NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 3 ) at Boston ( -3 ) —- T: 194.5
    7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3 ) at Miami ( 3 ) —- T: 216
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( -3.5 ) at New York ( 3.5 ) —- T: 207
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 6 ) at Houston ( -6 ) —- T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 6 ) at Memphis ( -6 ) —- T: 193.5
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 227
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 7.5 ) at Utah ( -7.5 ) —- T: 192
    10:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 2 ) at Portland ( -2 ) —- T: 215.5
    10:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -4.5 ) at LA Clippers ( 4.5 ) —- T: 221

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• gillio

Favorite plays so far:

McConnell
    Ben Simmons
    Capela
    Derozan
    Lowry
    Lillard

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Jokic or Simmons on DK? Simmons is actually priced higher but I’m slightly concerned with the Rockets having a full stable of Ariza, Luc Richard and PJ Tucker available and it’s their second time seeing him already. Kinda think Joker trashes the Knicks as long as Kanter doesn’t get him in foul trouble.

Don’t think you will see a bunch of Kanter tonight. The Knicks other big men match up better vs Jokic.

• Pointgiven

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@gillio said...

Locks so far:

McConnell
    Ben Simmons
    Capela

Might as well pop Harden in there and get some real good Correlation :)

• cjrswish

Harden hasn’t erupted this year, even without Chris Paul. It’s because Eric Gordon has been BALLING and i love him in this spot.

• P0key

@tmarohl said...

Every once in a while you get a cheap center go off, but that is usually throwing darts. At least on FD where you can only roster one I prefer the center to be the anchor of my lineups and I try to find a guy who is going to give me consistent minutes and points.

on FD the 3 points for blocks is game changing and if the center happens to get a theft as well it gets crazy out there..

• pick6er

Am I the only one feeling too caught up in Dwight now and overlooking DJ?

• monarch

@Cooper08 said...

Don’t think you will see a bunch of Kanter tonight. The Knicks other big men match up better vs Jokic.

So KOQ as a tourney play?

• kps3205s

Can only have 1. Clint Capela or Eric Gordon? Many thanks.

• mbunner23

@noddy said...

I’m 100% McConnell. If he busts I’m never playing daily fantasy basketball again. EVER!

Noddy, get in my league brother.

• frugal

@dunbarnation said...

Dragic’s upside is capped by waiters being in the starting lineup. He acts as the dominant ball handler on the court despite dragic being labelled as the point guard. If you look at usage with whiteside on and off the court, it supports this.

Dragic typically has a usage of 26. With waiters on the floor and whiteside off the floor, his usage drops to 24.2 while waiters is 26.9. The thought behind this is that waiters attempts to take on the larger workload more than dragic.

However, when waiters is off the floor, dragic’s usage goes up to 30. With ellington questionable tonight, the play tonight for the heat is Waiters because he can approach 40 minutes and will dominate the ball the most regardless of whom is in the lineup.

As for James Johnson, he performs best off the bench rather than the starting lineup because he shares ball handling duties with Tyler Johnson with the bench unit. In the starting lineup, he plays more off the ball and has to rely more on made shots and defensive stats to make value since he will have significantly lower assist opportunities.

I thought I could provide some insight for those trying to figure out the heat situation.

Thanks!

But of course that brings matchup into play right? Shouldn’t Waiters draw Butler on D? My projections love Dragic tonight, but based on this I’ll likely dial back exposure a bit.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

So KOQ as a tourney play?

Personally, I think Willy matches up best with Jokic due to his athleticism. Kanter is just so slow and koq falls in between them. Probably be one of those nights were they each get 12-15 min.

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@noddy said...

I’m 100% McConnell. If he busts I’m never playing daily fantasy basketball again. EVER!

why 100% TJ ? Just curious. . . If I’m going 100% it’s usually on a stud I know is going to go off, or a 3k value piece who will get a massive boost due to an injury to a starter

• bigkino217

@cjrswish said...

Harden hasn’t erupted this year, even without Chris Paul. It’s because Eric Gordon has been BALLING and i love him in this spot.

it’s also because the league took away his foul drawing move to get fts.

• Petergunz82

@apeterson8809 said...

why 100% TJ ? Just curious. . . If I’m going 100% it’s usually on a stud I know is going to go off, or a 3k value piece who will get a massive boost due to an injury to a starter

Hot hand, Redick Questionable, Houston turns the ball over and Philly doesn’t really have a true PG outside of Bayless

• jv21

@dunbarnation said...

Dragic’s upside is capped by waiters being in the starting lineup. He acts as the dominant ball handler on the court despite dragic being labelled as the point guard. If you look at usage with whiteside on and off the court, it supports this.

Dragic typically has a usage of 26. With waiters on the floor and whiteside off the floor, his usage drops to 24.2 while waiters is 26.9. The thought behind this is that waiters attempts to take on the larger workload more than dragic.

However, when waiters is off the floor, dragic’s usage goes up to 30. With ellington questionable tonight, the play tonight for the heat is Waiters because he can approach 40 minutes and will dominate the ball the most regardless of whom is in the lineup.

As for James Johnson, he performs best off the bench rather than the starting lineup because he shares ball handling duties with Tyler Johnson with the bench unit. In the starting lineup, he plays more off the ball and has to rely more on made shots and defensive stats to make value since he will have significantly lower assist opportunities.

I thought I could provide some insight for those trying to figure out the heat situation.

Thanks for the info.

Like everyone else I like Dragic, thoughts on on the match ups and if this matters between picking Dragic vs Waiter? I feel like this game could be close, so I might roster 3-4 guys in a lineup (2 from MIN and 2 from MIA).

• Pointgiven

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

Dragic always lights up the wolves…I’m playing him in cash..

• gillio

@Pointgiven said...

Might as well pop Harden in there and get some real good Correlation :)

Nah he’s not worth his price tag

• gillio

Blake going for a 30 point double double tonight

• LetsCash

IMO Simmons really is what he seems to be.

What he’s doing isn’t a mirage or going away. He will be good for 35 – 40 fps a night as long as he’s healthy…

He often grabs a board dribbles down court and initiates the offense getting an assist or backing a smaller player into the post.

The way that Brown has crafted the offense is conducive to him getting numbers and Fultz being out indefinitely only boosts his value.

Speaking specifically about Houston, you just can’t fade Simmons against them. The pace of play just promotes more and more possessions and more opportunities for points, rebounds, and assists.

Fade at your own risk.

• dopeismarcus

@Pointgiven said...

Dragic always lights up the wolves…I’m playing him in cash..

this is a different wolfpack…

• mbunner23

Anybody on Aldridge, going against a bad rebounding Celtics front court?

• frugal

OK, just need news on Raptor bigs and I think I’m done.

• 40coach

I feel like tonight is the night Gallinari goes off. He gets the minutes and shots up, tonight is the night they fall.

• Pointgiven

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@dopeismarcus said...

this is a different wolfpack…

True they went from Rubio to Teague and there PG Defense got much worse…

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

Making my way through this slate. . .
    Spurs/Celtics – pretty much a fade

Nuggets/Knicks – Jokic vs Kanter seems like a dream matchup. both teams playing b2b, but damn, its so early in the season, it shouldn’t matter.

76ers/Rockets – harden 35+ real points tonight plus a triple-double; I just got a feeling, that’s all. Lmao

Warriors/Clippers – I’ve seen a lot of blake love in this forum but I don’t really get it. His price is way too high and I don’t think he’s done enough to justify it. at 9.3k he has yet to touch 6x value all season. Plus, LAC has overperformed YTD and the Warriors have underperformed. With GS losing last night, I can’t see this game being close going into the 4th. If this game does stay close, Pat Bev could be the difference maker. . . steals and if his 3pt shot is going down.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler