• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 1.5 ) at Charlotte ( -1.5 ) —- T: 228
    7:00 PM EST : Denver ( -5 ) at Cleveland ( 5 ) —- T: 226.5
    7:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 5 ) at Philadelphia ( -5 ) —- T: 228.5
    7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( -1.5 ) at Atlanta ( 1.5 ) —- T: 231
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 2 ) at Boston ( -2 ) —- T: 215
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Portland ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic ā€“ NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• cdaus8989

@cdaus8989 said...

Tuesday: Tony Parker
    Wednesday: Derrick Rose
    Thursday: Vince Carter?

I was kidding when I wrote that, but after looking at things I don’t hate it. Vince has 20+ minutes, and 5X+ on DK the last 3 games. Matchup seems juicy, Over/Under seems juicy, stranger things have happened.

• Imnotverygoodatall

anyone else like tobias harris tonight? PHI has been awful against PF, tobias can chuck like a mf, and hopefully his recent bad games will suppress ownership

• hautalak

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to think Hayward is a good play today.

Answer: 1/3 so far…

• jayzee666

@eleanorRigby said...

Thanks brother. I just had three off nights. I mean way off. Between the last week of preseason and the first two weeks of regular-season I was killing it, but after last night, oh boy.

Only 3 bad nights the whole season so far?? That is amateur suck. You don’t deserve to be mentioned in the same paragraph as the likes of me !!!!!! :)
    #curse_rules!!

• kbsktbll88

@Imnotverygoodatall said...

anyone else like tobias harris tonight? PHI has been awful against PF, tobias can chuck like a mf, and hopefully his recent bad games will suppress ownership

$7,600 is a lot. I’d much rather go for Gallinari at $6,500.

edit: in fact, Tobias will probably be guarded by Covington. Gallinari will get Saric… so yeah much rather take Gallo.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Yes.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@kbsktbll88 said...

$7,600 is a lot. I’d much rather go for Gallinari at $6,500.

I like Gallo too, but there’s a reason why Harris is more.

• kbsktbll88

@Pandamonious said...

I like Gallo too, but there’s a reason why Harris is more.

I edited my post.. guessing RoCo guards Tobias and Saric guards Gallo. Gallo would have a much better match up.

• scott33

on fanduel whats been the average beat the score 260 payouts?

Usually between 4-6 bucks. Really wish they would do like they did last year & offer $1 contests. Something like $1-260, $3-270, $12-280, $25-300 would be ideal. If u can successfully hit 260 regularly it is a nice bankroll builder.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@kbsktbll88 said...

I edited my post.. guessing RoCo guards Tobias and Saric guards Gallo. Gallo would have a much better match up.

Yeah, it’s possible they could go that route. I’m sure I’ll have exposure to both. DVP wise Philly hasn’t been very good against either forward spot.

• DarthPasta

Covington or Batum?

• kbsktbll88

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, it’s possible they could go that route. I’m sure I’ll have exposure to both. DVP wise Philly hasn’t been very good against either forward spot.

I probably won’t have any Tobias. Not even sure if I’ll have any Gallo. There are better options tonight imo

• eleanorRigby

@jayzee666 said...

Only 3 bad nights the whole season so far?? That is amateur suck. You don’t deserve to be mentioned in the same paragraph as the likes of me !!!!!! :)
    #curse_rules!!

Lol. It was a good 3 weeks for me. I topped of my streak with a single entry gpp win on Saturday night. I was starting to think I had the Shine. Nope. No shine here.

• miggs6876

@noddy said...

Iā€™m worse!

We sucked yesterday Noddy. Maybe tonight….

• DarthPasta

So random question: as a guide, I’ve been playing around with the DraftKings Projections sheet here, and I’ve been playing around to see how high I can get the maximum number of expected fantasy points (the column on the far right). I know it’s not the be-all, end-all, but it’s a fun exercise. Does anyone else do this?

• noddy

@miggs6876 said...

We sucked yesterday Noddy. Maybe tonight….

Alright sounds good miggs

• bjacksonibew

Random Marvin the Martian night tonight?

• DarthPasta

@DarthPasta said...

So random question: as a guide, I’ve been playing around with the DraftKings Projections sheet here, and I’ve been playing around to see how high I can get the maximum number of expected fantasy points (the column on the far right). I know it’s not the be-all, end-all, but it’s a fun exercise. Does anyone else do this?

I’ve gotten a max thus far of 269.44 (Fox, Holiday, Harris, Saric, Embiid, Turner, Hayward, Moore). Not the most optimized, but not awful. :) At least two punts, though…

• 2021Labs

@DarthPasta said...

EDIT: I’ve gotten a max thus far of 269.44 (Fox, Holiday, Harris, Saric, Embiid, Turner, Hayward, Moore). Not the most optimized, but not awful. :)

if you want to see the optimal lineup based on RG projections, setbthe exposure to 5% for 2 of the top value plays, then hit build 10 lineups. it will give you the top optimal without having to lock in anyone. I use this to see how far off the projected optimal my lineup is..can be handy when playing cash games. it also shows you what players you can expect a lot of people to be using, if they are using lineupHQ or another optimizer.

• underdawgs

In the spirit of giving, especially for that one dude Noddy who complains about losing every day, I’ll throw out my guys that are topping my projections so far. I am absolutely nobody but I am having a good NBA season so far so take it for whatever it’s worth:
    I already noted Russ and Kemba, that matchup sets up perfectly for a point-guard dominant game.
    I don’t know what’s doing with Kyrie and Jaylen Brown, but Horford is making his way into a lot of my lineups.
    Steven Adams is always underowned and he’s a little pricey (on DK) but there is literally no one on CHA that will bother him. Lowkey GPP play, only 1 game he hasn’t hit 5x (please let’s not start the annoying back-and-forth about what the multiples are worth) and a bunch of 3 of his 5 games he’s gone 40+ FPS
    Zach Collins worst game is 4x and his best was almost 10x. That 10x game was in only 18 minutes and over his last 3 games, he’s gotten 24, 27, and 24 minutes. He has defensive stats in every game this season and has GPP upside that we like. Fast paced game tonight, you could do a lot worse for GPP.

I take more than I give in these forums so I’ll try and do better by adding a little more.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

Guys that seem underpriced on DK: Hield, Cauley-Stein, Westbrook, Covington

Going to play Dedmon more often than not this year I think, such huge upside if he can play 25 minutes. I think he gets a little more run with Cauley-Stein out there playing 32-35 minutes. I also want some Blazers exposure but Lillard might be a tough too expensive for me, so I’m loading up on CJ3 and Evan Turner.

• frugal

Yahoo has been kicking my ass this year. Been able to cash on FD more often than not in my limited play there. So odd as my lineups are extremely similar and the scoring system is the same. I’ve been able to hit on low owned value plays but am just missing the cash line more often than not. Well, here’s an early look at today’s Yahoo bargain basement value:

Guards

Collin Sexton $11 – 2 of his last 3 games have returned 2.4X+ and his minutes look safe in the 22-27 range no matter the outcome.

Rodney Hood $14 – He’s lit it up the last 2 games posting 2.3X+ and has a 28.9% in the Love-less starting lineup. The matchup isn’t as juicy as the last game but if he can post 30+ FP against IND, he’s got a decent shot at 2X+ again tonight if the game stays relatively close into the 4th.

Forwards

Evan Turner $11 – After hitting 1.9X+ in the first 6 games, Turner had a very disappointing performance last game vs Houston. I will be hoping right back on the Turner train tonight as he offers cheap exposure to that 232 O/U.

Trey Lyles $11 – I think I’ve listed him almost every day he’s playing as a solid value option. He’s hit 1.93X+ in the last 5 and came .5 short of a 30 FP game last night. He’s about as safe as it gets when it comes to value plays.

Center

Zach Collins $11 – Collins has been killing it in his sophomore season and could be in line for another good night tonight. Like Turner, Collins offers cheap exposure to that 232 O/U and he’ll be needed to challenge Randle down low. Collins could also benefit if Nurkic gets into foul trouble as last year in the playoffs Nurkic’s foul tally against NOP was 3,1,4, and 6.

• noddy

@DarthPasta said...

I’ve gotten a max thus far of 269.44 (Fox, Holiday, Harris, Saric, Embiid, Turner, Hayward, Moore). Not the most optimized, but not awful. :) At least two punts, though…

275 plugging in 4 Atlanta players

• DarthPasta

@dustyschmidt22 said...

if you want to see the optimal lineup based on RG projections, setbthe exposure to 5% for 2 of the top value plays, then hit build 10 lineups. it will give you the top optimal without having to lock in anyone. I use this to see how far off the projected optimal my lineup is..can be handy when playing cash games. it also shows you what players you can expect a lot of people to be using, if they are using lineupHQ or another optimizer.

You can do that on this site? How?

• Gathman78

@MikeUpGmaing said...

I’ll gladly play anyone who Tim Frazier is covering. But it’s also his birthday today so maybe that can add to the revenge narrative.

If I remember correctly Jrue gave Dame some fits in the postseason, so a nice CJ McCollum night? Like Aminu as well.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler