Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( -6 ) at Brooklyn ( 6 ) —- T: 211.5
    7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) —- T: 201.5
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( 7 ) at Toronto ( -7 ) —- T: 204
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 10.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -10.5 ) —- T: 206

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Petergunz82

@tmarohl said...

Isn’t DFS great? We all have different viewpoints. For instance:
    I think Booker will struggle with Taj.
    I think Lin is a decent play but the Bulls can stop him if they want to with MCW.
    I don’t like Faried at all with Darell Arthur eating into his minutes.

Faried only 4700 on DK so could perform if expectations are tempered

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

there’s basically nothing on the NBA incentives this year… what’s going on with that?

• rockpie

@tmarohl said...

Isn’t DFS great? We all have different viewpoints. For instance:
    I think Booker will struggle with Taj.
    I think Lin is a decent play but the Bulls can stop him if they want to with MCW.
    I don’t like Faried at all with Darell Arthur eating into his minutes.

Agree Booker doesn’t have an ideal matchup, but then he didn’t against the Pacers either and still hit value. Like him to do so again. Can’t argue with his performances so far and see no reason to abandon ship yet.

Think Lin will see enough time against Rondo to make him a good play, and when MCW is in maybe he gets a few more assists rather than baskets. Either way, again see him as someone who can hit value with the minutes he’ll see.

Arthur is a slight concern for sure, but I see him cutting more into Nurkic / Jokic. Especially if one or both of them get into early foul trouble, which they can be prone to. Faried should see enough to reach value, and if he can get to scoring some more as well, even better.

As you say though, that’s the great thing about DFS. We all see things differently.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@clrockny24 said...

would that mean howard is a good play then? I’m looking at C and I like Jokic too

I have both in many lineups on DK. I’m the first to say I like it but also either could not produce for reasons already stated in this thread. Probably need to but a Nurkic/Boogie lineup together.

• frugal

@hobbes2d said...

And Darrell Arthur is back tonight. Enjoy getting Malone’d!

Yeah. I had both of them sprinkled in but with the matchup and someone loosing some minutes to Arthur I’ve scaled back. Of course, that means they’ll both go off.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@hobbes2d said...

Seriously I don’t care how long it takes for a star studded team to “gel” but there’s no excuse for getting played so closely against crap teams like Phoenix and NO who don’t play a lick of defense. Zero rim protection, bench has been poor. They should try to pick up Tavares who Atlanta just waived and try to develop him in the D-League and have him as a bench option later in the year.

Did you ever think maybe those teams aren’t as bad as you think? There is talent on both of those teams. To say they suck is not accurate at all.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

I actually think there best lineup would be to play Durant at Center.

That would be an interesting approach. Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Green, and Durant would be the fastest and best shooting starting 5 in the NBA. Zaza against 2nd units would be a strong move too.

• mellofellowsu

@cstuewe13 said...

Butler or Derozan tonight? feels like a coinflip

Only reason I like Butler better is because he’s not as scoring dependent.

• draggin49

If nurkic is at center wouldn’t he likely be out there most of the time to match up with jval?
    Who is backup center? Arthur?
    Then is jokic normally PF with fairied behind him? Hmmm I may just pay up to Dwight to just not risk a coach dicking me over lol.

• BPhillips44

Carroll or Booker on DK?

• rebkell

@hobbes2d said...

Seriously I don’t care how long it takes for a star studded team to “gel” but there’s no excuse for getting played so closely against crap teams like Phoenix and NO who don’t play a lick of defense. Zero rim protection, bench has been poor. They should try to pick up Tavares who Atlanta just waived and try to develop him in the D-League and have him as a bench option later in the year.

They missed so many wide open shots it was unbelievable.

• Jflack3

I agree about being off derozan…if he’s not scoring he’s not hitting value.

• Proper

Muscala in play on DK with Scott out?

• digglahhh

@slpanthers24 said...

Did you ever think maybe those teams aren’t as bad as you think? There is talent on both of those teams. To say they suck is not accurate at all.

By most models, they project to be two of the three worst teams in the West.

Those teams are bad, relatively speaking. GS clearly hasn’t gotten it all together yet – and they may need to add other pieces, they’ll find this stuff out in the early season. As presently constructed, I think GS has a higher ceiling and lower floor than last season, so it may be harder to predict when they will just blow the doors off teams. There’s a better chance of bad teams staying with them because there will just be more variance this year.

• digglahhh

@slpanthers24 said...

Sorry, double post.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@draggin49 said...

If nurkic is at center wouldn’t he likely be out there most of the time to match up with jval?
    Who is backup center? Arthur?
    Then is jokic normally PF with fairied behind him? Hmmm I may just pay up to Dwight to just not risk a coach dicking me over lol.

Jokic played center last year and from my knowledge all his pro career. I don’t think many thought Malone was going to start both. But yeah Malone can really mix it up with those 3. I’m sure Jokic has played against Val many times over their basketball lives.

• hobbes2d

@frugal said...

Yeah. I had both of them sprinkled in but with the matchup and someone loosing some minutes to Arthur I’ve scaled back. Of course, that means they’ll both go off.

True lol. To be fair, neither one needs 30 + minutes to get 40 or 50 DFS pts. Both are fully capable of getting tons of points in limited minutes. It just sucks that it’s hard to get consistent minutes for each.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@digglahhh said...

Those teams are bad, relatively speaking. GS clearly hasn’t gotten it all together yet – and they may need to add other pieces, they’ll find this stuff out in the early season. As presently constructed, I think GS has a higher ceiling and lower floor than last season, so it may be harder to predict when they will just blow the doors off teams. There’s a better chance of bad teams staying with them because there will just be more variance this year.

Good post and I agree. I don’t think they are great teams by know means and the west is always better record wise for sure. I just think there isn’t very many easy games in the west and Phoenix can hang with most teams most nights.

• baggerly

@jon2anderson said...

there’s basically nothing on the NBA incentives this year… what’s going on with that?

To be fair the Jump Shot is really good. Inspyr’s NBA IQ will be really good once there are actually some injuries to consider. I’m not sure I like the Stars/Scrubs CVR but that’s okay and it’s always nice to see Chris Gimino’s projected ownership. The few nights I’ve played the ownerships have been pretty close.

• bonkurz

My DK lineup for cash games tonight…seems like a lot of mid-priced guys this slate.

Lawson
    DeRozan
    Carroll
    Faried
    Valanciunas
    Bledsoe
    Gay
    Butler

Not a huge fan of Faried tonight or having 3 Raptors, but I’m not finding better options with what else I have.

• Jflack3

Brandon Knight with Booker hobbled by ankle?

• NBADFS2016

OK DK cash pick one.

Butler/Carroll
    Barton/Gay

Thanks!

• Dewoc19

Thoughts on Sefolosha?

• mellofellowsu

@hobbes2d said...

This is essentially a new team with the addition of KD. This always happens with “superteams.” They have early season growing pains as the new player learns to adjust to the team. It won’t last forever. They will be crushing teams on a nightly basis come February or so.

• hobbes2d

@digglahhh said...

Yeah I think this is very true.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).