NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 3 ) at Boston ( -3 ) —- T: 194.5
    7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3 ) at Miami ( 3 ) —- T: 216
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( -3.5 ) at New York ( 3.5 ) —- T: 207
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 6 ) at Houston ( -6 ) —- T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 6 ) at Memphis ( -6 ) —- T: 193.5
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 227
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 7.5 ) at Utah ( -7.5 ) —- T: 192
    10:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 2 ) at Portland ( -2 ) —- T: 215.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -4.5 ) at LA Clippers ( 4.5 ) —- T: 221

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

With Dwight I’m concerned about road B2B and the guy he’s guarding is generally 26 feet away from the basket.

• 7klub06

@monarch said...

With Dwight I’m concerned about road B2B and the guy he’s guarding is generally 26 feet away from the basket.

So wouldn’t that make u want to lock Gasol in

• tmarohl

@Hiqhliqht said...

Towns is sick guys.

How sick?

• kps3205s

@Hiqhliqht said...

Towns is sick guys.

Saw this on the Star Tribune blog regarding Towns being sick. Will definitely have to monitor.

“One-hundred sixty nine, about to be 170,” he said.

When asked further about feeling ill, Towns said, “I’m fine. I don’t need no speculation on the flu game.”

http://www.startribune.com/hassan-whiteside-out-injured-karl-anthony-towns-ailing-for-tonight-s-game-in-miami/454116583/

• mbunner23

@osuryanf said...

There’s not a single PG that I love tonight… not one.

• 7klub06

Anyone taking the gamble with Jonas Val

• jwq14

This optimizer loves Dillon Brooks every single day

• gravitymaze

Anyone noticing that this year it seems like you can go cheap on the guard position but need to pay up for the big men? They are more talented than ever providing longer shots, rebounds, blocks, etc.

• osuryanf

@mbunner23 said...

Kyle Lowry?

Nope, actually don’t like him at all. He’s had one relevant fantasy performance and that was against the no-defense Lakers.

It’s sad but from a point per $ perspective McConnell is my favorite PG tonight and I know he’s going to be uber chalk… but I can’t get off of him.

• monarch

KAT was my favorite player tonight. I think I’m going to pivot off of now. He’s an energy guy and I just don’t see the ceiling if he has something like the flu or was out too late last night in Miami.

• 7klub06

@jwq14 said...

Ha what optimizer you on? I’m loving Evans and Martin.

• jimmyd1507

@jwq14 said...

I see a lot of ‘optimizers’ that just take the two highest projected players and throw in a bunch of turds.

• Hiqhliqht

@osuryanf said...

Nope, actually don’t like him at all. He’s had one relevant fantasy performance and that was against the no-defense Lakers.

It’s sad but from a point per $ perspective McConnell is my favorite PG tonight and I know he’s going to be uber chalk… but I can’t get off of him.

SInce Fultz has been hurt hes been an absolute beast. He should also get a tiny boost if Reddick is out. But you gotta love him as of now cause hell play for a solid 27+ mins and hustle his butt off. 76er fan speaking, Hes a poor mans draymond at the guard spot. points/rebounds/steals/assists. Great defender. Take advantage before its to late, especially vs HOU

• tmarohl

@kps3205s said...

Saw this on the Star Tribune blog regarding Towns being sick. Will definitely have to monitor.

“One-hundred sixty nine, about to be 170,” he said.

When asked further about feeling ill, Towns said, “I’m fine. I don’t need no speculation on the flu game.”

http://www.startribune.com/hassan-whiteside-out-injured-karl-anthony-towns-ailing-for-tonight-s-game-in-miami/454116583/

Doesn’t sound so bad, but I did a lineup that included Wiggins and Dieng for the hell of it.

• Ibleedblue1

5 hours and 14 minutes before lock and I love my LU. This is not good.

• monarch

Jimmy Butler should feast on Waiters or J Rich without rim protection

• osuryanf

@Hiqhliqht said...

SInce Fultz has been hurt hes been an absolute beast. He should also get a tiny boost if Reddick is out. But you gotta love him as of now cause hell play for a solid 27+ mins and hustle his butt off. 76er fan speaking, Hes a poor mans draymond at the guard spot. points/rebounds/steals/assists. Great defender. Take advantage before its to late, especially vs HOU

You nailed all the reasons why I’m heavy on it. He’s a hustler. He’s gonna bring it 100% every single night. You don’t have to worry about him busting his ass for a rebound or to get on a loose ball (steal). As long as he’s under 5k I can’t help but NOT heavily expose myself.

• jimmyd1507

@mbyrd75 said...

i think i’ll let ya’ll roster the fake dwight and I’ll stick with the real one. 4 straight over 40fpts against 4 teams that allow less than league average to the C position. Tonight a matchup with the Grizz allowing 15% more than average to the position. That red #1 by his name on DK should keep ownership low. Still not sure how they calculate that.

They just make it up. Seriously…

https://s1.postimg.org/3mmcwrwwnz/Screenshot_20171027-184746.png

Tell me how Poltel and Ibaka are both listed at PF/C…

And the Lakers are 7th against PF/C while also being 30th against PF/C.

• tmarohl

@gravitymaze said...

Anyone noticing that this year it seems like you can go cheap on the guard position but need to pay up for the big men? They are more talented than ever providing longer shots, rebounds, blocks, etc.

Every once in a while you get a cheap center go off, but that is usually throwing darts. At least on FD where you can only roster one I prefer the center to be the anchor of my lineups and I try to find a guy who is going to give me consistent minutes and points.

• gausman7

Maybe Butler takes over tonight and drops a 60-panini while KAT drinks coconut water and makes multiple trips to tend to his bubble guts and goes all Jackson Pollock with the green apple splatters…

• jfree901

@frugal said...

Howard has been playing great and has put up some big games against Gasol, certainly in play. However, be careful about putting too much faith into DvP this early in the season as the numbers will be skewed for the teams who have played the elite players at a given position. For example, any team who has played against Cousins is going to appear to give more to C’s due to his matchup proof numbers. Once we get some more normalized data, I can’t see Memphis being plus DvP at C.

Nice tip. Grizz opened with Boogie for the home opener. I do not recall a single C in the next 5 games that did anything against them. They look awesome on D besides a blown 22 pt lead against the Mavs.

• pick6er

After running THJ last night, it’s time to stay away for a week or 2 lol. Give me some Jimmy buckets or Derozan please!

• Juicy2funny

Any thoughts on Mike Conley?

• pick6er

@gausman7 said...

Maybe Butler takes over tonight and drops a 60-panini while KAT drinks coconut water and makes multiple trips to tend to his bubble guts and goes all Jackson Pollock with the green apple splatters…

• walkoff9

I hate being late to the party, dont want to play mcconnell. Feels like Delon wright. As soon as i jump on he will see 12 minutes and score 5 points.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler