NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 8 ) at Miami ( -8 ) —- T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 6 ) at Denver ( -6 ) —- T: 216
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 12 ) at LA Lakers ( -12 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• osuryanf

@Pandamonious said...

Dallas ( 103.75 ) @ Denver ( 109.75 )

- Dallas is 12th in pace so far, while Denver is 25th.

- Dallas is 5th in offensive efficiency, while Denver is 7th in defensive efficiency. Denver is just 20th in offensive efficiency while Dallas is 16th in defensive efficiency.

- Dallas is 16th, while Denver is only 26th in rebounding rate.

- Dallas is shooting the 4th most 3’s in the league with an average of 42 per game, but only 26th in , at 30.2 made. Denver is allowing the 9th most 3’s at the 5th best % allowed.

- Denver is shooting the 20th most 3’s at only 31.7 per game, at the 7th best % at 36.8. Dallas is 18th with 34.7 3’s allowed per game and 14th with a 33.7% conversion rate.

- Denver is 10th in assists allowed per possession while Dallas is 17th.

- Dallas is 5th and Denver is 9th in steals allowed per possession.

- Dallas is 1st in blocks allowed per possession (3.8%), while Denver is 10th (4.8%).

- Both teams are at the bottom of the league in PITP, and middle of the pack in PITP allowed.

- DVP allowed Dallas

PG: 13th
    SG: 7th
    SF: 9th
    PF: 25th
    C: 22nd

DVP allowed Denver.

PG: 14th
    SG: 25th
    SF: 22nd
    PF: 20th
    C: 12th

What website is this from? I had it bookmarked last year but can’t seem to find it now.

• gaelicgirl

@kwest said...

Hope the Mavs are already in Denver. Its dumping snow today

They flew out yesterday afternoon

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

It’s interesting though because Labs claims Craig and Beasley are positively correlated, while both are negative to Barton

Minutes wise that seems to be true. Yet not production wise. If you played all 3 every game…you got….66dk, 54dk, and 65dk…not bad for 10.9 in Salary.

Seems like Craig and Barton are capable of having solid games together while Beasley and Barton are the most negatively correlated. Yet you might want a hedge on the short slate. 🤷‍♂️

• Garpeters

Waiting to see if Brunson or Wright will be in the second unit… don’t like them if they start.

• BBWC_10

How much does Butler being back hurt Duncan? Or does he still see some time because of all the injuries at the F position?

• monarch

@kbsktbll88 said...

Might help a little, though Turner only played 7 minutes last game so it’s not much.

You would know this more than any but Huerter, Reddish and Hunter have been having their minutes monitored this season and its a B2B. I don’t think all of a sudden Bembry gets less, especially now with Turner out. And if the game is out of hand Bembry will run the team in the 4th Q.

Edit: And now FC has Bembry as the top value

• kbsktbll88

@Pandamonious said...

You can probably throw Will Barton into that situation somewhere. No way all 3 of those guys get 25+ minutes. It just doesn’t compute.

It’s interesting though because Labs claims Craig and Beasley are positively correlated, while both are negative to Barton.

They are positively correlated, Craig has just been sucking so it may seem like they’re not. Craig has shot 1-12 the last 2 games. Not enough of a sample size here. And yes, Barton is negatively correlated because he’s a starter.

• JSteele

@BBWC_10 said...

How much does Butler being back hurt Duncan? Or does he still see some time because of all the injuries at the F position?

I’m guessing he still gets some run, but not nearly enough. 11-16 minutes would be my guess. He’ll probably lose those when DJJ is healthy though.

• kbsktbll88

@monarch said...

You would know this more than any but Huerter, Reddish and Hunter have been having their minutes monitored this season and its a B2B. I don’t think all of a sudden Bembry gets less, especially now with Turner out. And if the game is out of hand Bembry will run the team in the 4th Q.

Edit: And now FC has Bembry as the top value

Yeah I’m aware of the restrictions, I think the B2B for Huerter is the big question here would help Bembry more than anything. I assume he is playing for now since there wasn’t anything said about him along with Evan Turner status.

• monarch

I like Barton SO much more than Harris. Is Harris chalk?

• zline34

@Njsum1 said...

I don’t get why he picks out really cheap players and labels them “bad chalk.” I don’t understand the purpose of it. 🤷‍♂️ It’s not helpful to anyone. It really isn’t.

Everyday, we have the 3k to 3.5k punts du jour. Now unless, I’m hearing 35 minutes of run + usage, or just 30 minutes of run at Center, I’m essentially rotating these guys through. Like yesterday, I had some Hill, some Kendrick Williams, Hezonja, Spellman…yet I also had okafor, Chriss, and Paschall.

Unless it’s a unique situation, you just never know what these guys are really gonna do.

To Sum it up…it would be more helpful for anyone who thinks they can tout NBA, to discuss mid to high dollar players that will be popular and explain why we should go underweight or overweight, than try and talk people off 3k punts…..Imvho.

I would consider Okafor and Melli bad chalk. They have a high probability of busting even with elevated minutes. The elevated ownership makes them bad chalk.

• jessedio

@monarch said...

I like Barton SO much more than Harris. Is Harris chalk?

Diff positions on FD. Nuggets will be the source for value tonight with only 3 games.

• kbsktbll88

Rondo out again

• JSteele

@kbsktbll88 said...

Rondo out again

Quinn Cook in play

• monarch

I think Duncan Robinson is very much in play. The Heat played Okpala and Silva last game along with 27 minutes of Dragic. I can’t access popcornmachine for preseason but it would make sense to me that Butler plays minutes with shooters like Herro and Robinson to help space the floor. Robinson can play some small ball four as can Butler or Winslow to get shooting on the floor, especially vs the Hawks who prefer to play small.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@osuryanf said...

What website is this from? I had it bookmarked last year but can’t seem to find it now.

A lot of that is teamrankings.com also pulled pace and efficiency starts from here…

http://www.espn.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/paceFactor/order/true

• RipCityRings

I’ve started keeping a record of who puts up big numbers vs each team this year to find overlooked correlations.

Easiest one is MEM getting absolutely torched by quick point guards- 37/7/7 from Kyrie, 37/6/4 from LaVine, 25/6/2 from White, and 27/7/7 from Winslow.

Unfortunately the Lakers don’t exactly fit this mold with Point LeBron, but Quinn Cook at 3.2K is a lock for me tonight.

• Barnabus

What do you guys think of Caruso?

• JSteele

@Barnabus said...

What do you guys think of Caruso?

He’s behind Cook on the depth chart now.

• monarch

Thoughts on Brunson? He had some nice performances vs Denver last season and won’t be defended by the likes of Harris, Barton or Craig

• JSteele

@monarch said...

Thoughts on Brunson? He had some nice performances vs Denver last season and won’t be defended by the likes of Harris, Barton or Craig

I looked at this, but one game was in 39 minutes, which he won’t get tonight and the other had no Doncic playing. So it’s a pass from me.

• gausman7

@JSteele said...

I looked at this, but one game was in 39 minutes, which he won’t get tonight and the other had no Doncic playing. So it’s a pass from me.

Brunson makes sense on FD for salary relief. PG is ugly tonight so would rather pay up elsewhere. Brunson gives me salary to pay up for AD or Lebron comfortably.

• monarch

@RipCityRings said...

I’ve started keeping a record of who puts up big numbers vs each team this year to find overlooked correlations.

Easiest one is MEM getting absolutely torched by quick point guards- 37/7/7 from Kyrie, 37/6/4 from LaVine, 25/6/2 from White, and 27/7/7 from Winslow.

Unfortunately the Lakers don’t exactly fit this mold with Point LeBron, but Quinn Cook at 3.2K is a lock for me tonight.

Even though he is going to get Tyus Jones on defense and not human turnstyle Ja Morant?

• Njsum1

@zline34 said...

I would consider Okafor and Melli bad chalk. They have a high probability of busting even with elevated minutes. The elevated ownership makes them bad chalk.

Very hindsight post zline34.

Melli wasn’t chalky. Okafor was, yet he wasn’t bad chalk. He was 3100, he got 15.75 points which was probably on the very low end of his realistic outcomes. Centers been feasting on GS, he could have hung a 40 burger. Picked up 3 quick fouls, then the game got out of reach for the Pels, so obviously the center is going to see limited run.

Yet my post had almost nothing to do with individual plays.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

Even though he is going to get Tyus Jones on defense and not human turnstyle Ja Morant?

He’ll likely have some overlap with Ja

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).