7:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 9 ) at Indiana ( -9 ) —- T: 216
    7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( -5 ) at Philadelphia ( 5 ) —- T: 197.5
    7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3.5 ) at Miami ( -3.5 ) —- T: 200
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 4 ) at Detroit ( -4 ) —- T: 199
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 3 ) at New Orleans ( -3 ) —- T: 206
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 5 ) at Minnesota ( -5 ) —- T: 199.5
    8:30 PM EST : Utah ( 10.5 ) at San Antonio ( -10.5 ) —- T: 187
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -4.5 ) at Portland ( 4.5 ) —- T: 227.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• clrockny24

@dominicanpapi said...

IDK about 6X, but you don’t have to spend up at center IMO.

I hear you guys on Dunn but it just feels like a trap.

A. just because Rubio is out doesn’t necessarily mean it will be a good game for dunn

2. He’s a rookie in his 3rd game

• crazypaul

@goblue84 said...

Aside from Dunn, who are some cheap guys you like tonight? I think CJ Miles could get some decent run with Stuckey out. Only $3,200K on DK

I only play FD, but some decent plays tonight I believe will be:

Tim Frazier $5500
    Matthew Dellavedova $4600
    Allen Crabbe $4300
    Justise Winslow $5000
    C.J. Miles $3800
    Gorgui Dieng $5900
    Joel Embiid $4.5K

• Butternutter

@teachmehowtocutty said...

Rubio is out. Dunn should see a ton of minutes and is priced as a backup.

Just my opinion, but I think LaVine will be the biggest beneficiary from Rubio being out.

• getsomephil

I was thinking the same thing about Lavine benefiting from Dunn starting.

• mattyice522

and/or wiggins

• americanpaleale

or both

• hobbes2d

How is Rubio out benefit LaVine? Rubio already doesn’t shoot.

• frugal

@Butternutter said...

Just my opinion, but I think LaVine will be the biggest beneficiary from Rubio being out.

This is what I’m thinking as well. Dunn will get run for sure, but I bet they slide LaVine over to PG and give little more run to Shabazz or Rush as well. If Dunn was under $4K on DK or Thibbs flat out states Dunn will get 30+ minutes, I’d slot him in for sure. Around his price you have Delavadova and Crabbe who are all much more predictable.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

Dunn should be a decent play 25-30 DK points. Not sure how that stack up with the rest of the value plays on the slate tho.

• hobbes2d

@frugal said...

This is what I’m thinking as well. Dunn will get run for sure, but I bet they slide LaVine over to PG and give little more run to Shabazz or Rush as well. If Dunn was under $4K on DK or Thibbs flat out states Dunn will get 30+ minutes, I’d slot him in for sure. Around his price you have Delavadova and Crabbe who are all much more predictable.

Tyus Jones probably will end up playing and outscoring Dunn.

• cheddarbob

@hobbes2d said...

How is Rubio out benefit LaVine? Rubio already doesn’t shoot.

Someone correct me if I’m mistaken but Lavine was a monster when Rubio was out last year. I get that there’s a new coach and Dunn wasn’t there last year, but seems hard to believe Thibs will just hand Dunn the extra minutes to his rookie PG instead of spreading it out and having Lavine run point while Dunn is on the bench.

• Kilala

i’m thinking building a core with the Greek, glass, and Godside. Still trying to figure out to go Dunn or Delly.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@frugal said...

Dunn is an elite defender and was a lottery pick. The Wolves have never been crazy about Rubio and his time in Minnesota is imminent, I expect them to test Dunn today and let him lead the team.

• frugal

@hobbes2d said...

Tyus Jones probably will end up playing and outscoring Dunn.

I doubt Jones sees a minute of play on the floor and I wouldn’t be shocked to see LaVine play 40 minutes tonight.

• osuryanf

The only thing that worries me about Lavine is he’s one of those guys that when he’s in a spot to do good, he craps the bed. When he’s not expected to go off, he goes off. I want to get a good amount of exposure to him but I know how that cat works, and he’s as inconsistent as they come.

• frugal

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

Dunn is an elite defender and was a lottery pick. The Wolves have never been crazy about Rubio and his time in Minnesota is imminent, I expect them to test Dunn today and let him lead the team.

Maybe I’m mistaken, but I don’t see Thibbs letting a rookie lead the team. I’m going to have some exposure to Dunn, but likely more for LaVine.

• kylar18

Yeah, there’s no way to know for sure though, it’s always just our best guess. I probably will not go all in, but he really doesn’t need to do a lot to pay off 4,100, and if he gets to 25 fp I’ll be very happy with it

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@cheddarbob said...

Someone correct me if I’m mistaken but Lavine was a monster when Rubio was out last year. I get that there’s a new coach and a Dunn wasn’t there last year, but seems hard to believe Thibs will just hand Dunn the extra minutes to his rookie PG instead of spreading it out and having Lavine run point while Dunn is on the bench.

I could see if LaVine was a bench player and making a case to pick up more mins, but he’s a starter. He will be playing along side Dunn, which doesn’t grant him any extra on ball time. Also keep in mind Rubio was only taking about five shots a game anyways. Towns and Wiggins are the top scoring options for this team, if anything it’s a boost for those two. With Wiggins having Jeff Ennis on him, this looks like a KAT game to me. Plain and simple. The distribution of work won’t change much with Rubio being out.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Maybe I’m mistaken, but I don’t see Thibbs letting a rookie lead the team. I’m going to have some exposure to Dunn, but likely more for LaVine.

This is where I am at right now. I set some lus already and have more LaVine than Dunn. He will be overly popular and prefer to fade mostly in gpp but maybe I will need to play him in cash, which I’m fine with since its get me ABC and Durant easily then.

• jessedio

Didn’t Lavine run PG last year when Rubio was out? It would be funny when Dunn starts, Lavine just takes over at point.

• zpa1989

what about john henson? think he could get some burn? has upside, they may need another body in there to defend brow

• kylar18

Like, until I see him do it, jumping on a Rookie in his 3rd game of the year who hasn’t shown much of a ceiling off the bench and I know he’s gonna be chalk. It creates a situation where it could be profitable to fade him for a Dellavedova in a great matchup who’s shown a 30 pt ceiling already this year or an Allen Crabbe in the highest over under of the day. if Dunn disappoints and gets 15-20 pts vs the 30+ you expect from guys in this situation, it can really differentiate you

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

@biged263835 said...

Only time I’ve take. Down a big tourney was a college bball GPP behind a Dunn near quad double. Chasing points a year and a half later with him tonight

got a good chuckle out of this. RIP DFS CBB.

• Butternutter

Lead the team with Dunn over LaVine?

• kylar18

This is all GPP talk from me. Cash, Lock Dunn in even as just a Block. He’ll be 90% owned in cash or somewhere close

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).