Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:00 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at Detroit ( -3 ) —- T: 201.5
    6:00 PM EST : Houston ( -3 ) at Indiana ( 3 ) —- T: 222.5
    7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 11.5 ) at Okla City ( -11.5 ) —- T: 206.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• teamwillow

Can NBA please have some sort of injury designation or at least require teams to notify player scratches an hour or 2 before tipoff?

• tsouliot

Classic melo screwing me lineup I’ll probably hit 290 with no melo

• tcmitch1

Damn, this sucks… I had Melo in my GPP

• tsouliot

You figure with all the sponsorships with the NBA and DFS they’d have a contract that goes in line with locktimes for these games, or better yet dk goes back to late switch. Last year I had heavy line ups one night with CJ Mccolum, and that was the night the athletic trainer for the blazers didn’t include CJ in the final roster for tip off..by NBA rule he could not play and was made a scratch. Didn’t play DFS for a month after that

• macG31

Hate to say it, but need a big game outta ya Dwight Powell

• TeamTarek

Who misses last year wb?:(

• jadoninc

@KATburger said...

44% in mine too everyone thats tied on FD with my total.. has melo right there but there rocking James Harden w/ Darren Collison Bogdonovic Capela… I have Dennis Smith Jr , RWB so more minutes left on PG for sure Lance Stephenson and Jerami Grant (beats melo by default) .. alright for real this time lol… Overwatch on PS4 … then score check at 830.. and the blog .. go Tim go (my real name lol)

I have jerami gant also only because inthought this dallas team was too old to hang with okc so hed get garbage time minutes. Guess i got lucky with the melo scratch

• incognito11

Does RWB even care? Horrible body language. Losing me so much money this year.

• gaelicgirl

Is Harden still playing up 23?

• Dmo_Htx

I’m 25th in the DK and one right. Need Powell keep going

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Is Harden still playing up 23?

Just got replaced by Bobby Brown

• superstars92

Single entry in the 3 dollar (35k sharpshooter) for the DK 4 game slate with Powell left. Hope I get lucky. Will make up for my miserable NFL day where I lost like every single cash game (full slate, afternoon, etc.). Single entry makes it more sweeter than if I had done like 20 lineups.

• Dmo_Htx

@superstars92 said...

Single entry in the 3 dollar (35k sharpshooter) for the DK 4 game slate with Powell left. Hope I get lucky. Will make up for my miserable NFL day where I lost like every single cash game (full slate, afternoon, etc.). Single entry makes it more sweeter than if I had done like 20 lineups.

He put in good minutes in the first half. Better than I expected

• superstars92

@Dmo_Htx said...

He put in good minutes in the first half. Better than I expected

Yea so I was just taking a chance that Dirk would get rested off a b2b (with the possibility even if Dirk doesn’t get rested, he sees fewer mins giving Powell more mins). If there was a late swap and someone told me that Dirk was playing and playing his normal minutes, I might have swapped out, so I’m glad there was no late swap to make me change my opinion.

• TeamTarek

@incognito11 said...

Does RWB even care? Horrible body language. Losing me so much money this year.

Im 80% on wb cuz its his bday… going to be an expensiv night for me :(

• marker0357

so Bad Thad was just Bad tonight, I guess

• superstars92

Dang Dennis Smith Jr. went from like no one owning him 5 days ago to very chalky the last 2 days.

He’s like the highest owned player on this slate.

I remember talking to KAT about this just 5 days ago when he was like 4% owned. If you go by pure talent (like watching the game), Smith Jr. has more upside than every single player this draft. Huge wingspan, amazing dunker, can shoot the 3 and has a good stroke, and the most athletic player in this draft aside from maybe John Collins. He’s just gotta back it up with stats though.

• superstars92

I’m assuming people are choosing Smith Jr. based on the stats though (last 2 games) and not the fundamental talent. For him, his stats will always lag his talent this season, but if he can develop, his ceiling is higher than that of Lonzo Ball. Not even close too.

• Dmo_Htx

@superstars92 said...

Yea so I was just taking a chance that Dirk would get rested off a b2b (with the possibility even if Dirk doesn’t get rested, he sees fewer mins giving Powell more mins). If there was a late swap and someone told me that Dirk was playing and playing his normal minutes, I might have swapped out, so I’m glad there was no late swap to make me change my opinion.

I was beating myself not going Tarik Black with Nene out but I’m pretty glad I went this way. Like you said, I’m hoping he gets more mins with this being a back to back

• KindGuy

@superstars92 said...

Dang Dennis Smith Jr. went from like no one owning him 5 days ago to very chalky the last 2 days.

He’s like the highest owned player on this slate.

I remember talking to KAT about this just 5 days ago when he was like 4% owned. If you go by pure talent (like watching the game), Smith Jr. has more upside than every single player this draft. Huge wingspan, amazing dunker, can shoot the 3 and has a good stroke, and the most athletic player in this draft aside from maybe John Collins. He’s just gotta back it up with stats though.

Ehhhhhh, I still think Donovan Mitchell is the best talent in this draft and I watch a lot of basketball.

• macG31

Carlisle, get your head outta your ass and put Mathews on the bench

• superstars92

@elementasrat said...

Ehhhhhh, I still think Donovan Mitchell is the best talent in this draft and I watch a lot of basketball.

Mitchell is pretty athletic too and will probably always be the better on ball defender, but I think Smith has an incredible ceiling. He pretty much was #1 on all the athleticism drills in the NBA draft among all guards (48 inch vertical, that’s better than Vince Carter and it’s an NBA record at the combine). I wouldn’t be surprised if he won the slam dunk contest this year. Of course, all this doesn’t matter, but it’s good for measuring ceiling. If he doesn’t work on his skill, none of this matters, but if fills out his skill (passing, 3 point shooting, etc.) the athleticism can allow him to be in elite category. Or he can be Stevie Francis and be kind of a bust.

Keep in mind both Mitchell and Smith played in the ACC last year. Smith put up better numbers across the board vs. the same competition, but of course, Mitchell made the NCAA tourney and Smith didn’t (but Louisville had a better team). Mitchell did do a lot better vs. Smith in the game they played against each other in.

Let’s check back in in 3 years. 1 year is not enough and definitely not 15 games. James Harden was terrible his rookie year and PG13 was even worse. Tyreke Evans did like 20/5/5 his rookie year (4th pick in Harden’s draft), Brandon Jennings did 15/6/3 his rookie year including an epic 55 point game (10th pick in Harden’s draft), and Harden did like 10/3/2 (3rd pick), and now look at them now.

• wmccullough10

That Melo scratch is brutal. I’ve been on the losing end the past few days, and had a lineup that would have cashed if he played. Absolutely brutal.

• KindGuy

@superstars92 said...

Keep in mind both Mitchell and Smith played in the ACC last year. Smith put up better numbers across the board vs. the same competition, but of course, Mitchell made the NCAA tourney and Smith didn’t (but Louisville had a better team). Mitchell did do a lot better vs. Smith in the game they played against each other in.

I just remember watching Mitchell vs Duke and in the NCAA tourney thinking to myself “How have I never heard of this dude before?“His defense on Grayson Allen was amazing and I became a huge fan rightaway.

• superstars92

@elementasrat said...

I just remember watching Mitchell vs Duke and in the NCAA tourney thinking to myself “How have I never heard of this dude before?“His defense on Grayson Allen was amazing and I became a huge fan rightaway.

Yea Mitchell is already a very good defender. He’ll always be a good rotation player in the NBA at worse, with the upside of a great player (this is why Danny Green is so valuable…I hate it when people crap on Danny Green they don’t realize how useful he is as a defender/3 point shooter). Smith might be great or he can be like Steve Francis, so much talent and out of the NBA in less than 10 years.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).