NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -9.5 ) at Miami ( 9.5 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• SteeloCity

Nunn priced up now is no good

• teamwillow

Does anyone know if the current projected ownerships page is for the game tonight or has it not been updated from last game? Just checking thanks

• Njsum1

Jimmy and Kelly O seem to be your best captains. And there is like 1 Lebron Captain lineup that seems like it could cash.

• Brendan239

Is BAM for sure out?

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

Is BAM for sure out?

Listed as doubtful, but I don’t think we will know for sure until about 30 minutes before game time.

• SteeloCity

so it has to be LeBron, Jimmy, AD again tonight for top 3 on FD right?

• Lamms30

Bam and Dragic ruled out..per Rachel Nichols…

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1312867894674554880?s=20

• rstylz

Anyone think Leonard might get a few more minutes tonight?

• Yeoman

@rstylz said...

Anyone think Leonard might get a few more minutes tonight?

I think they should run him and Olynyk together a bit and see how that works.

Maybe “run” is not exactly the right word but you know what I mean.

• Brendan239

Kelly O 40 burger time

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@SteeloCity said...

so it has to be LeBron, Jimmy, AD again tonight for top 3 on FD right?

I guess, but really you should be playing DK especially on these showdown slates. Many more ways to differentiate. I was a FD truther, but I’m about done with it (for gpp)

• SteeloCity

@Sleazygreazy said...

I guess, but really you should be playing DK especially on these showdown slates. Many more ways to differentiate. I was a FD truther, but I’m about done with it (for gpp)

I just think the interface is so much cleaner and more user friendly. Tourney selection is prob trash and you’re exactly right when compared to DK. Might have to switch over.

• Brendan239

WOW. Night is already done. AD is my 1.5x on FD

• choppadown

@Brendan239 said...

WOW. Night is already done. AD is my 1.5x on FD

Got him there too.

• tmarohl

How the hell does Lebron get an assist on that last layup by Rondo?

• tmarohl

Lebron is such a whiner.

• tmarohl

Jimmy is a bad man tonight.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Shoutout to all those “sweep” guys😙

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

Jimmy is a bad man tonight.

That was an awesome performance

• Yeoman

Looking at the final board in the DK $20 and I think there’s a lesson here. Use $49.9 in salary for a near-perfect but obvious lineup and finish in a 354-way tie for fourth…or take a chance, leave $2700 on the table and end up solo first for $150k.

• OttawaCityMadman

@Yeoman said...

Looking at the final board in the DK $20 and I think there’s a lesson here. Use $49.9 in salary for a near-perfect but obvious lineup and finish in a 354-way tie for fourth…or take a chance, leave $2700 on the table and end up solo first for $150k.

Single bullet Or do they have the safe lineup too?

• tmarohl

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Shoutout to all those “sweep” guys😙

For you Bill the Kid! https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/2020/10/04/nickel-tyler-herros-parents-have-always-had-faith/3592282001/

• Njsum1

@Yeoman said...

I hear what you’re saying, and I agree if you make 150 lineups you should take some chances. The guy who won that made likely made 150 lineups, as his winner was #56.

Imo…If you’re making limited lineups on these one game slates it would be hard to land on that lineup with less than 50 lineups.

I’m not big on these NBA showdowns ever, especially on a Sunday, and usually only play a few dollars in them for fun.

Tonight, I played 6 lineups in the QA , cashed 4, and 1 of them tied for 1st in the QA. Only returned like 30x. But still, it was an easy lineup to land on, for people who hand build a few lineups.

For a $1.50, I got like $9 back. And these lineups weren’t hard to come up with. My point is that for people just making a few lineups, they’ll be better off taking the easy money most nights, and better off in the long run.

• Yeoman

@OttawaCityMadman said...

Single bullet Or do they have the safe lineup too?

They mass entered, and I didn’t look to see if they were also in the train.

But I think that’s the lesson. Even if you’re playing a single bullet (as I almost always am) you have to take some risks. That safe lineup has to be a LOT better than the unique lineup to give you the same ROI over time.

• Yeoman

@Njsum1 said...

Imo…If you’re making limited lineups on these one game slates it would be hard to land on that lineup with less than 50 lineups.

I wonder. Looking at it I was a little surprised nobody at all landed on it in the $1. It wasn’t an unnatural lineup if, say, you approached the night thinking “what if AD crapped the bed and Miami won?” and you were willing to leave salary to differentiate.

The sports where I’ve had consistent success are the two where I’ve been willing to do that, especially in small slates. I decided a while back that I was going to insert some randomness into my lineups, get a piece of the advantage that the mass-enterers get naturally from their process.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).