NBA FORUM

Comments

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

Not a big fan of the slate today. Thoughts?

• OlegKouz

Was looking to work with the LAC/LAK and CLE/NO match ups..but not a huge fan of the games tonight either

• jeffreybuckets

I imagine you got to keeping riding D. Sloan for 4.9 on DK. Like Favors, DJ, and dare I say Trey Burke as a value! Looking at Knicks players for value: Shump, Hardaway, Amare. Brow at 11k, man that’s steep.

• kevinhl52

Like Favors/Hayward in their matchups against Indiana. Thought’s on Brow’s matchup for tn?

• jeffreybuckets

@kevinhl52 said...

Like Favors/Hayward in their matchups against Indiana. Thought’s on Brow’s matchup for tn?

While Brow is matchup proof and Love is not known for his D. But at 11k he flirting on the edge. But as always with the Brow in cash games on a small slate fade at your own risk!

• terrymandangle

Melo is gonna drop 40 any night now right?

• jcmbball9

Think today is the day to go balanced. Not seeing great value out there right now

• OneShotKill17

Melo came out firing against Atlanta when they played on Saturday and we finally saw his rebound totals get back to what we are used to. If he can be Melo and score 30-40 real life points then he can exceed value. Also not a huge fan of tonight but that won’t stop me from playing.

• tianyihe

@OneShotKill17 said...

Melo came out firing against Atlanta when they played on Saturday and we finally saw his rebound totals get back to what we are used to. If he can be Melo and score 30-40 real life points then he can exceed value. Also not a huge fan of tonight but that won’t stop me from playing.

Still shaking my head at how much he slowed down in that Atlanta game.

• OneShotKill17

@tianyihe said...

Still shaking my head at how much he slowed down in that Atlanta game.

Yup, I was out for the first half and was checking on my phone…as a knicks fan I expected to come home to a very Melo-esque game. Sooner or later he has to have like 35/8/4

• jeffreybuckets

Melo hasn’t got 30pts in a game yet and has only topped 25 twice. Until otherwise proven, he is a GPP gamble play.

• OneShotKill17

@jeffreybuckets said...

Melo hasn’t got 30pts in a game yet and has only topped 25 twice. Until otherwise proven, he is a GPP gamble play.

Right, not saying I would play him in cash…but in GPPs he has a really high upside as he can take over a game.

• OneShotKill17

@jeffreybuckets said...

Right, not saying I would play him in cash…but in GPPs he has a really high upside as he can take over a game.

• jrb13850

Was Reddick’s last game a fluke or his he the hot hand?

• anthony1604

copeland or solomon hill tonight?

• cccalloway

@jrb13850 said...

Reddick’s price would have to be super low for me to play him against the Spurs and their perimeter defense. All he does is score, remember.

• cccalloway

@anthony1604 said...

copeland or solomon hill tonight?

Cope. Been more consistent.

• havs99

Cope has been a dissapointment for me I’d rather play somebody else

• anthony1604

awesome thanx…how bout favors or monroe?

• wanderlust

@jrb13850 said...

I wouldn’t call it a fluke. JJ is a fantastic shooter and he’s bound to have nights where the basket just looks huge to him and he can throw it in from anywhere on the court. The flip side to that, of course, is that he’s a shooter…so he can go 3-13 just as quickly. He had struggled with his shot to start the year, so I suppose he was “due” (if you believe in that sorta thing).

The only change (other than a different opponent) was that Doc put Jamal Crawford in the starting lineup who is a far more dangerous offensive player than Matt Barnes. So perhaps Redick took advantage of less defensive attention on him…

Your guess is as good as mine whether he can continue the hot streak, but I would bet dollars to donuts that he matches that scoring total only a small handful of times the rest of the season.

• speddie

A first glance, the following players look good, relative to the way they are priced. (DK)

Kawhi
    Sloan
    Carroll
    Brooks (If Rose is out)
    Larkin
    The best 3k option might be Mike Scott. I can see him putting up ~20 against a not-so-scary Knicks defense.

I realize now after typing this, I am not very excited about tonight’s games lol

• havs99

@anthony1604 said...

non

• geoffa716

Given the lack of options tonight, I don’t think I’ll be fading Davis. This is narrative street, but I see him getting pretty hyped to go against Love and BronBron.

For cash: BUTLER (seriously, he’s almost playing on a ‘can’t fade’ level), CP3, Davis, Horford/Milsap (Knicks frontline is a joke, and they are going to want revenge), Teague, Duncan (maybe), Favors/Hayward (if Hibbert sits or isn’t 100%, then definitely Favors), and Griffin.

For value: Shumpert, D. Green, Kanter (again, big boost if Hibbert isn’t 100%), S. Hill

Unclear: I know that one of Detroits big guys is going to have a good game, but I’m not confident enough to pick which one. Likewise, I think Pau may have a solid game, especially if Noah is still on limited minutes (if Noah isn’t on limited minutes, you can throw him into your cash games). I’m a little bearish on the DET-CHI game though, as I have a feeling it’ll be a lower scoring, low volume game. I also struggle to see Pau keeping his double double streak going tonight. Too much size on DET’s end. Sloan is still going to see solid usage, but I’m not solid on his value. He’s not a lock for 30+ points by any means.

GPP Only: Jrue – Kyrie is a TERRIBLE defender. Jrue should be able to slash and dish – I expect at least 8 assists out of him tonight. If his shots falling, he’ll have no problem hitting 42 points tonight. You can apply the same logic to Tyreke.

Hibbert – I mean, c’mon, do you think anyone still likes this guy?

Melo – Maybe he’ll go off for 45 tonight? Lol, I doubt it but at $8.4K, he’s worth a look

Lebron – I have a hunch most people will spend the extra $500 and grab Davis. A Davis/James/Love is really interesting to me tonight.

Kawhi – …..I’ve never seen someone so hampered by conjunctivitis (grooossssssssss), but here we are. He might go off for 40, or he might hit 20. Almost impossible to say. I’ll probably err on the side of caution, and stick with Duncan in most lineups, but I think he’s worth mentioning.

• jeffreybuckets

@anthony1604 said...

I’m on Favors already. But is Hibbert sits with a knee, he is a must play

• Jwilson40

Stuck with 4800 left at the PF postion, my options are Tristan Thompson, Boris Diaw, Luis Scola…where do I go?

• speddie

@geoffa716 said...

Given the lack of options tonight, I don’t think I’ll be fading Davis. This is narrative street, but I see him getting pretty hyped to go against Love and BronBron.

For cash: BUTLER (seriously, he’s almost playing on a ‘can’t fade’ level), CP3, Davis, Horford/Milsap (Knicks frontline is a joke, and they are going to want revenge), Teague, Duncan (maybe), Favors/Hayward (if Hibbert sits or isn’t 100%, then definitely Favors), and Griffin.

For value: Shumpert, D. Green, Kanter (again, big boost if Hibbert isn’t 100%), S. Hill

Unclear: I know that one of Detroits big guys is going to have a good game, but I’m not confident enough to pick which one. Likewise, I think Pau may have a solid game, especially if Noah is still on limited minutes (if Noah isn’t on limited minutes, you can throw him into your cash games). I’m a little bearish on the DET-CHI game though, as I have a feeling it’ll be a lower scoring, low volume game. I also struggle to see Pau keeping his double double streak going tonight. Too much size on DET’s end. Sloan is still going to see solid usage, but I’m not solid on his value. He’s not a lock for 30+ points by any means.

GPP Only: Jrue – Kyrie is a TERRIBLE defender. Jrue should be able to slash and dish – I expect at least 8 assists out of him tonight. If his shots falling, he’ll have no problem hitting 42 points tonight. You can apply the same logic to Tyreke.

Hibbert – I mean, c’mon, do you think anyone still likes this guy?

Melo – Maybe he’ll go off for 45 tonight? Lol, I doubt it but at $8.4K, he’s worth a look

Lebron – I have a hunch most people will spend the extra $500 and grab Davis. A Davis/James/Love is really interesting to me tonight.

Kawhi – …..I’ve never seen someone so hampered by conjunctivitis (grooossssssssss), but here we are. He might go off for 40, or he might hit 20. Almost impossible to say. I’ll probably err on the side of caution, and stick with Duncan in most lineups, but I think he’s worth mentioning.

I actually don’t view Kawhi as a horrible cash play. At his price on DK, he would have to hit 33 points for 6x value. In a game projected with a high O/U and a tight spread, I can see Kawhi getting a lot of minutes and stuffing the stat sheet with rebs, steals and some points sprinkled in.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).