NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( -6 ) at Atlanta ( 6 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• SteeloCity

Looking at this slate, I think Jokic is going to crush whoever is starting at Center for the Pelicans. I think I’m gonna lock him in. Then I think playing a lot of Heat players (Herro, Dragic, Bam, etc) is the right move cause I see the Hawks getting blown out.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

ATL and MIA is basically a rehash of Tuesday. Going back through stats is relatively pointless. Basically, the biggest takeaways from that game were MIA dominated the boards, Trae got hurt and once he did ATL struggled to remain competitive, going on a bit of run every time the game came close to a blowout. I would say maybe this game has a good chance of being close with it being in ATL this time, but no one goes to Hawks games so there really isn’t a home court advantage here.

On DK all the Hawks got priced up. Including Collins, who IMO will have inflated ownership after last game and we can use that to our advantage, as he’s highly unlikely to repeat that performance. There’s plenty of viable options with upside elsewhere. Basically what I see with ATL is a bunch of priced up average to below average players in a relatively tough spot. The argument will be the usage that opens up with Trae out, but most of their prices already reflect that. There are a couple of guys on ATL I do like…

-Huerter, whose price has gone down and maybe finally gets a bump up from 20 minutes with Bembry now playing PG.

-Parker, who may take on a little more play making on the 2nd unit.

I expect people to play Wallace at 3K since he saw 14 minutes after Trae went down, but he’s a desperation play mostly, with little to no upside. If you have to have something and he makes it work, whatever, but I’d be shocked if he was a value you had to have once this slate is over.

• Bodiaz36

I noticed that. I don’t know that it’s his play necessarily, or just a function of Trae being out. They slightly elevated the prices on a lot of Hawks, knowing the usage has to go somewhere

• monarch

I really like Parker and Reddish. Both will get usage and can crush their 4.3 and 4.6 price tags.

• monarch

@Ndepompei said...

Isn’t Dejounte still only going to play 20-25 min?

25 minutes on Kawhi and then it’s probably Rudy Gay. I saw a stat yesterday that when Dejounte Murray is defending someone they score just 15 percent of the time. Also a .385 ppp which is elite

• JSteele

If there was ever going to be a game where Cam Reddish decided to hit a few shots and put up a 40 burger it would be tonight with no Trae after he is priced up.

• Brian7479

@monarch said...

Dejounte Murray is possibly the best on ball defender in the league. Should be some must see vs Kawhi tonight.

As a Spurs fan I don’t think you’ll see 6’4 170 lbs Murray defending Kawhi

• Njsum1

@JaeDaily said...

Kawhi Leonard Revenge Game.

Jahil Okafor is starting. Take a chance & roster him & pay up at another position? Or is this a bad idea?

Kawhi Leonard revenge didn’t go so well last year 🤷‍♂️. He’s still a strong play tho

• JSteele

@monarch said...

25 minutes on Kawhi and then it’s probably Rudy Gay. I saw a stat yesterday that when Dejounte Murray is defending someone they score just 15 percent of the time. Also a .385 ppp which is elite

Who did he guard in the Portland game? because both Lillard and McCollum had a solid game. Beal, Ish Smith and Isaiah Thomas played well in the game before that, and then they played the Knicks.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

I really like Parker and Reddish. Both will get usage and can crush their 4.3 and 4.6 price tags.

I don’t hate Reddish. He’s a tough call. Basically had 20 DK points in 20 minutes after Trae went down. If he plays 30 minutes and maintains that pace that’s a decent return.

• rpolzin25

Good call yesterday on rozier panda… Sadly I ruined a lineup with him, Beal, and Holmes with draymond and oubre

• Njsum1

Looks like Bembry will likely run the top unit…yet we all know how Bembry chalk day usually ends up.

Still gotta have some

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Congrats to mspozto for taking first in the Forum contest last night

Here is the link to tonight’s contest

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/79696482

• monarch

@Brian7479 said...

As a Spurs fan I don’t think you’ll see 6’4 170 lbs Murray defending Kawhi

Who will it be? Forbes and DDR are poor options. Maybe it starts with DDR and Kawhi eats but I’d like to think that Pop has prepared for this

• Brian7479

@JSteele said...

Who did he guard in the Portland game? because both Lillard and McCollum had a solid game. Beal, Ish Smith and Isaiah Thomas played well in the game before that, and then they played the Knicks.

I think Dejounte defended Lillard but if I’m not mistaken Lillard scored a large chunk of his points when Murray was not on the court, specifically towards the end of the game

• kbsktbll88

@Brian7479 said...

I think Dejounte defended Lillard but if I’m not mistaken Lillard scored a large majority of his points when Murray was not on the court, specifically towards the end of the game

Yeah, he had a big 4th. I remember cause I was 100% Lillard and was tilting through 3 quarters.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

Who will it be? Forbes and DDR are poor options. Maybe it starts with DDR and Kawhi eats but I’d like to think that Pop has prepared for this

Probably a ton of help defense. Start with DDR and if he tries to drive, Aldridge steps out?

• Njsum1

Side note…3 game slates are luckbox trash. We can talk about it til we’re blue in the face, yet unless you make 150 lineups, there are few real edges. I’m making like 4 lineups tops and moving on to tomorrow.

Seems like Bryn Forbes is a solid play for 4100. Sees good run, should see the Clippers weakest wing defender. And hasn’t gone less than 5.75x his current price.

That said, 10🍔 incoming.

• JSteele

@Brian7479 said...

I think Dejounte defended Lillard but if I’m not mistaken Lillard scored a large chunk of his points when Murray was not on the court, specifically towards the end of the game

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dejounte guarded Lou then. He’s their only other player who could hurt them offensively. We might see Murray come off the bench when Lou does.

• Brian7479

@monarch said...

Last year Kawhi saw a lot of Rudy Gay. I don’t think Popovich will start Gay just because of Kawhi but I wouldn’t be surprised if Gay plays more than the 22.3 minutes he’s averaging. Forbes will absolutely not be defending Kawhi unless the Clippers run picks to force that to happen. I doubt it but maybe we’ll see Carroll finally play a few minutes

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

Last season on 2-22, in TOR Kawhi scored 41 DK points in 35 minutes. He shot 8-23.

On 1-3 in SA he scored 32.3 DK points in 33 minutes, on 8-13 shooting.

SAS ran the same rotation each game.

Basically pointing out Kawhi didn’t crush either game and the Spurs basically have the same roster so figuring out who defends him and the impact isn’t of much use.

I suppose him struggling to shoot well the 2nd game may imply Pop took a different approach or just an off night.

• Brian7479

I would expect my Spurs to try to have Dejounte defending Sweet Lou as much as possible during his roughly 20 minutes or so. I think Kawhi just has too much size on Dejounte for us to have Dejounte defend him

• jessedio

@Njsum1 said...

Side note…3 game slates are luckbox trash. We can talk about it til we’re blue in the face, yet unless you make 150 lineups, there are few real edges. I’m making like 4 lineups tops and moving on to tomorrow.

Seems like Bryn Forbes is a solid play for 4100. Sees good run, should see the Clippers weakest wing defender. And hasn’t gone less than 5.75x his current price.

That said, 10🍔 incoming.

Same. 5 lottery lineups and moving on. Maybe we will get lucky. Def no cash games today.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Last season on 2-22, in TOR Kawhi scored 41 DK points in 35 minutes. He shot 8-23.

On 1-3 in SA he scored 32.3 DK points in 33 minutes, on 8-13 shooting.

SAS ran the same rotation each game.

Basically pointing out Kawhi didn’t crush either game and the Spurs basically have the same roster so figuring out who defends him and the impact isn’t of much use.

I suppose him struggling to shoot well the 2nd game may imply Pop took a different approach or just an off night.

True. Pop knows his tendencies better than anyone. When to send help…how to hedge etc

• JSteele

I kind of like Kendrick Nunn today. Herro got priced up to be more expensive, yet he took half the shots that Nunn did.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).