooden_Bones said...

Anyone know if Valanciunas is still on a mins restriction tonight?

If he’s going to get 25+ mins then I’d expect him to easily exceed value at his price.

He is on a minutes restriction. Although they have been allowing him slightly more minutes in consecutive games. To start the season he Valanciunas has logged 16, 18, and 20 minutes. Going by that pattern chances are he probably gets ~22 tonight.

• WillyWongka

@sochoice said...

You lost me at “Mike Malone is a good coach”…..

The Nuggets finishing 2nd in the West last year and him being in the running for “Coach of the Year” would disagree with your statement.

• Ndepompei

@JSteele said...

I really think the best chalk so far is Maxi Kleber. Denver has seemingly struggled with bigs so far. Frank Kaminsky #aron-baynes)Aron Baynes”:/players/aron-baynes-14114, Richaun Holmes, Hassan Whiteside. Even going back to the preseason, they gave up good games to guys like Skal, Kaminsky, Zubac etc.

Is Dwight Powell out again? Saw he may be back tonight which would hurt Kleber

• noddy

@Pandamonious said...

What am I missing besides awesemo saying he’s bad chalk?

• JSteele

@Ndepompei said...

Is Dwight Powell out again? Saw he may be back tonight which would hurt Kleber

It’s not announced yet, but it seems more likely he gets today off and makes his return at home on Friday.

• Ace15

Really like Delon Wright in this game. Perfect GPP spot for him. I like Delon Wright and Danny Green tbh.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@noddy said...

What am I missing besides awesemo saying he’s bad chalk?

He should be a decent shooter, but has been shooting terribly. Basically, there’s progression due in his shooting. Miami’s been playing fast, it’s been mentioned there could be a lot of 3’s put up between both teams tonight. Cam shoots the 3, plus long rebounds off missed 3’s could go to him, as he’s long and rangy. If he’s getting long boards, he can bring the ball up the floor and make plays. Miami is 23rd worse in steals allowed per possession so far, and Reddish with his length can create some steals. He’s really cheap. He just seems to have a lot going for him between the possible game set up, him under performing so far, his cheap price tag and size of the slate.

• Njsum1

@S7ubs said...

Another 3 game slate today, 11 gamer tomorrow and 3 game on Thursday. Can we just get like 8 games lol

Yeah total garbage…it gets more even starting on Friday, so there’s hope 🤷‍♂️

• noddy

@Pandamonious said...

He should be a decent shooter, but has been shooting terribly. Basically, there’s progression due in his shooting. Miami’s been playing fast, it’s been mentioned there could be a lot of 3’s put up between both teams tonight. Cam shoots the 3, plus long rebounds off missed 3’s could go to him, as he’s long and rangy. If he’s getting long boards, he can bring the ball up the floor and make plays. Miami is 23rd worse in steals allowed per possession so far, and Reddish with his length can create some steals. He’s really cheap. He just seems to have a lot going for him between the possible game set up, him under performing so far, his cheap price tag and size of the slate.

Apparently I’m missing a lot. Thanks Panda!

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Just getting started but Torrey Craig figures to be on the floor a bit for 3k.

Seems perfectly reasonable for the minutes and usage. Not much upside, yet if you need a filler on a short slate, I agree he works.

Can look to Plumlee 3400, DFS 3400, and Kleber @3700 as well. No one guy is a lock, yet one will probably deliver a game worthwhile

• dominicanpapi

Cam and “should be a decent shooter” is a narrative that has been haunting him since Duke. His mechanics indicate he should be a better shooter than he is, but he’s been struggling with his shot for a minute. I do agree he’s bad chalk, if his shot isn’t falling, what else is he going to lean on?

• JustDFSin

@pocket7ns said...

He is on a minutes restriction. Although they have been allowing him slightly more minutes in consecutive games. To start the season he Valanciunas has logged 16, 18, and 20 minutes. Going by that pattern chances are he probably gets ~22 tonight.

I wonder if he gets more than that tonight? JJJ will probably get in foul trouble against Davis. If they bring in Clark then who guards Dwight Howard when he comes in?

• JSteele

On a short slate, you probably need about 25 from your punts to have a chance. Cam has a path to success if he goes 3/5 from deep and gets a couple rebounds and steals. I think I prefer to look to bigs who have an easier path at multiple stats like Plumlee or Kleber.

• noddy

No mention of D Finney-Smith as a punt yet? If Powell plays does DFS lose minutes?

• mbunner23

@dominicanpapi said...

Cam and “should be a decent shooter” is a narrative that has been haunting him since Duke. His mechanics indicate he should be a better shooter than he is, but he’s been struggling with his shot for a minute. I do agree he’s bad chalk, if his shot isn’t falling, what else is he going to lean on?

Very much agreed. They said he was a good shooter in high school, yet he has struggled with his long range shooting since stepping on campus at Duke.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.