NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -6 ) at Atlanta ( 6 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superstars92

@theIrrigator said...

Started reading again at page 7 then realized it was just pages of superstars wearing his GM hat so skipped ahead lol

I did post things relevant to tonight!

I think I’ll do the forum contest one of these days. It requires me clicking into league and finding the link, so I get lazy and don’t do it lol.

• captainwacky

@Micah831 said...

I am a Sac Kings fan living in San Jose which is WARRIORS territory. The amount of fans around here is staggering but 99% are bandwagon. You can tell because when i ask if they remember Chris Mullins is, i get blank stares.

My brother and closest friend group predominantly live in the Bay. I live in Central California. Same story, but they still couldn’t even name the We Believe era dudes (and back then I was a diehard bandwagon fan because they were lovable and fun). I definitely rooted along for the first championship, and have actually secretly rooted for them to win every year since, but not out of fandom— I just thought they were such a ridiculous team, it would be an injustice to see them implode. Lo and Behold, they did it twice and now are facing a daunting rebuild.

But back to the point… lots of garbage bandwagon fans mean you’re gonna get hate. I’m a bona fide Laker hater because they have the dumbest/loudest fanbase of any sports team attached to the most overrated all time great the NBA has ever seen. I’m ready to start polite fights about it at any time ;)

• JSteele

Someone asked about Spurs.

I rank them

DDR (Compton born and raised, always balls out in LA)
    Aldridge (Usually if DDR has a good game, Aldridge suffers)
    Murray (I don’t think he sees a minutes increase, this was part of the plan to rest him on early B2B’s in addition to his minutes cap)

• rpolzin25

@RipCityRings said...

How does everyone rank the Spurs top options tonight?

I find myself really liking lma and ddr

• superstars92

@JSteele said...

DDR (Compton born and raised, always balls out in LA)
    Aldridge (Usually if DDR has a good game, Aldridge suffers)
    Murray (I don’t think he sees a minutes increase, this was part of the plan to rest him on early B2B’s in addition to his minutes cap)

I concur.

But I would think a random other Spur can have a decent game. Hard to predict which one though.

• BerkeleyBoss

@captainwacky said...

I’m pretty Warriors neutral, but a lot of their fans absolutely deserve every ounce of schadenfreude and barbs (so long as they’re good natured enough). If you didn’t love the Warriors before 2013 (which the vast majority of vocal Warriors fans didn’t), then you deserve to hear it thrown back in your face. Being that good is bound to attract a massive bandwagon, which is obviously abrasive to 29 other fanbases.

The same is true of any very successful team. The only fans that will take the barbs to heart are the true fans. =( lol

• JSteele

@superstars92 said...

I concur.

But I would think a random other Spur can have a decent game. Hard to predict which one though.

We were talking about the idea that Rudy Gay could see a minutes increase in order to matchup with Kawhi a little bit.

• superstars92

@gaelicgirl said...

Trolls gonna troll

The schadenfreude on here lately is hilarious,
    guess I underestimated the sheer outrage the Warriors provoked over the last few years

I don’t really like the Warriors per say, but I love Steph, so by default I root on the Warriors when it’s a neutral game. It sucks he got injured.

I don’t really like Draymond, so with Steph and Klay out, I’m probably not really interested in keeping up with the Warriors and their quest for LaMelo Ball.

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

But back to the point… lots of garbage bandwagon fans mean you’re gonna get hate. I’m a bona fide Laker hater because they have the dumbest/loudest fanbase of any sports team attached to the most overrated all time great the NBA has ever seen.

I’m around Dallas and made the mistake one time of getting Mavs tix when the Lakers were in town. Never again, so obnoxious. So many douche bags yelling flexing their muscles getting in peoples faces. Lakers lost and they were STILL obnoxious after the game on the way out.

• superstars92

@JSteele said...

We were talking about the idea that Rudy Gay could see a minutes increase in order to matchup with Kawhi a little bit.

Yea I can see that. Murray also is sneaky long so he could also match up at certain times too (and since Shamet/Bev are so small, they can just have Forbes guard one and DDR rest on the other in the corner).

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@NarrowJ said...

@Vdaddy and Pandamonious

Can you guys elaborate on your thoughts on Millsap just a tad? I was going to try to have some exposure, but it sounds like you guys are a hard no on him.

Ya know, I may be off here.

My thought was Millsap had lost a step and couldn’t guard as well around the perimeter. I may be dead wrong here. I see his DRPM was still pretty elite last year for whatever that’s worth. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny this concept and whether Millsap can handle Ingram and the game environment or not.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

I want Joker and Kawhi, and want to fade a lot of pelicans and heat.

I like Wallace, I could see a path to 20 mins. Always had upside when given the opportunity with the clippers. This has nothing to do with this post but your post several pages back and dont want to go find it lol

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

I’m around Dallas and made the mistake one time of getting Mavs tix when the Lakers were in town. Never again, so obnoxious. So many douche bags yelling flexing their muscles getting in peoples faces. Lakers lost and they were STILL obnoxious after the game on the way out.

Sounds like Joel Embiid last night.

• superstars92

How do the Hawks not have a true backup PG?

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

Poor team building.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@captainwacky said...

My brother and closest friend group predominantly live in the Bay. I live in Central California. Same story, but they still couldn’t even name the We Believe era dudes (and back then I was a diehard bandwagon fan because they were lovable and fun). I definitely rooted along for the first championship, and have actually secretly rooted for them to win every year since, but not out of fandom— I just thought they were such a ridiculous team, it would be an injustice to see them implode. Lo and Behold, they did it twice and now are facing a daunting rebuild.

But back to the point… lots of garbage bandwagon fans mean you’re gonna get hate. I’m a bona fide Laker hater because they have the dumbest/loudest fanbase of any sports team attached to the most overrated all time great the NBA has ever seen. I’m ready to start polite fights about it at any time ;)

I am a Laker fan and went to UCLA just after Lakers won three in a row. About half my fraternity was nor-cal and they all HATED the Lakers. Warriors got good, Lakers got bad, but I never HATED the Warriors. I think it’s just a thing to hate on Los Angeles teams, especially for people who live in Southern Oregon….errrr Nor-Cal.

Is it nice to see the Warriors this awful now? Sure. Is D Green a good player without Hall of Famers sharing the court with him? Of course not. But I don’t waste my time obnoxiously hating on them. Secretly rooting for and loving their demise – yes.

Side note: WRX gave me a link to watch the Laker game the other night and the commentary on the chat box was pure GOLD. Definitely more interesting than the game and highly recommended. Lots of loud and dumb Laker fans and Laker haters. You’d be amazed at the names these folks were coming up with by using “LeXXXX”

• SteeloCity

Made a lineup I actually like with Kawhi, Jokic, Denver Murray, and LMA. Certainly this will not end well lol

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

This is true, and why there’s so many lottery busts. Every pick is based on what could be instead of what is and just as often as not what could be never comes to be.

And this is why trading a known quantity NBA player for draft picks would be foolish

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

I did post things relevant to tonight!

I think I’ll do the forum contest one of these days. It requires me clicking into league and finding the link, so I get lazy and don’t do it lol.

I’m sure you did. Honestly i didnt really feel like reading it either way but saw an opportunity to fire some shots

👍👍 Gonna try to keep the forum contest going the whole season

• slapmyjimmies

Well slap my jimmies, Kevin Huerter is up to 25 minutes tonight.

• Supersharpie

@Pandamonious said...

Sounds like Joel Embiid last night.

Ummm….no. More like KAT:

1. Threw the first punch

2. Was pwn’d like the bitch he is by Simmons

3. Lost by over 20+ to a clearly superior team

4. After all that spent the wee hours of the morning starting shit with Embiid on social media

• S7ubs

@superstars92 said...

They do and he’s also hurt

• BerkeleyBoss

@Sleazygreazy said...

I am a Laker fan and went to UCLA just after Lakers won three in a row. About half my fraternity was nor-cal and they all HATED the Lakers. Warriors got good, Lakers got bad, but I never HATED the Warriors. I think it’s just a thing to hate on Los Angeles teams, especially for people who live in Southern Oregon….errrr Nor-Cal.

Is it nice to see the Warriors this awful now? Sure. Is D Green a good player without Hall of Famers sharing the court with him? Of course not. But I don’t waste my time obnoxiously hating on them. Secretly rooting for and loving their demise – yes.

Side note: WRX gave me a link to watch the Laker game the other night and the commentary on the chat box was pure GOLD. Definitely more interesting than the game and highly recommended. Lots of loud and dumb Laker fans and Laker haters. You’d be amazed at the names these folks were coming up with by using “LeXXXX”

Makes a post about not hating on the Warriors and hates on them multiple times in said post.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Ya know, I may be off here.

My thought was Millsap had lost a step and couldn’t guard as well around the perimeter. I may be dead wrong here. I see his DRPM was still pretty elite last year for whatever that’s worth. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny this concept and whether Millsap can handle Ingram and the game environment or not.

Well, Noto mentions in the grind down today that Ingram is going to have to deal with Milsaps defense. If that is any help.

• klacy56

Is Jaxson Hayes in play? Did well vs GS

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).