NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -7.5 ) at Miami ( 7.5 ) —- T: 218

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• SteeloCity

LBJ, Butler, who knows the rest

• emnj69

which AD will show up ? I assume Lebron will smash after Jimmy B calling him out after last game

• Njsum1

I want as much NBA hoops as possible, so I hope the heat win tonight. It’s gonna suck not having basketball again until March. (Maybe later 😬)

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

I want as much NBA hoops as possible, so I hope the heat win tonight. It’s gonna suck not having basketball again until March. (Maybe later 😬)

Why March or later?

What did I miss?

They’ve been saying January as recently as a couple days ago.

• bazerko

Oof. FanDuel charging $15 for its big contest today. Hopefully we get Bam news mid day with it being a 9pm tip off.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Why March or later?

What did I miss?

They’ve been saying January as recently as a couple days ago.

That would be awesome. I heard Silver say a while ago that they didn’t want to start the new season until they can have fans back in their arenas.

I wouldn’t think the middle of winter to be a good time for that unless a vaccine was readily available by then.

But, it ain’t up to me 🤷‍♂️

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

That would be awesome. I heard Silver say a while ago that they didn’t want to start the new season until they can have fans back in their arenas.

I wouldn’t think the middle of winter to be a good time for that unless a vaccine was readily available by then.

But, it ain’t up to me 🤷‍♂️

Silver said they didn’t need there to be a vaccine to start, and they didn’t expect to be able to fill the stands, but was hoping for partially filled, social distanced arenas like the NFL is doing.

I think the bigger issue is figuring out the cap and the NBA and NBPA coming to agreements on everything.

Certainly possible they won’t start till later than January, but that’s the goal.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Silver said they didn’t need there to be a vaccine to start, and they didn’t expect to be able to fill the stands, but was hoping for partially filled, social distanced arenas like the NFL is doing.

I think the bigger issue is figuring out the cap and the NBA and NBPA coming to agreements on everything.

Certainly possible they won’t start till later than January, but that’s the goal.

I hope you’re right.

My only concern, is that in the nfl the stadiums are outside or in the case of domes significantly bigger than NBA arenas, which are indoors.

Still, seems like the leagues are finding a way to get back to playing ball, so I’ll go with January and hope it happens. 👍🏀🔥🍀🍀

• HeroFnStatus

Do you guys think Bam is going to play?

• SteeloCity

Really bummed about FD charging $15 for the big boy today. I’ve just been playing a few entries when it’s $9 but as a small player I think $15 is pushing it.

• SteeloCity

@HeroFnStatus said...

I’m gonna say he doesn’t play. Hope I am wrong, like others said, I want more basketball and Bam on the floor gives them a better chance.

• Felixxberg

Can anyone explain to me why Olynyk’s price hasn’t moved? He’s just a free square at this point until Bam returns.

• Potsmoke

@SteeloCity said...

Really bummed about FD charging $15 for the big boy today. I’ve just been playing a few entries when it’s $9 but as a small player I think $15 is pushing it.

Decent sized $4 tourney over at Draft Kings, I used to play only FD for years but have switched over to DK in the last few months. Love their $4 – 20 entry max tournaments for football, 1st only gets like 5% of the prize pool which is still 100K. They also have these $4 20 max tournaments for the other sports like NBA too. Low priced entry fee’s and a low cap on entries while being big enough to still pay out substantial money.. LOVE IT.

Anyone think Anthony Davis comes out swinging tonight? Lebron going to light a fire under is A$$.

• livetorace17

@HeroFnStatus said...

I think so, yes. He’s already been upgraded from Doubtful to Questionable. I think Jimmy Buckets said it best in his postgame interview. “We proved we belong and that they’re beatable.”

The Heat are confident and have a plan now. I think Bam plays and I think they tie it at 2-2.

• Njsum1

@SteeloCity said...

I’m gonna say he doesn’t play. Hope I am wrong, like others said, I want more basketball and Bam on the floor gives them a better chance.

Are we sure, that a semi-healthy Bam gives them a better chance then a ballin-Kelly O?

I’m not so sure.

Bam’s a better player, yet maybe not for this series. 🤷‍♂️

• jdtrey

@livetorace17 said...

The Heat are confident and have a plan now. I think Bam plays and I think they tie it at 2-2.

They’re going to need Bam to be able to stay in for most of the game. The Heat won game 2 on the back of an all time Finals performance from Jimmy and the Lakers not being prepared for their game plan. The Lakers have had 2 days to watch the film so if Bam doesn’t play and play a good chunk of the game, expect the Lakers to be a lot more prepared for Miami in this game.

That’s before mentioning LBJ and especially AD should have better games.

• Njsum1

@Njsum1 said...

Are we sure, that a semi-healthy Bam gives them a better chance then a ballin-Kelly O?

I’m not so sure.

Bam’s a better player, yet maybe not for this series. 🤷‍♂️

To expand upon this. Traditional bigs, don’t do well versus the Lakers. It actually plays into the Lakers strengths, as they tend to neutralize the other teams big. Best example of this was Jokic. They rendered him pretty useless by starting Howard. And he’s one of the best.

Bam wasn’t playing so well game 1 Before he got hurt.

By starting a guy like Leonard, who can shoot, it pulls Howard away from the Rim where he’s most useful, blocking shots and getting put backs.

Then Kelly O comes in once Dwight is off the floor, and he can space it with his shooting and crash the boards from outside without Dwights presence.

So if Bam is healthy enough to play, I’d bring him off the bench. Let leonard eat up Dwights minutes, then let Bam come in when Dwight is off the floor and AD takes his rest.

However, the Heat need to play perfect no matter what rotation they run. If last game AD was even half as good as he normally is, the series is 3-0 right now.

• Brendan239

Kkuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzmmmaaaaaaaaa!!!!

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

Nah

• tmarohl

Rotoworld Basketball
    @Rotoworld_BK
    Bam Adebayo (neck) planning to play in Game 4

• HE’S……BACK😊

• Brendan239

I have 3 players in my single $15 LU that will be less than 12% owned because of their price or recent performance. And I love it. I’ll split $200k 5 ways. GL tonight everyone.

• Potsmoke

@Brendan239 said...

Will you please link your account, everyone please link for that matter. It’s fun to follow the posts in the forum and be able to click on someone’s profile to see how they are doing. Like me.. I’m no good but i like to call out others for being no good either lol Gotta Raw Dog sometimes ya know..

• ASalvaro

ok Bam playing has really messed up my lineups and at $25 an entry that sux….do we still use Olynyk?

• ASalvaro

@Potsmoke said...

Will you please link your account, everyone please link for that matter. It’s fun to follow the posts in the forum and be able to click on someone’s profile to see how they are doing. Like me.. I’m no good but i like to call out others for being no good either lol Gotta Raw Dog sometimes ya know..

if you click my profile you’ll find that i finally won a tournament! lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.