7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Indiana ( -3 ) —- T: 212.5
    7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 11 ) at Philadelphia ( -11 ) —- T: 214.5
    7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 7 ) at Miami ( -7 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 6 ) at Chicago ( -6 ) —- T: 213
    9:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 6.5 ) at Utah ( -6.5 ) —- T: 217
    9:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -4 ) at Phoenix ( 4 ) —- T: 219.5
    9:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 12 ) at Denver ( -12 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1 ) at Sacramento ( -1 ) —- T: 226

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I looked at that, but I’d rather play a SE contest with a chance to win $1000 than a max entry to win $400

For me it is strictly a volume play. Max enter that thing for $37.50 and never lose more than 10 bucks on a bad day. Average day you break even. Good day you return $50 or $60. Above average day about $100. Four or five times a season take the thing down and have other high entries and win a grand or so. Actually funds my other entries. They also have a nickel piggy bank shot this year. You can max that sucker for $7.50

• captainwacky

@realphipps said...

Bobbi Portia tonight

Man, it’s like a 2 part checklist for Portis: Is it a weekday, and could he possibly be made about something? This is the best weekday and most angry he could be! C’mon, Mr. Portis!

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Thanks. Planning on going back to the full game-by-game approach tomorrow.

I think I like your tournament theory – pivot format better. Today was great. Slate begging you to pay down at guard and stack high priced centers. That was completely the right advice. Game by game is already available through the grind down. IMHO your game theory discussion and pivots is better. Just my opinion though.

• tmarohl

Towns is too cheap tomorrow and I know he will actually play. Price down $700

• Petergunz82

@Pandamonious said...

I wouldn’t be surprised if he sat.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Embiid sits, just because. Clippers on the front end of a B2B, does Kawhi sit?

And PG13 gonna make his debut

• tmarohl

@Petergunz82 said...

And PG13 gonna make his debut

I think PG13 is debuting on Thursday.

• Petergunz82

@tmarohl said...

I think PG13 is debuting on Thursday.

Yeah you may be right. It’s something we should know pretty early.

Early look at DK pricing has me liking JJJ and Kanter, especially if Theis sits. Jackson Jr. scares me to the point I wish they had priced him up after his performance last game. At 4800 he’s gonna be chalky

• Micah831

I only played my free entry for having Ingram last night and because of you guys I placed 6,000 out of 35,000 for a grand winning total of $1.00! That’s a winning night folks. My bad pick was Tobias tonight

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

I think I like your tournament theory – pivot format better. Today was great. Slate begging you to pay down at guard and stack high priced centers. That was completely the right advice. Game by game is already available through the grind down. IMHO your game theory discussion and pivots is better. Just my opinion though.

Thanks. I think the ultimate goal for me is to combine them. Doing a quicker/shorter yet worthwhile informative game by game break down then wrapping it all together with more strategy and theory. Basically when I do the breakdown in google docs it ends up being 9 pages. Obviously a big part of that is just listing the games/stats/plays from each game, but I’d like to cut it down to 6 or 7 pages, then 2 or 3 pages of theory. Like, right now it’s at 6 pages for tomorrow, with all the stats and stuff thrown in and I have my notes for each game that will become my actual write up, I just have to actually write it.

One thing I’d argue RG is missing is that kind of piece for NBA, which is what I’m working towards. We’re loaded with NFL content. MLB has the grind down and still has Cheese’s more tournament strategy, breakdown article. NBA has no real secondary article discussing different builds and game theory for GPP, it’s just the core plays cash piece with a tournament pivot, which is good for what it is, but it seems like there could be something more GPP-centric out there.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Thanks. I think the ultimate goal for me is to combine them. Doing a quicker/shorter yet worthwhile informative game by game break down then wrapping it all together with more strategy and theory. Basically when I do the breakdown in google docs it ends up being 9 pages. Obviously a big part of that is just listing the games/stats/plays from each game, but I’d like to cut it down to 6 or 7 pages, then 2 or 3 pages of theory. Like, right now it’s at 6 pages for tomorrow, with all the stats and stuff thrown in and I have my notes for each game that will become my actual write up, I just have to actually write it.

One thing I’d argue RG is missing is that kind of piece for NBA, which is what I’m working towards. We’re loaded with NFL content. MLB has the grind down and still has Cheese’s more tournament strategy, breakdown article. NBA has no real secondary article discussing different builds and game theory for GPP, it’s just the core plays cash piece with a tournament pivot, which is good for what it is, but it seems like there could be something more GPP-centric out there.

What I like, is only forum readers see your stuff. I don’t play many cash games, so Meansy’s stuff, The core plays, while good, is the fade list for me most days. Grind Down, I love Noto’s stuff, but I know it still is slanted towards cash games. Most MLB content is completely useless, just educated guesses, because there is so much variance in the sport. NFL, I know that is the money maker for Rotogrinders, but I have virtually no interest in NFL once NBA starts up.

• tmarohl

Tomorrow is probably Ben McLemore chalk day. Probably not much better than CoJo chalk day, but cheap enought htat I can take a few shots on DK.

• miggs6876

@gaelicgirl said...

Correction: won $10 in the main Dribbler, which is even harder…56th out of 16,666

That’s it? Doesn’t seem right.

• miggs6876

@BerkeleyBoss said...

Finally broke my losing streak this season and took 2nd in the Baller on Yahoo for $2500 woo!

👍

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

On another note, I am really glad to see Jabari playing well. He probably has earned a starting spot once Collins comes back. They could be like Phoenix of years past with a lot of offensive fire power and no D.

I played him tonight. He did ok. I cashed at a fd score of 315. Hutch and Barnes hurt my lu. I was heavy on Phoenix and Sac tonight.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

For me it is strictly a volume play. Max enter that thing for $37.50 and never lose more than 10 bucks on a bad day. Average day you break even. Good day you return $50 or $60. Above average day about $100. Four or five times a season take the thing down and have other high entries and win a grand or so. Actually funds my other entries. They also have a nickel piggy bank shot this year. You can max that sucker for $7.50

I play the 25c entry often. I see your name at the top every once in awhile. Good job. Im hoping to take down the $1 or $2 single entry gpps.

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

I play the 25c entry often. I see your name at the top every once in awhile. Good job. Im hoping to take down the $1 or $2 single entry gpps.

I need to play more of those single entrys.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

I liked it too. It gives me another way or option to construct my lu. It would be great to switch it up between the 2. Panda your info is great. Appreciate it. Feel like im reading a version of the grind down. Hope you don’t go premium.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

I need to play more of those single entrys.

I’m pretty confident you would do well.

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

I’m pretty confident you would do well.

I never know which lineup to pick.

• tmarohl

Anthony Davis (PF/C) | LAL
    Ribs11/13/19 3:27 AM
    Anthony Davis uncertain for Wednesday.
    Davis had X-rays on his ribs following Tuesday’s win (which came back negative) and will be re-evaluated on Wednesday to determine his status vs. the Warriors.

• emoney1214

Have a monster entry tonight and really would not rather deal with this.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).