Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:00 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at Detroit ( -3 ) —- T: 201.5
    6:00 PM EST : Houston ( -3 ) at Indiana ( 3 ) —- T: 222.5
    7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 11.5 ) at Okla City ( -11.5 ) —- T: 206.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• underdawgs

Ryan Anderson on the road. It’s real.
    Assuming Adams sits, Dakari Johnson looked good tp anyone who watched him. Going up against a tired Dallas team with no center, I’ll take a flier on him.
    And virtually every Boston player is viable with no Kyrie.
    Fun slate for only 4 games

• superjon

FD Main is really easy.

Just play 3 line ups. One with Harden, one with RWB, and one with both.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

On DK going with Harden, Drum and Capella and fill in rest. Ok and Dallas could be very slow game. Bos and Tor same or defensive battle.

• RogueGrinder

For me, everything rests on Adams.

• superjon

@RogueGrinder said...

For me, everything rests on Adams.

I like him if he plays. Otherwise I’m just going (A) Capela

• RogueGrinder

@superjon said...

I like him if he plays. Otherwise I’m just going (A) Capela

if he doesn’t play, i may go Paul George.

• superjon

Which is better for FD gpp?

Yogi with Luc Mbah and Thad Young

or

CoJo with Luc Mbah and Sabonis

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

Hey guy’s. Today’s Sunday and with a two game main slate. I planned on discussing two game slates in the blog and doing the usual Play’s & Fades with why of course. But after typing up that topic as well as another one I that I really wanted to touch on I think today is a day for some Reflection, Process and Game Script. I explained in the blog.

11/13/2017 (Monday) The 5th edition will be right back to normal. (already eyeing my player pool hehe.)

For those who already know this information (or have it done automatically) i’m sorry if this bores you.
    Today’s edition is kinda of meant for people who are a little less advantageous

Thanks guys, as always feedback always welcome. Here, the blog, DM, doesn’t matter. I’ll be hopping on once its closer to main slate time… lol probably before that honestly to see whats up with everyone but for sure before main lock on FD. Good luck everyone.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/a-contrarian-s-guide-a-day-of-reflection-process-and-game-scripts-2183728

EDIT*just fixed some* couple sentences as i did this at like 3am last night. A very important paragraph i wanted worded correctly…

• noddy

I haven’t read your blog before but will everyday now KAT. I need to be able to profit at NBA.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@noddy said...

I haven’t read your blog before but will everyday now KAT. I need to be able to profit at NBA.

Yea i Just went and did a reword of important sentences… press refresh or definitely go back to it as a guide if it helps you. Where i go more in depth with the examples i wanted those sentences flawless lol.. i got it up at roughly three a.m. so i was a little tired lol. I wanted the sentences to flow smooth since there’s alot of information there.

But hey, i’m always willing to share man. We’re never 100% right as dfs players but hopefully one or two guys can make a difference from the blog

… and as a side note since i didn’t do the usual… i like RWB over harden especially in cash today. With Paul George. Two game slate is probably the only time to play Russ imo. I like Myles Turner and Oladipo. Today to differentiate I left a total of $700 on the table unused.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@superjon said...

Which is better for FD gpp?

Yogi with Luc Mbah and Thad Young

or

CoJo with Luc Mbah and Sabonis

Man tbh I really like them both for GPP … like equally. If i had to narrow it down though and it was a ‘Gun to the head’ thing…. i’d go with the cojo luc sabonis because the thunder defense… is scarey good.

• underdawgs

KAT thanks for the time and effort putting the blog together. Great stuff. If I win big I’ll DM you and ask what the easiest way to send you money is lol

• noddy

Can you leave both Harden and RWB out of your cash lineup?

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@underdawgs said...

KAT thanks for the time and effort putting the blog together. Great stuff. If I win big I’ll DM you and ask what the easiest way to send you money is lol

lol no reason for the money. I’d take joy in the fact you’d of won. So if you win with this philosophy or some tips throughout the thread definitely DM me as I really want to keep sharing as long as there’s interest. I appreciate it though lol

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@noddy said...

Can you leave both Harden and RWB out of your cash lineup?

You can. But not advised on a small slate. If your playing the two game slate you have to choose at least one. Rostering 1 or both will decided if you come out with money for sure. Roster 0 of them your basically saying they will score less than 40 fps. Keys for small slates is a 45 from RWB won’t hurt you if James Harden goes for 50 fp. It’s actually a little bit in your favor having Russell and additional salary. Going with none of them in your lineup is saying the GPP winner tonight is balanced.

For cash if russell is 70 percent owned and you have him and he fails. Your other plays become what makes the difference. If you don’t have him and he’s 70% owned and he succeeds you only have 30% wiggle room and less chances of finishing in the top 50%. Which is why a lot of people on a two game slate will roster them both tonight. And hope they get the right cheapies to beat half the field. Tonight i’m rostering just one. Because James Harden road/home splits in raw point scoring takes a huge nose dive (Ironically we all know Ryan Andersons road/home splits is a huge increase lol… correlation i touched on yesterdays blog)

The call was to fade Ryan yesterday at home and play Harden.. today for me is the opposite Play ryan and fade harden. But again not having both RWB and Harden is… a bit risky…

try two cash lineups…. one with both… and one with the player you project to get the most fp out of the two.

• Jaseboyhyde

KATburger,
    Thanks for taking the time to start a blog. I enjoy your insight and like to have ideas on what more knowledgeable BB watchers think about people I’m considering.
    The RG optimizer likes Powell today, Is there any reason they keep tossing him in lineups? Back to back with lots of guys seeing a ton of minutes yesterday?
    Curious, have you found the pickem to be fun to play as i have?

• noddy

Right now I don’t have either Harden or RWB in my cash lineup. This is the 4 game slate on DK.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@KATburger said...

I left a total of $700 on the table unused

If i run my gpp lineup i’m looking at currently. I may just go with my cash lineup that utilizes every dollar and play cash tonight but still enter it into a 1$ single entry tournament.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@Jaseboyhyde said...

KATburger,
    Thanks for taking the time to start a blog. I enjoy your insight and like to have ideas on what more knowledgeable BB watchers think about people I’m considering.
    The RG optimizer likes Powell today, Is there any reason they keep tossing him in lineups? Back to back with lots of guys seeing a ton of minutes yesterday?
    Curious, have you found the pickem to be fun to play as i have?

lol i have powell in my cash lineup here right now. The lineup feels GPP worthy but safe real safe for cash. On a points per minute basis I love powell tonight. OKC should win this game handily and allowing more run for a guy like powell. Being the later game of the slate theres always that risk that Dirk could be ruled out for rest also so your bringing huge gpp upside to what was already a great cash lineup.

for the pick’em i just started playing it this week. I’m mainly FD .. so i’m doing free contest to get use to it. Because the DK mess my freebie didn’t enter though. I had another DFS user who messaged me and I gave him the lineup so i’m waiting to see what the score/results were. I went with:

i went James Harden, Nicola Jokic, Aaron Gordon, Kevin Love, Paul Millsap and Harrison Barnes. Not sure what it would have scored but looking at each player they performed well besides Aaron Gordon. Hopefully @cecohr gets on today and lets me know. He did the .25 entry with his lineup and then mine.

Fire up Powell in cash and gpp and get some safe floor players alongside… choose with your projections who score’s more between harden and russ… for gpp for sure… cash like i said you can roster both but it makes every other pick that much more important to be right on. Rostering just one can give you an advantage.

• bangthedrummond

Man I cost myself some dough last night. Had one of my lu in the big .25 contest place 48th – wish I had it in the larger tourneys like the $4 one I usually play. Oh well….small-time blues lol

FD all-day contests suck today. Just a couple in the main for me.

I had Powell plugged in before I noticed RG liked him. Really need Adams news before you make your main slate lines. Probably be a while

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@noddy said...

Right now I don’t have either Harden or RWB in my cash lineup. This is the 4 game slate on DK.

Ahh ok… well it gets tough for me to suggest specifically with DK scoring difference.. but for cash its nice to be with the field more times than not. So targeting the higher scoring games (HOU/IND and DAL/OKC) will be very popular. Have some exposure to guys like Ryan Anderson, Victor Oladipo, Eric Gordon, Myles Turner, Darren Collison, Trevor Ariza … and in okc game Paul George… mixed with your high floor high minute guys you locate on the first two games.

I didn’t research up those first two games today as i’m only on the main slate here on FD. If your stuck between a couple guys feel free to toss them out there whenever and i’ll keep an eye out for the post.

Ultimately though it is risky to fade Harden and RWB today… its basically a gpp stance but depending on how your constructed it could be safe enough for cash if your targeting the right things.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@bangthedrummond said...

FD all-day contests suck today. Just a couple in the main for me.

I had Powell plugged in before I noticed RG liked him. Really need Adams news before you make your main slate lines. Probably be a while

Yea i had powell to.. via basketballmonster Dirk Nowitzki is questionable i didn’t even check for news when making my cash lineup lol.. powell gets minutes tonight because oklahoma should handle there business. Today this lineup goes into $1 single entry and then a few $1 100 player pool 50/50s … so ideally since i like powell for cash even with dirk… i hope dirk news comes out that he’s playing lmao and powell still goes ham for a nice dual cash/gpp lineup lmao.

and FD all day slates are always horrible. Wish they’d split the pools up a bit

• JustWinBaby

RotoWorld is saying Adams is out for Sunday in the ‘Trending Now’ section.
    Announced it last evening

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@JustWinBaby said...

RotoWorld is saying Adams is out for Sunday in the ‘Trending Now’ section.
    Announced it last evening

I have nothing in basketballmonster so i’d hold off. I think it’s likely he doesn’t play, and its safe to construct as if he won’t. But nothing official as of yet on BBM (news) or rotowire for confirmed lineups/news

• noddy

so Powell for cash today?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).