7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Charlotte ( -4 ) —- T: 221
    7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 4.5 ) at Cleveland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 226
    7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 4 ) at Orlando ( -4 ) —- T: 223
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 8.5 ) at Boston ( -8.5 ) —- T: 209.5
    7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 6.5 ) at Toronto ( -6.5 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 224.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 2 ) at Memphis ( -2 ) —- T: 217.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 2.5 ) at Okla City ( -2.5 ) —- T: 225

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

@noddy said...

Is 30 enough? And that’s if he gets there.

It’s enough, if he gets there, it’s also not his ceiling. He could get more, he could also get much less, yet the matchup and minutes are prime. He’s gonna take a usage hit, so hope he can get some peripherals and stay out of foul trouble.

• mtdurham

@Imnotverygoodatall said...

how good is bjelica on defense. I have this image of a slow moving pero antic in my head that makes me wonder if AG could get him in foul trouble

He’s a good defender but moreso just a positional defender who rebounds well… not like someone who is necessarily going to give AG any trouble

• captainwacky

@mtdurham said...

He’s a good defender but moreso just a positional defender who rebounds well… not like someone who is necessarily going to give AG any trouble

This is pretty accurate… he does have a tendency to hack a little at times though; when he was starting for stretches with the Wolves he would get into foul trouble semi-often.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

My guess is Chris Paul is going to either be doing a lot of the scoring or aiding in it. he’s a little pricey on DK, yet I’m still paying him. He’s cheaper on FD, although not in the bargain bin, I would want my heavier exposure there.

+1. All this talk about Gordon vs Melo ignoring the obvious option with Harden still out. Much better matchup than last game IMHO.

• mtdurham

@mbunner23 said...

back with the hot takes!

what you don’t think Miami has a deep rotation?

• mbunner23

@mtdurham said...

what you don’t think Miami has a deep rotation?

That’s not what I was disagreeing with. Your take on Whiteside and saying Winslow can play center…

• mtdurham

@mbunner23 said...

That’s not what I was disagreeing with. Your take on Whiteside and saying Winslow can play center…

Winslow does play center…he’s been a center for 3 years now…even played in the Eastern Semis two years ago… It’s literally the position he’s best suited for and they’ve had the most success using him at.

Next you’ll be telling me MKG doesn’t play center either

• kbsktbll88

@frugal said...

+1. All this talk about Gordon vs Melo ignoring the obvious option with Harden still out. Much better matchup than last game IMHO.

It’s an elite match up.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

Nothing wrong with Paul, but why can’t you play more than one Rocket?

• mtdurham

I can’t do it with CP3. I think it’s possible he’s fallen off a cliff this year and the injuries have finally gotten to him.

Plus Dame definitely isn’t a defender i really want to target.

If he was $8k I’d think about it. $9.3k is excessive IMO. I doubt they want to run him into the ground this early in the year and he’s just not showing the ability to score at will right now

• kbsktbll88

Another hot take

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

You can play all the Rockets you want, but the vast majority of scoring from Gordon and Melo is going to start with Paul. So any exposure to that game for me is going to start with Paul. I’ll likely only get on Gordon and Melo if I decide to stack.

• mbunner23

@mtdurham said...

Winslow does play center…he’s been a center for 3 years now…even played in the Eastern Semis two years ago…

Ok but he isn’t a traditional center, you aren’t going to put him on Joel Embiid, Jokic, etc. That’s not his natural position, he is a SF, slasher. I won’t even bother arguing with you on Whiteside.

• frugal

@mtdurham said...

I can’t do it with CP3. I think it’s possible he’s fallen off a cliff this year and the injuries have finally gotten to him.

Plus Dame definitely isn’t a defender i really want to target.

I think Paul’s body of work vs Lilliard kinda speaks for itself regarding targeting him especially with Harden out (we have a nice sample just last season). That said, you could be right regarding injury, though Paul has already flashed 50+ FP upside this season. I’m not locking him in across the board, but like I said, any rockets exposure I’m going to have is going to start with him.

• kbsktbll88

@Pandamonious said...

Cause everyone is priced too high

• mtdurham

@mbunner23 said...

Ok but he isn’t a traditional center, you aren’t going to put him on Joel Embiid, Jokic, etc. That’s not his natural position, he is a SF, slasher. I won’t even bother arguing with you on Whiteside.

thats fine if he cant play 40 mintues at center…the question is why didnt whiteside get but ~30 minutes last eyar…. well they have a lot of depth at the position and whiteside frankly isnt very good (though he has been palying better so far this year)…

with this much compeition for minutes it’s not a good idea to rely on him to get more than 30 mpg when everyone is healthy

• Pandamonious

@kbsktbll88 said...

Another hot take

Last year Portland as a team made a more concerted effort to improve as a team defensively. Lillard spearheaded that. He’s not a bad defender at all. This isn’t an elite match up for Paul. If you’re playing Paul it is strictly for the usage bump with Harden out. There’s nothing wrong with that though.

• mtdurham

@frugal said...

I think Paul’s body of work vs Lilliard kinda speaks for itself regarding targeting him especially with Harden out (we have a nice sample just last season). That said, you could be right regarding injury, though Paul has already flashed 50+ FP upside this season. I’m not locking him in across the board, but like I said, any rockets exposure I’m going to have is going to start with him.

i just think it’s worth noting Paul FPS/min is about 1.0 against teams not named the LA Lakers and about 2.0 against teams named the LA Lakers…

Checks Schedule

Tonight’s Opponent: “Not the LA Lakers”

I’m out.

• kbsktbll88

@Pandamonious said...

Last year Portland as a team made a more concerted effort to improve as a team defensively. Lillard spearheaded that. He’s not a bad defender at all. This isn’t an elite match up for Paul. If you’re playing Paul it is strictly for the usage bump with Harden out. There’s nothing wrong with that though.

Lillard is not a good 1 on 1 defender, team defense may be better. Portland is also on the tail end of a road B2B. CP3 is in a great spot to abuse Lillard.

And the hot take was not about Lillard anyways, it was about CP3. He has literally played 3 games this season, 2 of which he shot 50%+ in nearly triple doubled against the Lakers and could have gotten there had it not been for the ejection. But somehow he has fallen off a cliff according to the hot take king.

I swear some of y’all don’t actually watch games and just rely on box scores and what optimizers spit out.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

I’ve been playing long enough to never get excited about rostering Evan Turner, but the dude’s lowest Draftkings output this year has been 21.5 which is well over 5x that price and he’s hit 30 as well this year… there are certainly duds coming but he hasn’t let you down at this price yet this year, seems like a decent salary saver on a night without a bunch to like under $4.5

• Packapunch

@kbsktbll88 said...

Lillard is not a good 1 on 1 defender, team defense may be better. Portland is also on the tail end of a road B2B. CP3 is in a great spot to abuse Lillard.

And the hot take was not about Lillard anyways, it was about CP3. He has literally played 3 games this season, 2 of which he shot 50%+ in nearly triple doubled against the Lakers and could have gotten there had it not been for the ejection. But somehow he has fallen off a cliff according to the hot take king.

I swear some of y’all don’t actually watch games and just rely on box scores and what optimizers spit out.

• captainwacky

Part of Paul’s appeal (especially on FD) is that if these games get back-and-forth competitive and they run him out there a bunch, his ceiling is pretty nice due to steals+assists (steals being better on FD, assists getting him 2×2 or 3×2 bonus on DK). I think that’s where his GPP value lies— the ceiling is a little better than some of the other options, he just might not get there as often.

After all that analysis, I probably won’t be on him a ton today, but I’ll have a few shares.

• Pandamonious

@kbsktbll88 said...

I watch games, but if anyone can watch a game and process everything that’s going on without rewinding, changing angles, following every detail watching each guy through every play you’re not going to see everything. It’s worthwhile of course, but it’s not everything. That’s where stats do come in. There’s metrics that do a lot of that work for you. Not taking advantage of them and using them as a guide is idiotic. They’re more reliable then your eyes. I know you’re not directing this simply at me, but I’ve never used an optimizer as a source of decision. I have compared projections to my thoughts though. In fact I’m willing to guess most optimizers have Paul as a top PG play today. I don’t think he is. I might be wrong. He’s a usage play today. Not a match up play. Walker, Conley, Young, Fox if he was healthy all have better match ups. Arguably a better shown ceiling to price ratio as well.

• kbsktbll88

@captainwacky said...

Part of Paul’s appeal (especially on FD) is that if these games get back-and-forth competitive and they run him out there a bunch, his ceiling is pretty nice due to steals+assists (steals being better on FD, assists getting him 2×2 or 3×2 bonus on DK). I think that’s where his GPP value lies— the ceiling is a little better than some of the other options, he just might not get there as often.

After all that analysis, I probably won’t be on him a ton today, but I’ll have a few shares.

I’m not saying CP3 is a must play tonight, he’s not by any means because of his salary. But I think he’s a very very good GPP play. Ownership will be very low after last game’s performance and people not looking at context. Plus you have Westbrook that a lot of people will pay up for because he’s Westbrook.. but the match up is bad. And then there’s also Kemba who everyone will be on.

The schedule for the Blazers is rough though. 3rd game in 4 nights and 4th in 6 nights with tonight being the tail end of a road B2B. It doesn’t get worse than that.

This is an absolute prime spot for CP3. FWIW the last game he played vs Lillard with Harden out he had 37 points, 11 assists, 7 rebounds and 3 steals.

• stevegainz

Embiid just sat on the perimeter last night and looked awful against the hawks, but can we go back to him tonight at 9700?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).