NBA FORUM

Comments

• jimfred82

• Blogger of the Month

Not a big fan of the slate today. Thoughts?

• sbeezleton

Kawhi still put up 14 & 14 last game with these same eye problems. Have to think its getting better and not worse

• kolkie05

Swc47 I like Copeland tonight especially the value he has putting up 3’s!

• Thedude2741

brooks good for gpp? only thing stopping me is seeing DET with the lowest average of allowed pts vs PG

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@CrazyGabey said...

EXUM!!!!!!!

exum and burke have been sharing minutes. exum’s price is great at 3600, and you can expect about 18-23 from him, but like any rookie, he’s so questionable!

• Mod518

Is Shawn Marion a decent value play tonight? $6,250 on DD

• anthony1604

would anyone consider playing deandre tonight?

• swc47

@anthony1604 said...

would anyone consider playing deandre tonight?

I would, but I think Horford is better for tonight

• geoffa716

Ha! Nope. 716 has a different significance for me. I’m in the 262.

I figured I owed you some feedback for those solid EPL/Champions league write ups. Keep ‘em coming, I enjoy reading them even though I’ve stopped betting any significant money on soccer because I keep losing :-)

• TeHDruiD

will update this in a second

• anthony1604

thank you and how about jennings tonight?

• geoffa716

Looking at the game logs, his minutes are trending down….not a sign I’m looking for in cash games. Couple that with having him bodied by Favors or Kanter, and I’m looking at him like a punt. Maybe he comes through tonight, but I wouldn’t put it in my cash lineups.

• geoffa716

I would shy away from relying on spreadsheets until you have a larger sample size to draw from (I’m assuming you didn’t appropriately weight and enter all previous seasons into your equations).

The reason is simple: small sample size = misleading results

Looking at your line up, you have 3 players in your cash games that, in general, have been GPP only type plays. Evans, Smith, and Hibbert have been solid through the first few games, but things will regress to the mean – meaning these players will start under preforming.

When you combine that with the high expected value for both Evans and Smith (based on their price), it doesn’t seem like a safe play in a cash game. Neither Evans or Smith are the top offensive option on their respective teams,a and Hibbert is about as inconsistent as you can get. I would look for consistency and volume, and I think you can find much better options for the price.

• TeHDruiD

These are the projections my spreadsheet spit out tonight for the highest scorer from each position. I’m new to the whole projection thing, so let me know which (if any) look way off base, thanks (FD scoring)

PG: Chris Paul – 42.52 FP’s (16 points, 3 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, 1 turnover)
    SG: Tyreke Evans – 42.08 FP’s (19 points, 6 rebounds, 11 assists, 0 steals, 1 block, 3 turnovers)
    SF: Josh Smith – 37.25 FP’s (15 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 turnover)
    PF: Anthony Davis – 63.14 FP’s (26 points, 16 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 7 blocks, 2 turnovers)
    C: Roy Hibbert – 30.26 FP’s (13 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 steals, 4 blocks, 2 turnovers)

• havs99

Any good SG under $4000 DK

• TeHDruiD

That’s not a lineup or anything, just what it spit out as the top scorer at each position

• steelbus

Can you point me where to look for something such as consistency and volume stats? Or are you just eyeballin it?

• jon1303

Still trying to get the NBA and cash game down. I have normally been more of a GPP player but it seems like i am leaving a lot of money on the table by not playing 50/50’s. What do you think of this LU on DK?

Sloan

Butler

James

Diaw

Kanter

Korver

Favors

Noah

• TeHDruiD

@steelbus said...

Can you point me where to look for something such as consistency and volume stats? Or are you just eyeballin it?

I use hoopsstats.com for the majority of my defense vs position stuff. I use the bigger resources (nba.com) for my player stats

• jsahly

DK cash
    Sloan
    Crawford
    Kawhi
    Copeland
    Horford
    Korver
    Duncan
    Hayward

Too safe?

• TeHDruiD

@jsahly said...

DK cash
    Sloan
    Crawford
    Kawhi
    Copeland
    Horford
    Korver
    Duncan
    Hayward

Too safe?

I don’t think so, their is just enough upside in there

• havs99

DK
    -cp3
    -Crawford
    -j.smith
    -favors
    -asik
    -Solomon
    -Sloan
    -stoudemire
    Is this any good

• Nugget

Thoughts on Aaron Brooks?

• mandito23

Any suggestion? FD Cash

PGJeff Teague$7,700ATL@NY␡
    PGChris Paul$10,100SA@LAC␡
    SGJamal Crawford$6,000SA@LAC␡
    SGKyle Korver$5,100ATL@NY␡
    SFShawn Marion$3,900NO@CLE␡
    SFChris Copeland$5,300UTA@IND␡
    PFTaj Gibson$6,000DET@CHI␡
    PFAnthony Davis$11,000NO@CLE␡

• TeHDruiD

@havs99 said...

DK
    -cp3
    -Crawford
    -j.smith
    -favors
    -asik
    -Solomon
    -Sloan
    -stoudemire
    Is this any good

If my spreadsheet is worth anything (wayyyyy away from where it needs to be) you should be in for a decent night (Player Name – Projected Points – Projected Points Positional Rank)

CP3 – 42 (1st)
    Crawford – 25 (3rd)
    Smith – 20 (9th)
    Favors – 32 (7th)
    Asik – 25 (6th)
    Solomon – 20 (8th)
    Sloan – 27 (4th)
    Stoudemire – 26 (10th)

Total: 217 (FD scoring, I don’t have DK scoring implemented yet)

I may be a bit biased because of the numbers, but I think Anthony Davis is almost a must in any lineup tonight. I know he’s expensive, but I think he outscores everyone by at least 10 FP’s

• geoffa716

For volume, use the tools here at RG. Look at MPG, shots per game, and efficiency.

Consistency is tricky. You can look at averages later in the season, but at this point I’m relying on what I know as a diehard NBA fan.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).