NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 5.5 ) at Indiana ( -5.5 ) —- T: 210
    7:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 4 ) at Brooklyn ( -4 ) —- T: 229.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -1.5 ) at Milwaukee ( 1.5 ) —- T: 213
    10:30 PM EST : Detroit ( -4 ) at LA Lakers ( 4 ) —- T: 209

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Mcdonacr

@raymond333 said...

To piggy back off of that….alot are saying to fade ABC. And I thought I read Adams was a good play, but wouldnt ABC slow him down, or will Adams still eat?

Henson and Maker could combine their weight and still get manhandled by Adams

Adams is gonna smash tonight

• tmarohl

@mbyrd75 said...

so anybody have an idea how OKC will match up with the bucks? Initial thought is this but i’m not sure it’s right. I’m sure they’ll switch it some cause no reason to put Roberson on Snell. Thinking they’ll try to save him a bit but I guess they could switch Melo and his poor D onto him.
    Brogdon- RWB
    Snell- PG13 or Melo
    Middleton- Roberson or PG13
    ABC- Roberson or PG13
    Maker-Adams
    If for some reason we get melo on middleton that’d be fantastic. Gotta think they throw Roberson at ABC

The Bucks don’t have anyone who can guard Adams in the starting lineup in a traditional post sense. Adams should eat.

• Njsum1

@raymond333 said...

To piggy back off of that….alot are saying to fade ABC. And I thought I read Adams was a good play, but wouldnt ABC slow him down, or will Adams still eat?

Why would ABC ever guard a center?

• tyetwo42

Because he’s 6’11 with arms a gillion miles long

• yanksfan1

Jarrett Allen out, that opens up around 15 minutes for Brooklyn frontcourt. Who are the beneficiaries? I’d say T.Booker and RHJ

• raymond333

@monarch said...

Adams is going to devour Maker and Henson. He might outscore Drummond

This is what I’m contemplating…any other opinions regarding this?

• jglumsic

@yanksfan1 said...

Jarrett Allen out, that opens up around 15 minutes for Brooklyn frontcourt. Who are the beneficiaries? I’d say T.Booker and RHJ

Still waiting on that Carroll news. Cause that will really open up stuff.

• raymond333

@tyetwo42 said...

Because he’s 6’11 with arms a gillion miles long

Yea this…I mean I know normally, but that dude is like Bol used to be. Big ass arms, etc. I’m either going Drummond or Adams…so if people dont see ABC being an issue for Adams, and Adams should eat because of the Maker and henson deal, maybe he’s the better play over Drummond, who may even be chaulkier….any thoughts?

• tmarohl

@Njsum1 said...

Why would ABC ever guard a center?

Kidd did say that Giannis would be helping at center over the next two weeks with Monroe out. The problem is that Giannis likes to get offensive fouls called on him. He can’t afford to pick up fouls in the post trying to guard Adams. They would probably rather let Adams eat them up inside for two pointers rather than letting George and Carmello kill them from the outside with threes.

• raymond333

@Mcdonacr said...

Henson and Maker could combine their weight and still get manhandled by Adams

Adams is gonna smash tonight

Cool, thanks. Ironically I’ve been winning the last week or so. Nothing crazy, but getting ready to set it off. I did last year before the playoffs (when they were sitting guys, etc), and still banked a few hundred off $2 and $3 entries.

Out of the last 5 nites, I hit 4…what seems to be working the best for now, until some more time goes by, is stacking 2-3 of the top scorers, and then stacking some mid-tier and sleepers around them (like J Jack, etc). I know most probably do this anyway, but last year, I was doing both (stacking big guys, as well as just having a balanced line, with maybe one big guy, and the rest mostly mid-tier good players, and one or two sleepers that are expected to go off). But for now, I think for me, stacking a couple of high scorers and building around them seems to be working the best.

• futoo

theres talk of lopez limiting drummonds rebounds but that hasnt hurt other centers against l.a. no?

• raymond333

@tmarohl said...

Kidd did say that Giannis would be helping at center over the next two weeks with Monroe out. The problem is that Giannis likes to get offensive fouls called on him. He can’t afford to pick up fouls in the post trying to guard Adams. They would probably rather let Adams eat them up inside for two pointers rather than letting George and Carmello kill them from the outside with threes.

hmm, good points, thank you.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

I didn’t read that…just thought it would be silly due to possible foul trouble and he’s giving up a lot of weight to Adams. Just sounded funny to me, yet if the coach said it…maybe they’ll try it.

• tmarohl

Tonight feels like a Westbrook night.

• americanpaleale

Monroe is out 2 weeks

• cjrswish

Westbrook was meh vs. Milwaukee last year. With PG and Melo now there, im considering an all out fade. I love Melo and Adams in this spot too much.

• ripking

Doesn’t brook lopez own Drummond? Seems like drummond’s box scores last year were very bad against him. Of course he didn’t have that surgery and shed some pounds so who knows.

• Mcdonacr

brook lopez is sneaky as well. He will sit at the 3 point line bombing 3’s id imagine

• noddy

It’s hard not to really like whatever lineup you make for tonight’s slate

• bwc28

Is henson still in play with maker starting?

• futoo

@Mcdonacr said...

brook lopez is sneaky as well. He will sit at the 3 point line bombing 3’s id imagine

problem is will he get minutes

• Ibleedblue1

I think Westbrook goes for 65+ on FD tonight. He has had 2 days off and only played 28 mins the game prior. He is going to be pumped up and go for like 30-10-15 with only 3 turnovers. Game script scares me here though. Its pretty tough to play them both together but if Westbrook goes off then someone for the Bucks has to have a huge night, if not ABC then who else tonight could score 35+ with their match up? Almost makes more sense to go Melo/ABC or PG/ABC. Choices upon choices.

• JimmyDick85

Anyone else think that OKC-MIL total looks low? Can’t completely fade the BKN-PHX game, but feel like the best bet on a short slate is to stack one of the other three and hope it goes over…

• JRite2003

What do you all think about playing Darren Collison and Victor Oladipo in the same lineup tonight?

• Jlr21

@JRite2003 said...

What do you all think about playing Darren Collison and Victor Oladipo in the same lineup tonight?

I’ve got them both. Collison goes off on Sac.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).