NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 7 ) at LA Lakers ( -7 ) —- T: 216

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• zeeshan2

last game of the season tonight

• zacsby

Markieff played 30 minutes in game 4…anybody think we see more Dwight tonight or is Vogel officially done with the big lineup?

• jdtrey

Dwight was getting hunted early and often, pretty sure that’s what made Vogel make the 2nd half change – don’t imagine he goes back to Dwight if he didn’t like the matchup

ETA: No DFS relevance but I saw earlier that China is airing tonight’s NBA Finals game – first game in over a year they’ve broadcast.

• Njsum1

@zeeshan2 said...

last game of the season tonight

Seems so, yet Miami was in that last game. Lots of pressure on LA tonight, let’s see if it makes diamonds or busts pipes.

It’s been fun yuckin it up with you NBA junkies this season. Good luck tonight and I’ll see y’all when the NBA comes back (Or on the nfl thread), whenever that may be

• jdtrey

Lebron is 17-1 in his last 18 close out games. (38-10 lifetime)
    3-0 this year averaging 34.3 pts, 12.3 rebounds and 9 assists on 61% shooting.

Right there with ya NJ – let’s take it all down tonight! (and hopefully we only have to wait until January)

• Brendan239

LBJ correlates well w KCP and AD w Rondo. I’m going w the latter and fading LBJ/Kuzma/BAM. Tonight looks like a 1,000 way split for 1st w FD pricing.

• JSteele

@jdtrey said...

Lebron is 17-1 in his last 18 close out games. (38-10 lifetime)
    3-0 this year averaging 34.3 pts, 12.3 rebounds and 9 assists on 61% shooting.

Right there with ya NJ – let’s take it all down tonight! (and hopefully we only have to wait until January)

The one game he lost against Indiana in 2014, it looks like he got hurt or something. He only played 24 minutes.

He’s far and away the top play today.

Edit: It looks like he’s lost 3 times to Indiana in closeout games since 2013.

• monarch

I wonder how much of LeBrons success rate in closeout games is an attrition factor of chewing out the refs and the refs realizing a finality of just kinda siding with him (star player) on 50/50 calls.

I used to watch a ton of college basketball in person and as a result watched Shaka Smart at VCU aka havoc. They fouled their opponent on every single possession and if a foul was called on them it was hotly contested. At some point in the game the officials stopped calling fouls. Same with the legion of boom.

• emnj69

morris or kuz?

• Benrose4

For cash any of you guys going Morris at captain to fit in Davis, Lebron, and Butler? Or are one of those guys going to have such a big game you need them in captain?

• gaelicgirl

@Njsum1 said...

Seems so, yet Miami was in that last game. Lots of pressure on LA tonight, let’s see if it makes diamonds or busts pipes.

It’s been fun yuckin it up with you NBA junkies this season. Good luck tonight and I’ll see y’all when the NBA comes back (Or on the nfl thread), whenever that may be

See ya later, alligator!

• skankinmat

Howard or Olynk? Olynk only played 12 minutes last game but a lot had to do with his early foul trouble and of course Bam playing but has a higher ceiling than Howard who will probably play his customary 15 minutes again…

• Yeoman

I’d better post this today because I might not get another chance…

Duncan Robinson is the first player in basketball history to play in both an NCAA Division III championship game and an NBA final.

(Pete Metzelaars played in a DIII basketball championship game and in a Super Bowl.)

• Brendan239

I can’t believe I’m fading Lebron in a $15 single bullet. But I am. GL

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Brendan239 said...

I can’t believe I’m fading Lebron in a $15 single bullet. But I am. GL

Probably the right move. ‘Bron doesn’t care about dominating.

• Yeoman

Not to forget, Robinson also played in a D1 championship game.

The trifecta’s not happening again in our lifetimes. Probably ever—D1 or D3 or even the NCAA will cease to exist first.

• Brendan239

I think Lebron is fine with letting AD get Finals MVP, as long as he still gets the Chip. Maybe a gesture of “See why I told you to come here?” And if you go AD you gotta go Rondo. Calling an AD Burger….get it…80.

• jdtrey

@Brendan239 said...

I think Lebron is fine with letting AD get Finals MVP, as long as he still gets the Chip. Maybe a gesture of “See why I told you to come here?”

That’s exactly what he’ll do.. next year if they make the Finals again.
    Lebron knows it’s wide open, he knows what it takes to close and he’s damn sure aware there’s never been a player to win Finals MVP with 3 different teams before.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@jdtrey said...

That’s exactly what he’ll do.. next year if they make the Finals again.
    Lebron knows it’s wide open, he knows what it takes to close and he’s damn sure aware there’s never been a player to win Finals MVP with 3 different teams before.

….but, Lebron said he doesn’t care about his legacy on the court?

Pretty sure no matter what happens the rest of this series, barring a miracle comeback by the Heat, Bron is getting the MVP.

• rstylz

I thought about this earlier and i don’t know how he could make it work.

But i had a conspiracy theory that LBJ would some how make sure AD won finals MVP to entice him to stick around.

More rings is more important to him than MVP.

Makes me want to CPT Davis. Would LBJ just feed him the whole night?

Tough one

• JSteele

I just made a small prop bet for this game so I have something to watch for.

LeBron Over 47.5 Points, Assists, Rebounds.

His lowest total in 3 Closeout NBA Finals games is 49. He also has a 53 and 50.

• jdtrey

Easiest path to victory is get AD going early so not a bad idea either way

• JSteele

@rstylz said...

I thought about this earlier and i don’t know how he could make it work.

But i had a conspiracy theory that LBJ would some how make sure AD won finals MVP to entice him to stick around.

More rings is more important to him than MVP.

Makes me want to CPT Davis. Would LBJ just feed him the whole night?

Tough one

LeBron is getting the Finals MVP, no matter what happens with AD tonight. LeBron has consistently been the better player this entire series.

• Yeoman

@rstylz said...

Would LBJ just feed him the whole night?

AD could drop 80 tonight and the MVP still goes to Lebron. The only way he could arrange for someone else to get the ring is to lose the series and give it to Butler.

• gaelicgirl

@rstylz said...

Tough one

Excellent new avatar!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.