NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NBA? Come get in on some NBA talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nba..

7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 3.5 ) at Charlotte ( -3.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 10.5 ) at Cleveland ( -10.5 ) —- T: 217
    7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 8.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -8.5 ) —- T: 210
    7:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 13 ) at Washington ( -13 ) —- T: 225.5
    7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 13 ) at Boston ( -13 ) —- T: 196.5
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2 ) at New Orleans ( -2 ) —- T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 5 ) at Memphis ( -5 ) —- T: 206
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5 ) at New York ( 5 ) —- T: 213
    9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 1.5 ) at Denver ( -1.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 4 ) at Utah ( -4 ) —- T: 196
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 9.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -9.5 ) —- T: 204.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• bigkino217

saric and henson starting

• byo34

Conley and Gasol, take some rest tonight! Please!

• winnerchickendinner

@hcassidy said...

My thing is how reliable is Jason Smith? 3 of the last 6 games he was a DNP. Sure he is most likely starting but how much will he actually do?

Last year when I played a couple of high stakes GPP a guy spot starting was always highly owned by sharks. Not saying he will hit or bust but, the guys who have made it big take the opportunity.

• bigkino217

smith averaged 10 pts and 5.7 rebs in his 3 starts last season (and that was with porter playing)

• hcassidy

@kdubs81 said...

Didn’t he “start” the season opener?
    12 minutes seems like a lot for him

I’m rolling with Mike Scott

He did start the season opener, played 7 minutes. And to the 1 that about Morris, yes he is out as well.

• draggin49

How is phx vs centers ? I’m only playing gpp , was not sure if gortat would be worth playing . He’s under 6k on DK. Was looking for lower priced guys with good upside

• bigkino217

@hcassidy said...

He did start the season opener, played 7 minutes. And to the 1 that about Morris, yes he is out as well.

he played 7 minutes because he got hurt

• draggin49

@hcassidy said...

That was my biggest wonder with smith is how many mins he realistically will see as the starter. Aren’t him and Scott basically the ones playing the mins @PF position?

• hcassidy

@winnerchickendinner said...

Last year when I played a couple of high stakes GPP a guy spot starting was always highly owned by sharks. Not saying he will hit or bust but, the guys who have made it big take the opportunity.

True, he was cheap and good last year. But this year I havent seen it. As stated he started game 1 alongside Porter(played 7 minutes total for the game) had 1 rebound. Then had 2 straight DNP then played 8 minutes against the Lakers, 2 pts 2 rebounds and a block. Then another DNP then 16 minutes against the Kings 5 pts 4 rebounds and a block.

• bigkino217

@hcassidy said...

True, he was cheap and good last year. But this year I havent seen it. As stated he started game 1 alongside Porter(played 7 minutes total for the game) had 1 rebound. Then had 2 straight DNP then played 8 minutes against the Lakers, 2 pts 2 rebounds and a block. Then another DNP then 16 minutes against the Kings 5 pts 4 rebounds and a block.

what are you not understanding about “he got hurt”?

• TiltedHard

Jason Smith was fire when he was the injury replacement to Markieff last year.

• lloydjv1

@byo34 said...

Conley and Gasol, take some rest tonight! Please!

That’s what I am hoping for too, and then let Vuc eat….

• hcassidy

@bigkino217 said...

he played 7 minutes because he got hurt

Just seen that now, I was looking at the box scores. Is the shoulder still an issue though as I said he had 2 DNP then played 8 minutes and another DNP before 16 Minutes in the blowout win over the Kings.

• draggin49

I’m curious if phx can keep it close for 4 qtrs . If so game could be great

• bigkino217

@hcassidy said...

Just seen that now, I was looking at the box scores. Is the shoulder still an issue though as I said he had 2 DNP then played 8 minutes and another DNP before 16 Minutes in the blowout win over the Kings.

seemed well enough for him to play last game? all i know is that he has been decent in the past, and there arent too many other options for washington to run unless they’re going to give mike scott 25+ mins (which would make scott a good play too). id be surprised if smith didn’t play at least 24 mins, but i’ll probably have some scott too unless other better value comes out. it’s a pretty juicy matchup and porter being out likely lowers the chance of a blowout at least a little bit

• chronoxiong

I cant trust Jason Agent Smith!!!

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@raymond333 said...

I could probably do like 10 lines.

You need help brother. There are hotlines, support groups. We’re here for you.

• lloydjv1

@draggin49 said...

I’m curious if phx can keep it close for 4 qtrs . If so game could be great

Pray for Booker and Warren to be on fire…

• lloydjv1

@chronoxiong said...

I cant trust Jason Agent Smith!!!

Still going with Oubre myself.

• hcassidy

@bigkino217 said...

seemed well enough for him to play last game? all i know is that he has been decent in the past, and there arent too many other options for washington to run unless they’re going to give mike scott 25+ mins (which would make scott a good play too). id be surprised if smith didn’t play at least 24 mins, but i’ll probably have some scott too unless other better value comes out.

I just looked at that blowout of the Kings Boxscore and Scott got 15 minutes. But put up 13 pts to Smiths 5. Peripherals were basically even 4 rebounds, 1 TO. but smith had a block

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@jetsfan303 said...

Baseball and Football are tolerated to some degree (gotta be in the top 1-2% of a contest or no need to share screenshots or specific info) but the quote was “I don’t want to hear anything about basketball, it’s just too much”

My son is autistic and is therefore very candid. When I told him how much I won one night (won, as in past tense), he said, “Well, you’re not to be trusted.” I asked him what he meant.

“Well, you get excited about winning a thousand dollars but the next day you say you only got a hundred.”

My wife thought that was funny. I wasn’t as amused.

• bigkino217

lol damn DK and their rules against full stacking one game. you could fit james, booker, warren with the entire washington starting lineup

• frugal

Hmmmm….with Porter out, could the WAS/PHO be worth stacking? Wall hasn’t really shown the upside I want from him, but man that matchup…

• floridast33

If Gasol sits does that make Gordon a must also?

• avl16

I’ve gotten exposure to WAS/PHO with Meeks at $3500 and Frazier at $3700; that opened up a lot of salary

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).