7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -4 ) at Brooklyn ( 4 ) —- T: 241.5
    7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 7.5 ) at Indiana ( -7.5 ) —- T: 212
    7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -4.5 ) at Orlando ( 4.5 ) —- T: 215
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 10.5 ) at Boston ( -10.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 3.5 ) at Chicago ( -3.5 ) —- T: 216
    9:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -1.5 ) at Dallas ( 1.5 ) —- T: 216.5
    10:00 PM EST : Utah ( -5.5 ) at Sacramento ( 5.5 ) —- T: 214
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -6.5 ) at Golden State ( 6.5 ) —- T: 225

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

@JSteele said...

I don’t really let sites infuence my plays at all. I do my own research and come up with them on my own. It’s kind of research for me to see who the touts are telling people to play, because you can get an edge knowing that a lot of them will likely garner higher ownership. Especially if multiple sites are on the same plays.

Here’s the only thing a GPP player with talent needs to know.

“The best way to be contrarian is to think for youself.”-Jonathon Bales

I don’t think you gain an edge by knowing who the touts are on. Touts Might be on a great play and you fade it, cause they’re on it. Or the touts could be off a bad play and you play it cause they’re off it. Or vice versa, where going contrarian works…

Imo….it doesn’t matter…if you just do your own thinking your lineups will always be contrarian, as no one thinks like you. Sometimes you’re with the touts, sometimes against them..sometimes a little of both.

Consider others opinions, yet the play has to make sense to you.

Anyway good luck to everyone tonight…I’ll check back later tonight 🍀🏀👍🍔🥓🔥🔥

• JTL33

I like Smart if Brown sits again. Also could see Tatum having a good game

• gaelicgirl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

We’ll be back strong next year!

You know it!

• JSteele

@Vdaddy8888 said...

I moved on from the Madison stuff, but you want to keep it going… Two GPP wins on the year for me thus far in the NBA. One in the 12 dollar single entry on DK night two of the year and the other in the NBA 4K on DK Tuesday. Rank in the top 5% on the NBA leader board this year….

Good Luck to all tonight in a great slate of NBA fun.

That’s great for you. I just found it funny that you argued when I brought up Paschall early. Then a few hours later, you put him as your 2nd favorite play in his price range.

• rpolzin25

So I’m trying my hand at NBA a little earlier than I typically do this year but on a slate like this… Are harden/westbrook really big must haves? I get their high floor and I’m not arguing that one bit but y’all are saying you want 8x salary for tourneys. Given their salaries that’s a pretty tall order. Wouldn’t I be better at filling out a lineup with a bunch of guys that are cheaper and more underpriced? I will say I still like Kyrie at his price but I like Westbrook more than harden. And I kind of question whether there are better options from a point/dollar standpoint. There seem to be plenty of guys in the $5-9k range that have that big tourney upside with a damn good floor price considered. And given the expected ownership on Russ and harden I feel like it could be smarter to be underweight given their chances to hit 70 points let alone 80 and 90.

• Gathman78

Awesomo Alex was once asked about his lineup strategy to which he declared, “I just play everyone.” I take his advice with many grains of salt. With that being said, he does have some sharp minds working for him.

• JSteele

@Njsum1 said...

Here’s the only thing a GPP player with talent needs to know.

“The best way to be contrarian is to think for youself.”-Jonathon Bales

I don’t think you gain an edge by knowing who the touts are on. Touts Might be on a great play and you fade it, cause they’re on it. Or the touts could be off a bad play and you play it cause they’re off it. Or vice versa, where going contrarian works…

Imo….it doesn’t matter…if you just do your own thinking your lineups will always be contrarian, as no one thinks like you. Sometimes you’re with the touts, sometimes against them..sometimes a little of both.

Consider others opinions, yet the play has to make sense to you.

Anyway good luck to everyone tonight…I’ll check back later tonight 🍀🏀👍🍔🥓🔥🔥

I learned this a few years back. I’d often think of plays myself and then i’d read articles online saying they were bad plays or touting other guys and i’d move off of it. I had my best night in NBA when I made up a quick lineup with the spots that I knew were good in my head and didn’t read anything.

• TheAnswer

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

• x3

2017 Blogger of the Month

Latest blog is up for tonight’s slate – NBA Friday Night

• JSteele

@rpolzin25 said...

So I’m trying my hand at NBA a little earlier than I typically do this year but on a slate like this… Are harden/westbrook really big must haves? I get their high floor and I’m not arguing that one bit but y’all are saying you want 8x salary for tourneys. Given their salaries that’s a pretty tall order. Wouldn’t I be better at filling out a lineup with a bunch of guys that are cheaper and more underpriced? I will say I still like Kyrie at his price but I like Westbrook more than harden. And I kind of question whether there are better options from a point/dollar standpoint. There seem to be plenty of guys in the $5-9k range that have that big tourney upside with a damn good floor price considered. And given the expected ownership on Russ and harden I feel like it could be smarter to be underweight given their chances to hit 70 points let alone 80 and 90.

Think of scoring as a scale, rather than straight 8x.

If 8x is your goal, you’d want 6x+ from your top tier players and 10x+ from your lower tier players so that it balances out to a total of 8x.

No one is expecting Harden to get 88 FPTs tonight for 8x, but 66 is certainly doable. Westbrook needs to be around 60 to hit 6x which he’s done a couple times so far.

Moving down to a play below 4k, you are looking for them to get 40 for 10x.

• yisman

news out of GS:

Steph is undergoing surgery and will be out at least 3 months. Nothing surprising there.

• frugal

@JSteele said...

I learned this a few years back. I’d often think of plays myself and then i’d read articles online saying they were bad plays or touting other guys and i’d move off of it. I had my best night in NBA when I made up a quick lineup with the spots that I knew were good in my head and didn’t read anything.

I can’t remember the decisions which lead to my best nights. But I know without a doubt my worst nights come when I try to quickly tinker right before the games start.

• RAWSHADTX

@Njsum1 said...

Jonathon Bales

This here is absolutely correct.

If you’re a GPP player, the only way to really gain some money is to do your own research and think for yourself. You won’t win any other way, trust me.

• JSteele

@yisman said...

news out of GS:

Steph is undergoing surgery and will be out at least 3 months. Nothing surprising there.

Don’t worry, they still have Damion Curry.

• rpolzin25

house, Gordon or gr3 on dk or someone else $4k or less. And does anyone like ersan illasynova tonight?

• Lamms30

@JTL33 said...

I like Smart if Brown sits again. Also could see Tatum having a good game

According to Rotoworld Brown is doubtful to Out

• frugal

@rpolzin25 said...

house, Gordon or gr3 on dk or someone else $4k or less. And does anyone like ersan illasynova tonight?

GR3 would be my pick. IMHO, when going budget you want the cheapest players with the highest potential usage 1st and I think that’s GR3 by a long shot from that group. That said, I wouldn’t be shocked to see some other GSW scrub to be the value darling who scores 40+ FP at a near min salary. If I were a mass entry player, I might take a fair share of value from that team.

• kbsktbll88

I think Harden is a good fade tonight. Anyone have ownership projections on him?

• JSteele

@kbsktbll88 said...

I think Harden is a good fade tonight. Anyone have ownership projections on him?

I’d lean Westbrook/Kyrie from that game for the salary relief.

• kbsktbll88

@JSteele said...

I’d lean Westbrook/Kyrie from that game for the salary relief.

I don’t like Westbrook much either tonight, he won’t be in my pool.

• JSteele

@kbsktbll88 said...

I don’t like Westbrook much either tonight, he won’t be in my pool.

Do you like anybody from the Rockets tonight? Or do you know something that we don’t

• realphipps

I apologize for asking a Knicks question. I already know the answer but…

Any chance Mitchell Robinson just destroys Theis tonight, even if it’s just for 20 minutes? Any chance he sees some extended run?

Robinson just $5.2 on DK.

• chronoxiong

How many Pacers is too many Pacers tonight? And how many Warriors scrubs can you trust tonight?

• JSteele

@realphipps said...

I apologize for asking a Knicks question. I already know the answer but…

Any chance Mitchell Robinson just destroys Theis tonight, even if it’s just for 20 minutes? Any chance he sees some extended run?

Robinson just $5.2 on DK.

It doesn’t seem likely that he gets extended run beyond 20 minutes. However, he did put up 17-6 against the Celtics in the last meeting and he’s always capable of getting blocks.

That being said, I don’t think he has the upside you want in 20 minutes.

• kbsktbll88

@JSteele said...

Do you like anybody from the Rockets tonight? Or do you know something that we don’t

Haha no I know what you know. I like Capela, but that’s about it. Harden and Westbrook are cutting into each other’s production too much. I can’t pay $11k for Harden on a large slate with better options.

Last game, he put up 79 DK points and scored 59 actual points while the team scored 159 in regulation, that was an anomaly. I just can’t see that happening again, even against Brooklyn. Last year if he scored 50-60 actual points he was putting up 80-100 DK points because of the assists and rebounds he was getting. But now with Russ there, he’s not going to be putting up those monster triple doubles. And same for Russ. He might have triple doubles, but he won’t have the scoring to go along with it imo.

• frugal

@chronoxiong said...

How many Pacers is too many Pacers tonight? And how many Warriors scrubs can you trust tonight?

The big issue with GSW scrubs is not knowing the starting lineup until well after other games have started AND who has the safest minutes in a blowout. I think those guys will be Robinson and Paschall but it could just as easily be some combination of Poole, Lee, Chriss, and Spellman

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler