7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Indiana ( -3 ) —- T: 212.5
    7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 11 ) at Philadelphia ( -11 ) —- T: 214.5
    7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 7 ) at Miami ( -7 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 6 ) at Chicago ( -6 ) —- T: 213
    9:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 6.5 ) at Utah ( -6.5 ) —- T: 217
    9:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -4 ) at Phoenix ( 4 ) —- T: 219.5
    9:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 12 ) at Denver ( -12 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1 ) at Sacramento ( -1 ) —- T: 226

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

Welcome to Cory Joseph chalk day. This usually does not turn out well.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

Welcome to Cory Joseph chalk day. This usually does not turn out well.

Ya…even he is worse with Fox off the court. Only guys who have been better have been Bogdan and Dedmon. They aren’t lacking for guys who can dribble the ball up the floor but defending Dame will probably be a challenge

• Ace15

What a monster slate. So many solid plays and cheap pricing too. Some early thoughts.

1. CoJo – Can see reason to play him, but because the slate is pretty big I don’t see it essential to locking him in either. He’s been in this spot a lot and usually is a bum. Just going off past season experience.

2. Jokic Lock. Price is a joke on both sites lol.

3. Depending on Adams news, Noel should be a lock as well if Adams is out.

4, Can we go back to Bobby P revenge game, back in CHI for the first time.

5. I think you might have to play Lebron. Should be pissed and PHX better than expected.

• TrustinthePlan

Hmm, Embiid is enticing too at Center with Horford being rested.

• Ndepompei

@TrustinthePlan said...

especially if simmons sits too

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Congrats to Carroll_Hardy for taking 1st in the Forum contest last night

Here is the link to tonight’s contest

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/80656495

• Ace15

@TrustinthePlan said...

Might want to just play Thompson who will be cheaper and likely not that far behind Joel from a ttl pts standpoint at the end of the night. TT matches up pretty well with Joel. Prefer JRICH from that game.

• monarch

Really like Embiid. If Simmons sits then I will also like J Rich. Gary Harris is a reasonable pivot off Cojo for 800 more on DK, especially against ATL.

• Ace15

Hood @3400…..Jam in Hood Cojo with studs and call it a night. Center is stacked. Whiteside in a smashpot as well. Jokic/Whiteside/Gobert/Noel/Thompson/Drummond all viable.

• Ndepompei

How many minutes does Mike Scott get with Horford out? If it’s over 20 I’ll have some of him tonight

• TrustinthePlan

@Ndepompei said...

How many minutes does Mike Scott get with Horford out? If it’s over 20 I’ll have some of him tonight

I strongly suspect Scott and O’Quinn will split time at the 4 tonight especially if Simmons sits. If Simmons plays, then I suspect they may play Toby at the 4 for a bit.

• Ndepompei

@TrustinthePlan said...

I strongly suspect Scott and O’Quinn will split time at the 4 tonight especially if Simmons sits. If Simmons plays, then I suspect they may play Toby at the 4 for a bit.

yeah I’m thinking a lot of Scott if Simmons sits because they’ll need O’Quinn to back up Embiid too

• monarch

It’s going to be a really high scoring night. DK dropped the ball on so many all star caliber players that IMO it is not necessary to go to thin plays tonight.

• TrustinthePlan

@Ndepompei said...

yeah I’m thinking a lot of Scott if Simmons sits because they’ll need O’Quinn to back up Embiid too

Yes very true. The only other 4 that they have would be Bolden if they only use O’Quinn to back up Embiid.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

It’s going to be a really high scoring night. DK dropped the ball on so many all star caliber players that IMO it is not necessary to go to thin plays tonight.

Like who? Everybody looks pretty fairly priced to me for the production they’ve been offering. I suppose I would question why they refuse to raise Trae’s price, but outside of him, everyone that’s priced down, Drum, Jokic, Embiid, and so on have sucked lately.

• monarch

Panda…if we can remove recency bias and just look at the price of the player and spot…

Rudy Gobert-7500 vs the Nets

Lauri Markannen-6400 vs Julius Randle

Jokic-8300

Gary Harris-4500 vs Hawks

Coby White-4100 despite taking 29 shots the past two games and 1/13 from deep

Rj Barrett-the cheapest he has been this season

Joel Embiid- 9400 and 1.9 FPPM with Horford off this season

Jamal Murray- 6300, the cheapest he has been all season vs the Hawks

All of these guys will be more expensive most of this season going forward. Lauri will hit above 8k and can literally 10x this price. Marcus Morris can crush 6300 at 38 minutes vs no Otto. Portis looks pretty good. There are a ton of plays.

• Ace15

@monarch said...

if we can remove recency bias and just look at the price of the player and spot…

Agreed, love all those guys you listed. Jokic has been playing well as of late too. Get him before hes 10K . I’m targeting guys who are playing below their true value.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

I just scrolled through there and I dont see much. Jokic, Whiteside, and Embiid are good deals to me. Bobby P I’ll just lock in since he isnt priced correctly for this matchup. Did I miss anyone else?

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

Panda…if we can remove recency bias and just look at the price of the player and spot…

Rudy Gobert-7500 vs the Nets

Lauri Markannen-6400 vs Julius Randle

Jokic-8300

Gary Harris-4500 vs Hawks

Coby White-4100 despite taking 33 shots the past two games.

Rj Barrett-the cheapest he has been this season

Joel Embiid- 9400 and 1.9 FPPM with Horford off this season

Jamal Murray- 6300, the cheapest he has been all season vs the Hawks

All of these guys will be more expensive most of this season going forward. Lauri will hit above 8k and can literally 10x this price. Marcus Morris can crush 6300 at 38 minutes vs no Otto. Portis looks pretty good. There are a ton of plays.

No, I agree that history shows they’re worth more than their current prices. Guys should be priced for their recent production though. Murray is always super volatile and should never be much more than his current price. Harris rarely flashes major upside, so although that price is on the low side, it’s not some can’t miss play when his usual outcome is in the 25-28 range. Coby White can take 20 shots a game, but if he’s only going to make 30% of his shots it doesn’t mean a lot. Lauri has like 2 games in his last 20+ going back to last year that were worth anything.

Barrett I expect to bounce back, but 5.9K isn’t far from his low 6K range he has been most of the season where he’s sensible. Jokic probably should have gotten a boost after finally breaking through last game, but again on a whole he’s volatile and is so peripheral dependent he’s very hit and miss. Embiid’s been in good spots this year and failed. He just did against Charlotte.

I guess my overall point is, if everyone was priced for their ceiling you wouldn’t be able to afford anybody. You’re pointing on what these guys could do at their price, not what they’re most likely to do. You price guys for their likely mid-range outcome. These prices represent that for the most part so I don’t see the value you do. I mean Kyrie is 9.3K. He could get 40 or 65. Is he under priced, because he could get 65? Or is he over priced because he could only get 40?

• JSteele

Looking strictly at DvP the players in the best spot are:

PG:
    1. Mike Conley
    2. Dame Lillard
    3. Cory Joseph
    4. Kendrick Nunn
    5. Ben Simmons #raul-neto)Raul Neto”:/players/raul-neto-31821

SG:
    1. Gary Harris
    2. Devin Booker
    3. Donovan Mitchell
    4. Josh Richardson
    5. Zach Lavine

SF:
    1. Will Barton
    2. Rodney Hood
    3. Tobias Harris
    4. Jimmy Butler
    5. Harrison Barnes

PF:
    1. Julius Randle
    2. Blake Griffin
    3. Bam Adebayo #meyers-leonard)Meyers Leonard”:/players/meyers-leonard-13905 (depending on how you look at it)
    4. Nemanja Bjelica
    5. Philadelphia (I’m guessing this spot will be Tobias Harris but not sure yet)

C:
    1. Rudy Gobert
    2. Richaun Holmes
    3. Steven Adams #nerlens-noel)Nerlens Noel”:/players/nerlens-noel-18575
    4. Mitchell Robinson #bobby-portis)Bobby Portis”:/players/bobby-portis-18909
    5. Javale/Dwight

• Jeddy3

I think you can game stack the Chi-NY game and call it a day.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

everyone that’s priced down, Drum, Jokic, Embiid, and so on have sucked lately.

You’re right, they have sucked, but they don’t suck, and they’re cheap for what we know they can do. I think the night will be higher scoring as well. Not super high scoring, yet higher than the 275-280 min cash from last night. Probably 300-ish min cash.

• JSteele

@WillyWongka said...

Trey Burke?

If Simmons is out again he makes a fine play as a pivot over CoJo chalk.

• Pandamonious

@Njsum1 said...

You’re right, they have sucked, but they don’t suck, and they’re cheap for what we know they can do. I think the night will be higher scoring as well. Not super high scoring, yet higher than the 275-280 min cash from last night. Probably 300-ish min cash.

Yeah, I agree with that, but some of these guys results may be more than a flash in the pan trend. It could be something more permanent based on current roles. Like Lauri with changes in the Bulls roster, and Embiid with the addition of Horford, although I’m aware Horford is out tonight. I’m just saying loading up on guys who are under priced for what they did last season is more likely a mistake then a good idea. However having exposure in general could work, but I wouldn’t build a line up with Murray/Harris/Jokic/Lauri/Barrett/Embiid either.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).