• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Utah ( 5.5 ) at Cleveland ( -5.5 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -4.5 ) at Washington ( 4.5 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 8 ) at Toronto ( -8 ) —- T: 196
    7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 12 ) at Miami ( -12 ) —- T: 202
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 1 ) at Milwaukee ( -1 ) —- T: 202
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( -2.5 ) at Minnesota ( 2.5 ) —- T: 199
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 2 ) at New Orleans ( -2 ) —- T: 211

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• millerto

@cccalloway said...

LBJ is playing Utah so his ceiling is capped compared to Russ and AD.

LBJ also listed as a GTD with a thigh bruise. Probably not serious and probably won’t miss, but a lot of people will shy away because of the Utah thing and the GTD thing.

• Usual21

Kemba, Wiggins, Durant, Brow, plus a mix of some of the low punt plays mentioned above. I figure the first four should get approximately 180 with a chance for 190+. Hope the next four get 100-110.

• spades4085

New to NBA dfs, whats the easiest ways to identify chalk plays?

• freshtodeathx

@millerto said...

LBJ also listed as a GTD with a thigh bruise. Probably not serious and probably won’t miss, but a lot of people will shy away because of the Utah thing and the GTD thing.

I dont think lebron at home going up against hayward is much of a thing :)

• xdan3220

Seen him mentioned and agree that Jabari Parker is interesting tonight. 24 minutes played last game, 3 days rest between games, lots of pace from Boston, Boston not a good rebounding team (25th in rebound rate), at 3,600 on DK I’m very tempted.

• Elz24

I miss a week ago where it was much easier to punt

• smutpeddlers

@tcottrill said...

He’s not sub 4k, but I’m mixing in Scola here at 4200.

I make 2 lineups cash and GPP. I got Scola in GPP.

• millerto

@freshtodeathx said...

Just saying people see Utah and think low scores and tough d in general.

• BreakingBacon

@Elz24 said...

I miss a week ago where it was much easier to punt

New year same story it always happens.

• cccalloway

@freshtodeathx said...

You should care as it’s not just Hayward. LBJ may score his 25 pts but he needs his boards/assists/steals to make value. Utah does not turn it over, has great rebounding differentials and plays great D everywhere which limit his assists. It’s not just an individual matchup you are considering especially against a great defensive team.

• gcowboy5886

@slpanthers24 said...

doubt he will be low owned..are you saying that because of the early stages of this thread. The masses will be on him imo.

People who enter their cash game lineups into a gpp (which should be all cash lineups) ensure his ownership will stay high. He’s just a great cash play under 11.5k on DK since he fills up the box score every night, and almost always is a pillar in cash. That’s a big reason his ownership stays so high.

• xdan3220

Cory Joseph on any radars tonight? Only 3,200 on DK, getting consistent minutes in the 20’s, home game against the Knicks so has blowout potential for him to get some extra minutes there, seem’s like he has a good chance to give 7x value and if the blowout happens could be more.

• Kujayhawk20659

@xdan3220 said...

Cory Joseph on any radars tonight? Only 3,200 on DK, getting consistent minutes in the 20’s, home game against the Knicks so has blowout potential for him to get some extra minutes there, seem’s like he has a good chance to give 7x value and if the blowout happens could be more.

I like bayless over him at that price. Same floor but he has a higher ceiling plus an up down game with Boston.
    Well he’s the same price on fd, not sure dk

• finn4

@spades4085 said...

New to NBA dfs, whats the easiest ways to identify chalk plays?

Read a lot of articles online and try to collect as many opinions as you can to see what plays are popular.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@cccalloway said...

I think you have to think in relative terms. He will be underowned compared to normal slate b/c there is more value to be had at PG than other places and he is so highly priced. THink people will see Brow/KD/Wall/etc much cheaper which will lower his ownership some. He will still most likely be about 25-30% owned but certainly lower than normal.

yeah you are probably right. I still put together a ad/RWB/KD lineup that I don’t want to puke over.

• freshtodeathx

@millerto said...

Just saying people see Utah and think low scores and tough d in general.

I know :) I’m from the cleveland area, just defending my boys!

• DFSNewbie

Is Whiteside a must start vs Lakers or should I go cheap in C and pay up in the PG position in FD?

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Usual21 said...

Kemba, Wiggins, Durant, Brow, Olynyk, Ish, Powell, Winslow. I figure the first four should get approximately 180. Hope the next four get 100-110. Too hopeful?

You will probably get some nice pivots from the posters in this thread for posting full lineup. you did it in a sneaky way but there it is. Detlef post incoming.

• S7ubs

@Slugworth said...

I’m going middle of the road with alphabet and Gordon for cash plays. Both should easily hit value +/- a bit.

I like Alpha as well but his price is finally starting to level out. Don’t mind Gordon but damn. I’m talking for Cash sorry forgot to mention that at first

• csandbizzle

@Kujayhawk20659 said...

I like bayless over him at that price. Same floor but he has a higher ceiling plus an up down game with Boston.
    Well he’s the same price on fd, not sure dk

Bayless is 1300 more on DK

• freshtodeathx

@cccalloway said...

You should care as it’s not just Hayward. LBJ may score his 25 pts but he needs his boards/assists/steals to make value. Utah does not turn it over, has great rebounding differentials and plays great D everywhere which limit his assists. It’s not just an individual matchup you are considering especially against a great defensive team.

I think you are giving too much credit to the jazz. The trailblazers shredded that defense in utah, I’d like to think cleveland could easily do the same at home

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@cccalloway said...

Let him roster LBJ

• spades4085

Thanks finn, much appreciated

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@freshtodeathx said...

I know :) I’m from the cleveland area, just defending my boys!

I see now. I do the same for Reggie and Drum. They are making me look good so far!!!

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@DFSNewbie said...

Is Whiteside a must start vs Lakers or should I go cheap in C and pay up in the PG position in FD?

I think so

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).