NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 8 ) at Miami ( -8 ) —- T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 6 ) at Denver ( -6 ) —- T: 216
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 12 ) at LA Lakers ( -12 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• RipCityRings

Dallas also got spanked by CJ and Lillard, with 35/6/4 and 28/3/5, respectively. Forwards also have done quite a bit of damage: 20/6 from Hood, 25/8/3 from Ingram, (usage obviously a factor there), 14/10 from Hachimura, etc.

Barton sort of checks both of those boxes, and Jerami Grant is intriguing as well.

• RipCityRings

@monarch said...

Even though he is going to get Tyus Jones on defense and not human turnstyle Ja Morant?

That’s a great point, who do they hide Ja on tonight? I think Danny Green is in a great spot as well, not sure who they have to match up with him.

• sass0

JJJ on FD?

• gaelicgirl

Anyone considering Ja against the Lakers, or do you think AD/Dwight shut him down?

• monarch

Jamal Murray pretty good last season on B2B which makes sense being the youthful source of offense on that team…might be harder for Jokic, Milsap to get up and down the floor

• JSteele

@gaelicgirl said...

Anyone considering Ja against the Lakers, or do you think AD/Dwight shut him down?

Ja doesn’t fit into my current build. But I hadn’t considered him at all today. I hope he’s higher owned because of the last game.

• monarch

@RipCityRings said...

Dallas also got spanked by CJ and Lillard, with 35/6/4 and 28/3/5, respectively. Forwards also have done quite a bit of damage: 20/6 from Hood, 25/8/3 from Ingram, (usage obviously a factor there), 14/10 from Hachimura, etc.

Barton sort of checks both of those boxes, and Jerami Grant is intriguing as well.

Dallas can’t defend SGs. CJ did anything he wanted which makes me really like Barton at 4600. CJ was killing them off the dribble

• Bkbrlr

Lineup construction question… as a single entry game, I have a lineup I’m happy with, however, no AD or Lebron, just Green for the late game. Is it wise to do that? I know that there are players that I can fit in that having 1 or both of them would not allow me to do. I’m thinking of just rolling with it.

• SteeloCity

@gausman7 said...

Brunson makes sense on FD for salary relief. PG is ugly tonight so would rather pay up elsewhere. Brunson gives me salary to pay up for AD or Lebron comfortably.

Who are you playing to fit AD and Lebron? Just curious. I have not even thought about those two. Maybe playing Quinn Cook or Howard from that game most likely. Just wanting to hear your thoughts.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Jamal Murray pretty good last season on B2B which makes sense being the youthful source of offense on that team…might be harder for Jokic, Milsap to get up and down the floor

Jokic just needs to pound his three 2-liters of Coke during the game and he’ll be good to go.

• JSteele

I could play Jamal Murray but then i’d have to play Reddish, or I could play Barton and one of Crowder, Clarke, Wright, Dwight, or Herro or anyone below that

• dominicanpapi

@Njsum1 said...

Very hindsight post zline34.

Melli wasn’t chalky. Okafor was, yet he wasn’t bad chalk. He was 3100, he got 15.75 points which was probably on the very low end of his realistic outcomes. Centers been feasting on GS, he could have hung a 40 burger. Picked up 3 quick fouls, then the game got out of reach for the Pels, so obviously the center is going to see limited run.

Yet my post had almost nothing to do with individual plays.

Pace of play also played a role. Okafor’s not an up and down guy, so the pace didn’t favor him at all.

• SteeloCity

Is Jokic a fade? Feel like people will be off him cause 1. High price 2. He didn’t live up to expectations last night.

Who y’all like at C on FD?

• gaelicgirl

@monarch said...

Dallas can’t defend SGs. CJ did anything he wanted which makes me really like Barton at 4600. CJ was killing them off the dribble

Will have some Jamal/Joker vs Luka/Zinger LUs tonight

• frugal

@RipCityRings said...

I was at the POR/DAL game, and it was very odd. CJ destroyed, Dame had only 2 points at half doing all his damage in the 2nd half. They totally eliminated Whiteside as a scoring threat inside.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

Glad to see that half my lineup was talked about here recently as good plays. Makes me think I actually do know what I’m doing….well at least on yahoo anyway, I still get spangled on the other sites a little too often!

• Nasanji

Great stuff. Insights and effort really appreciated. Thanks.

• JSteele

@frugal said...

I was at the POR/DAL game, and it was very odd. CJ destroyed, Dame had only 2 points at half doing all his damage in the 2nd half. They totally eliminated Whiteside as a scoring threat inside.

It looks like CJ did a lot of his damage with the 2nd unit against some combination Seth Curry, Tim Hardaway and Delon Wright.

• skankinmat

thoughts on Meyers Leonard tonight? Im guessing he becomes esp. intriguing in Olynk sits but assuming he is in for now.

• shades

Cook or Beasley?Cook seems safer now with Rondo out.Thanks

• frugal

@JSteele said...

It looks like CJ did a lot of his damage with the 2nd unit against some combination Seth Curry, Tim Hardaway and Delon Wright.

POR, like all teams with dynamic guards, ran a constant P&R and just killed the Mavs who were unable to adjust quick enough. If they tried going under the screen he shot the 3, over and he drove the lane. It was a beautiful thing to watch, just wish it wasn’t against the Mavs. Conversely, when Whiteside was on the floor the Mavs forced shifts until he was expected to guard on the perimeter where they shot over him as he was slagging off to ensure he could recover to the post. Jokic is a little more nimble than Whiteside, but I expect the Mavs to try and force similar switches tonight forcing Jokic/Plumlee out to the perimeter with KP doing some damage from 3.

• rpolzin25

Dk, Crowder or Brooks options? I’m stuck trying to figure out my last 2 guys at pf/utility… Right now I got kleber/jjj

• JSteele

@frugal said...

POR, like all teams with dynamic guards, ran a constant P&R and just killed the Mavs who were unable to adjust quick enough. If they tried going under the screen he shot the 3, over and he drove the lane. It was a beautiful thing to watch, just wish it wasn’t against the Mavs. Conversely, when Whiteside was on the floor the Mavs forced shifts until he was expected to guard on the perimeter where they shot over him as he was slagging off to ensure he could recover to the post. Jokic is a little more nimble than Whiteside, but I expect the Mavs to try and force similar switches tonight forcing Jokic/Plumlee out to the perimeter with KP doing some damage from 3.

I’m looking at Denver and it seems like they don’t run the PnR all that often. They run more post up plays with Jokic.

• rpolzin25

And one more. I want luka for sure but would you rather have jokic or trae tonight on dk

• JSteele

@rpolzin25 said...

And one more. I want luka for sure but would you rather have jokic or trae tonight on dk

I prefer Trae

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).