• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 2.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -2.5 ) —- T: 214
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( -5.5 ) at New York ( 5.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( -7.5 ) at Chicago ( 7.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -2.5 ) at Minnesota ( 2.5 ) —- T: 223.5
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 6.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 235
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• chronoxiong

@scott33 said...

Nice bro, if Barnes & Matthews would’ve had better 2nd halves you would’ve had a top 10 finish. I know Wes had 22 at half, Barnes 20. So they had 10 FD pts between them in the 2nd half. I had them too as u know, oh well. Regardless congrats man I’m happy for ya

Thanks bro. So both Matthews and Barnes only recorded 10 fdp combined in the 2nd half? Damn it. Who produced for them then? Smith Jr and Doncic? I could have had a much better score then. Wow. But yeah, much needed performance. Spent $10.25 and won back $41.90 overall.

• scott33

@chronoxiong said...

Thanks bro. So both Matthews and Barnes only recorded 10 fdp combined in the 2nd half? Damn it. Who produced for them then? Smith Jr and Doncic? I could have had a much better score then. Wow. But yeah, much needed performance. Spent $10.25 and won back $41.90 overall.

Doncic, Barca, Powell. Barnes just didn’t get any run, Wes just went cold.

• Lionfan22

@chronoxiong said...

Tonight is the best GPP performance I had in quite some time. Scored 358.40 in the Dribbler and Swat with this beauty: https://www.fanduel.com/games/29597/contests/29597-221750695/entries/1577383745/scoring

Won the few amount of cash games I was in too as it crushed everyone by a wide margin too. Just wished I was in more games today but I couldn’t because I was stuck at work during the afternoon and had to play it safe. Playing it safe is much better than throwing a bunch of money into games and not be around during lock time. I knew to fade that turd Josh Jackson Jr. He’s been so bad this season that if I see other better plays at PF, I would play them instead. Who were the other chalk that the pros mentioned and got everyone killed for it? I want to know. Anyways, these two GPP performances gonna boost up my RG profile for sure now.

Congratulations man!

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Thanks D Rose… aka “General Soreness” from my avatar. you was da man tonight….

Thank God Wes went Cold. Good. Lol. And thank you LeBron for making that FT to avoid OT.. already W/D 80% of my winnings. Needed a w/d

Congrats All who hit. Know I needed mine. Feels good.

• scott33

@866 said...

Congrats All who hit. Know I needed mine. Feels good.

Nice man happy for ya. How much did that pay out?

• cp3nohlac

del

• gaelicgirl

On my way to work this afternoon I realized that I totally forgot to do anything with the dummy LU I entered in 2 late slate contests…oops!

So of course the LUs I thought about all day didn’t even cash, but my Steph/Klay/KD/Draymond/Mirotic dummy LU with Rondo, Ian Clark, Maxi Kleber and Pau Gasol randomly inserted to make them fit cashed for $16. So weird LOL

• upgradetoquestionable

@gaelicgirl said...

On my way to work this afternoon I realized that I totally forgot to do anything with the dummy LU I entered in 2 late slate contests…oops!

So of course the LUs I thought about all day didn’t even cash, but my Steph/Klay/KD/Draymond/Mirotic dummy LU with Rondo, Ian Clark, Maxi Kleber and Pau Gasol randomly inserted to make them fit cashed for $16. So weird LOL

I tinkered so much yesterday I know if I would’ve just left my lineups from 10:00AM yesterday alone I would’ve been golden. Isn’t that always the way?

• RandysCrow

Well last night ended with a $55 profit…a nice surprise considering how the night started out. Yes I was one of the masses that had Tyus pint late scratch. My Monte Morris and Ingles plays didn’t go as well as I had hoped either. And I didn’t have any shares of D Rose, Sabonis, Thad, or any of the other surprise 50 point makers from the night.

I play on FD and usually create three lineups. My best score last night was with my main lineup which was 302 (not a great score considering though).

But even on a night where my punts busted, and the only guy I had that really went off was KAT, I still made a profit.

The point of the above is not to brag, but rather than to point out how very very important choosing the right contests to be in are.

I made most of my money last night in the Beat the Score challenges, the double ups and the Quad ups. I purposely played enough in those contests to offset my single and 3 max entry gpps. I did minimum cash with the main entry in the gpps but my other two lineups did not.

I am by no means a pro when it comes to DFS. This is my second year. My first year I donated… a lot. This year I am up. Not a huge amount but I have recovered what I lost last year.

My second take away that I have learned that is also very important I believe, is to know what type of player (line up builder) you are. I am probably never going to win a big gpp with the way I construct lineups (unless my plays just hit the nuts). I believe the way I construct lineups is much better suited for cash game contests. By knowing this, I now know that I need to enter cash contests that atleast offset what I enter into gpps so that a break even or slight profit for the night is possible.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to win a gpp, but my lineup build tendacies probably dictate otherwise. So I am happy with smaller wins and gradual increases in the bank roll. Until I can enter those more expensive buy ins (where the cash line is usually lower because there is less mass entry but the line up buyers), I’m a cash game steady as she goes kinda line up guy.

Good luck to all. May the odds be forever in your favor. On to tonight!!!!

• jayzee666

@RandysCrow said...

Well last night ended with a $55 profit…a nice surprise considering how the night started out. Yes I was one of the masses that had Tyus pint late scratch. My Monte Morris and Ingles plays didn’t go as well as I had hoped either. And I didn’t have any shares of D Rose, Sabonis, Thad, or any of the other surprise 50 point makers from the night.

I play on FD and usually create three lineups. My best score last night was with my main lineup which was 302 (not a great score considering though).

But even on a night where my punts busted, and the only guy I had that really went off was KAT, I still made a profit.

The point of the above is not to brag, but rather than to point out how very very important choosing the right contests to be in are.

I made most of my money last night in the Beat the Score challenges, the double ups and the Quad ups. I purposely played enough in those contests to offset my single and 3 max entry gpps. I did minimum cash with the main entry in the gpps but my other two lineups did not.

I am by no means a pro when it comes to DFS. This is my second year. My first year I donated… a lot. This year I am up. Not a huge amount but I have recovered what I lost last year.

My second take away that I have learned that is also very important I believe, is to know what type of player (line up builder) you are. I am probably never going to win a big gpp with the way I construct lineups (unless my plays just hit the nuts). I believe the way I construct lineups is much better suited for cash game contests. By knowing this, I now know that I need to enter cash contests that atleast offset what I enter into gpps so that a break even or slight profit for the night is possible.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to win a gpp, but my lineup build tendacies probably dictate otherwise. So I am happy with smaller wins and gradual increases in the bank roll. Until I can enter those more expensive buy ins (where the cash line is usually lower because there is less mass entry but the line up buyers), I’m a cash game steady as she goes kinda line up guy.

So u saying a score of 221 on FD had a chance??

• upgradetoquestionable

@RandysCrow said...

Can’t believe you didn’t end up on any DRose! The guy with the Wolves logo. I had him in one LU even before the Butler/Teague news his usage has been so high. I wish I had put him in a few more, but 80% Tyus done killed me! You make excellent points though, knowing what to play is better often time then knowing who to play. I wish I’d take that advice. Just can’t be a cash game guy. I tried a bit last year and found that I was doing it way wrong and gave up.

• 2021Labs

I put together the best lineup I’ve ever put together last night. Dodged Tyus and Jabari, and played DRose. Scored 349…too bad it was in the quarter arcade and my main lineup blew up on the launch pad. 80/9500 not too shabby though! Only 3 bucks but I’m happy with the score nonetheless.

• RandysCrow

@jayzee666 said...

So u saying a score of 221 on FD had a chance??

I had a lineup that was there…I haven’t looked at all the contest cash lines…but I’m going to say….probably not lol

• ElSlappo

I was heavily into Tyus but even if he had played it wouldn’t have mattered because I was also heavily into Gay, Jabari, and other underperformers.

• RandysCrow

@upgradetoquestionable said...

Can’t believe you didn’t end up on any DRose! The guy with the Wolves logo. I had him in one LU even before the Butler/Teague news his usage has been so high. I wish I had put him in a few more, but 80% Tyus done killed me! You make excellent points though, knowing what to play is better often time then knowing who to play. I wish I’d take that advice. Just can’t be a cash game guy. I tried a bit last year and found that I was doing it way wrong and gave up.

Yeah I know…if I woulda built another line up I would have. Though I was not expecting that game I thought he would probably reach 30ish. I talked about him earlier in the day. In the end, I just thought Tyus would get me 25ish or match Rose for cheaper. Did not turn out so well. The fantasy gods felt otherwise.

• RandysCrow

@upgradetoquestionable said...

Just can’t be a cash game guy. I tried a bit last year and found that I was doing it way wrong and gave up.

Trust me, I’d like to be the gpp guy, I just apparently don’t build lineups that way. Not intentionally though!

• mtdurham

Bad night, faded rose that was all that mattered.

Rose is yet another great example of why im saying you gotta ignore these tyus jones, jordan Clarkson types and just be weary in general of guys who are priced up with no ceiling. We need guys capable of really smashing their price, particularly if chalky.

People got the full josh jackson experience… that guy is the worst.

• mbunner23

Bad night for me. Had Jones everywhere and also Jabari. I did have 100 percent Rose, Holiday and McGee made me look a little smart, other than that it was a forgettable night. On to today…

• eleanorRigby

I totally missed the mark yesterday. At least my shitty lineup is out of sight, unlike golf which I have to look at for 4 grueling days.

• dominicanpapi

I only did 4 lineups, but had Jones in each so my night was done regardless. I was an idiot for not having at least one lineup with Rose but I was so scared of the chalk and the matchup (even though point guards vs. Utah had done well this year). Ugh, but it’s another day.

• scott33

@RandysCrow said...

You & I are cut from the same cloth Randy, I echo every single word u said here. I remember the days when your goal was just to hit triple digits in your bankroll haha. I’m glad u found a process that works for u. Cashing consistently, even if not a huge amount on a weekly basis, keeps me confident in my process. Gotta have confidence in life, including DFS bc if you don’t, you’ve already lost. Also like u said, gotta know your strengths. If I win a big GPP one of these days, great. If not, I’ll keep churning a small profit in cash games.

• upgradetoquestionable

@RandysCrow said...

Trust me, I’d like to be the gpp guy, I just apparently don’t build lineups that way. Not intentionally though!

Funny thing was when I tried to play cash and gpp last year, the cash game LU wouldn’t hit the line, but the GPP LU didn’t cash in the GPP either, but it would’ve in cash, so I just got ticked off.

• DirkDigglerz

Nailed everything I posted early in the day, Drummond 20 20 D Rose 50 burger ( 65 burger ) Dinwiddie always get revenge on Pistons 35 burger

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).