NBA FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( -6 ) at Brooklyn ( 6 ) —- T: 211.5
    7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) —- T: 201.5
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( 7 ) at Toronto ( -7 ) —- T: 204
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 10.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -10.5 ) —- T: 206

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• KindGuy

DK not playing around with their NBA prize pools this year! Love it!

• clrockny24

just found out I won $2 last night by placing 43rd in a free contest!

• RyanM1512

@clrockny24 said...

just found out I won $2 last night by placing 43rd in a free contest!

always a good feeling

• clrockny24

@RyanM1512 said...

always a good feeling

so glad NBA is back. I’m pretty much just your average player, but you always feel like you have a chance playing NBA. Don’t feel that way playing NFL, I was starting to hate it.

glad I played zaza

• bangthedrummond

Paul and DeRozan locked in. To Boogie or not to Boogie….

• faheemtheking

Quick Thoughts,

Demar DeRozan has been shooting like its going out of style. 25+ shots in his last couple. Seriously?

Demarre Carroll is minutes on the cheap, 4.6K for 32+ minutes is always good.

If Trevor Booker is consistent with his points you’re looking at another 5 Pt/$ showing.

• TheWhiteMamba

Even despite his struggles so far this season, I think I will go back to Bazemore tonight. He’s under 5k on DK now, took 11 shots in his last game, and i really like his matchup.

• KindGuy

Some pretty big spreads tonight. Gonna be some blowouts I guess. Time to explore bench options?

• KindGuy

@clrockny24 said...

so glad NBA is back. I’m pretty much just your average player, but you always feel like you have a chance playing NBA. Don’t feel that way playing NFL, I was starting to hate it.

glad I played zaza

I feel like MLB and NHL are the two sports where anybody can luck out and win a GPP but I could be wrong.

• DirkDigglerz

Jokic Nurkic Stack for me someone will blow

• orangehat44

@clrockny24 said...

glad I played zaza

NFL been rough this year, i had such a better win rate last year. (i also had more bankroll to play with last year but then since im in NY i withdrew it all during the lockout. and only put alittle back on when it came back) but in a week of NBA and alittle of preaseason recouped a fair amount of the beating i was taking in nfl.

but on tonight what do we like tonight with a all high o/u games but decent spreads. we got the battle of the lopezes (lopi?) come to look at it i like 4-5 centers tonight lol.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@faheemtheking said...

Quick Thoughts,

Demar DeRozan has been shooting like its going out of style. 25+ shots in his last couple. Seriously?

Demarre Carroll is minutes on the cheap, 4.6K for 32+ minutes is always good.

If Trevor Booker is consistent with his points you’re looking at another 5 Pt/$ showing.

Which is why Derozan is a fade. His peripherals are rarely there and so he will need to keep making a high % of these shots to make value. I do like Lowery, though vs Mudiay.

Going mostly balanced. Will have some Paul.Griffin. Otherwise, on FD I’ll pay up for Boogie and balance the rest.

• kylar18

Whether or not to play boogie is gonna be the deciding factor in whether you win tonight or not in a 4 game slate

• faheemtheking

@yountingly said...

Which is why Derozan is a fade. His peripherals are rarely there and so he will need to keep making a high % of these shots to make value. I do like Lowery, though vs Mudiay.

Going mostly balanced. Will have some Paul.Griffin. Otherwise, on FD I’ll pay up for Boogie and balance the rest.

Your argument is a good one on Derozan, however I would like to counter.

Even if he makes ~40% of those shots hes a lock at 20 points MINIMUM. He is also averaging ~5 rebounds and ~2 assists. I do not wish to give up that type of consistency since I am mostly a cash game player.

The rest of the field, as far as SG, is questionable other than maybe Wade and Redick in a cash-game sense.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@faheemtheking said...

Your argument is a good one on Derozan, however I would like to counter.

Even if he makes ~40% of those shots hes a lock at 20 points MINIMUM. He is also averaging ~5 rebounds and ~2 assists. I do not wish to give up that type of consistency since I am mostly a cash game player.

The rest of the field, as far as SG, is questionable other than maybe Wade and Redick in a cash-game sense.

cash game. yeah he makes sense as his floor is high. Agree with you there.

• TheWhiteMamba

How do you not play Lin at his DK price?

He’s in the game with the highest points projection. He’s his team’s primary ball handeler… And yet the guy has taken 42 shots in his first 3 games.

Oh yeah, and he’s racking up points and assists. Even despite his high ownership I won’t be fading him tonight.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@orangehat44 said...

NFL been rough this year, i had such a better win rate last year. (i also had more bankroll to play with last year but then since im in NY i withdrew it all during the lockout. and only put alittle back on when it came back) but in a week of NBA and alittle of preaseason recouped a fair amount of the beating i was taking in nfl.

but on tonight what do we like tonight with a all high o/u games but decent spreads. we got the battle of the lopezes (lopi?) come to look at it i like 4-5 centers tonight lol.

Got to pick the right spread that is not going to be a blowout. It will happen. Just a matter of which game stays close.

• ashank

I only have $1 left because of a massive cold streak, this is my last chance to win before depositing more money or quitting.

• Divine_Prodigy

Anyone fear Lin could possibly see Jimmy Butler there’s really no one else to fear on that team ?

• btweezy2

@ashank said...

I only have $1 left because of a massive cold streak, this is my last chance to win before depositing more money or quitting.

quit when you have the chance haha

• jv21

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Been looking at some numbers, CHI/BKN might be a good game. The Brooklyn Nets will be the first opponent that the Bulls faced that is not on the end of a back to back. Interestingly the opponents played the Nets the day before playing the Bulls .Still early in the season for it to matter much but it does mean the Bulls had it a little easy the first two games.

• dominicanpapi

So can anyone explain the Nurkic situation? Dude was killing it the other night and only played 23 minutes. No foul trouble, it was an OT game yet it seemed like he didn’t play most of the 2nd half.

• kylar18

Portland went small and it forced him off the court

• tsouliot

@dominicanpapi said...

So can anyone explain the Nurkic situation? Dude was killing it the other night and only played 23 minutes. No foul trouble, it was an OT game yet it seemed like he didn’t play most of the 2nd half.

Dont even get ne started i missed out on 2 gpps becaue nurkic anthony towns and tim frazier didnt sniff second half minutes

• tsouliot

Does any one know the cash line for dkast night i finished with 310

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).