NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 8 ) at Miami ( -8 ) —- T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 6 ) at Denver ( -6 ) —- T: 216
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 12 ) at LA Lakers ( -12 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• JSteele

@noddy said...

No mention of D Finney-Smith as a punt yet? If Powell plays does DFS lose minutes?

Literally 4 posts above yours DFS was mentioned.

• SteeloCity

Can’t decide whether to load up on the stars or play a couple stars and then balance throughout…tough slate.

• noddy

@JSteele said...

Literally 4 posts above yours DFS was mentioned.

FML

• Njsum1

@kingsolobolo1 said...

Awesomo had George hill as bad chalk yesterday??? Wow

I don’t get why he picks out really cheap players and labels them “bad chalk.” I don’t understand the purpose of it. 🤷‍♂️ It’s not helpful to anyone. It really isn’t.

Everyday, we have the 3k to 3.5k punts du jour. Now unless, I’m hearing 35 minutes of run + usage, or just 30 minutes of run at Center, I’m essentially rotating these guys through. Like yesterday, I had some Hill, some Kendrick Williams, Hezonja, Spellman…yet I also had okafor, Chriss, and Paschall.

Unless it’s a unique situation, you just never know what these guys are really gonna do.

To Sum it up…it would be more helpful for anyone who thinks they can tout NBA, to discuss mid to high dollar players that will be popular and explain why we should go underweight or overweight, than try and talk people off 3k punts…..Imvho.

• monarch

I don’t like DFS here

• JSteele

@monarch said...

I don’t like DFS here

I’m curious what lineup they go with today. If Delon is off the bench, I kind of like him.

• noddy

@monarch said...

I don’t like DFS here

Not a big fan either, but there aren’t many players in that price range that I do like.

• Njsum1

Personally, I don’t love Cam Reddish tonight, because I think even if he has positive shooting regression, it would only put him around 18-20dk points instead of 12. He may also draw Butler or Winslow, who are good defenders.

However, Panda made a good point about the heat’s Pace, and it’s a short slate, and he’s only 3300, and his minutes have been trending in the right direction. So, if he gets some + regression, gets helped by the pace, he can easily pay off the 3300, so I’ll rotate him through. Don’t see any punt worth going overboard on tonight…still early though…let’s see what if any news breaks.

• monarch

Heat and Nuggets value is what I like. Possibly Kleber

• miggs6876

@monarch said...

Feel free to rip my HEAT outlook to shreds. I may be wrong on the Nunn/Herro rotation

Nice in depth write up. Thank you.

• Garpeters

Center on FD is atrocious tonight…

• JSteele

Anyone looking at the Avery Bradley revenge narrative?

• pocket7ns

I find myself targeting the Heat vs Hawks game the most in initial builds. Say what you will about the back to backs, and guys being tired etc. but this game has the highest total of the 3. I think Jimmy Butler is obviously the wildcard, but I don’t mind playing the periphery pieces around him at all. I think Nunn, Bam, and Winslow are still plenty viable. On the Hawks side I’m not really that enthusiastic about anyone not named Trae Young or John Collins, but perhaps one of their role players could show up tonight.

• mdalb

Im going cheap with Kelly O.

• IronMonkey415

Can’t believe I am reduce to playing Dwight Howard as my center on FD, just so I can play Kristap and Luka and Bam Bam.

• monarch

Evan Turner is doubtful…I interpret this as a slight plus for Bembry who played well vs the Heat in the preseason

• Njsum1

@Garpeters said...

Center on FD is atrocious tonight…

Honestly, this slate is atrocious.

• Garpeters

I’m likely only going to play a few single entry GPPs, and I’ll throw a single dart in the Clutch Shot.

• kbsktbll88

@monarch said...

Evan Turner is doubtful…I interpret this as a slight plus for Bembry who played well vs the Heat in the preseason

Might help a little, though Turner only played 7 minutes last game so it’s not much.

• frugal

@Wooden_Bones said...

I wouldn’t read too much into DvP this early in the season (or most other statistics).

This. The sample is far too small to be meaningful. I start digging in after every team has played about 5 games but things don’t really take shape until 10-15 games played and even the sample is still small enough that an outlier big game can skew things.

• frugal

@noddy said...

No mention of D Finney-Smith as a punt yet? If Powell plays does DFS lose minutes?

Mavs homer…honestly, I think outside Luka, KP, and Wright the lineup is going to be fluid night to night. While Powell is going to start most nights at C, against bigger bruisers Kleber is a far more physical defender. Conversely, when facing stud wings DFS is the Mavs best option on D.

• Njsum1

Interesting observation. Malik Beasley and Torrey Craig seem to be negatively correlated. If you look at their games logs you can see it’s almost perfect. When each has had their best game the other had his worst. And they both had their median game on the same night as well.

Knowing this you can 1) make sure they’re not in the same lineup
    2) make sure they’re both in the same lineup and lock in the Likely 30+ points for 6.3k

• thevogaman

Is this Bruno Fernando worth a punt on DK at 3.2k? Never heard of him… but seems like he has enough of a floor for a stars & scrubs construction.

Torrey Craig at min. price also makes no sense to me.

• JSteele

I really like Tyler Herro tonight at 4900 on DK. He is going to go overlooked as I expect him to get bumped out of the starting lineup for Butler. Spo has said he intends to start Nunn and Butler together. That is gonna put him in the 2nd unit where he will most likely see in an increase in usage with guys like Dragic, and Olynyk. His minutes should still be around mid to upper 20s and I wouldn’t be surprised if outscores his current average.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Interesting observation. Malik Beasley and Torrey Craig seem to be negatively correlated. If you look at their games logs you can see it’s almost perfect. When each has had their best game the other had his worst.

Knowing this you can 1) make sure they’re not in the same lineup
    2) make sure they’re both in the same lineup and lock in the Likely 30+ points for 6.3k

You can probably throw Will Barton into that situation somewhere. No way all 3 of those guys get 25+ minutes. It just doesn’t compute.

It’s interesting though because Labs claims Craig and Beasley are positively correlated, while both are negative to Barton.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).