NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( -6.5 ) at Cleveland ( 6.5 ) —- T: 219.5
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ehylton

@vick325 said...

lol

• dmbtrip2004

@vick325 said...

WINNER

• mtdurham

@gaelicgirl said...

Please forgive me for being slow, but I’m not understanding this comment at all. Why would Joker have to play 30 feet from the basket, are you implying that he’d be guarding Harden? Why wouldn’t he be playing near the basket, and trying to stop Capela?

because thats how the Rockets play basketball. they put you in the PNR until they force a bad switch and then they iso….

this is why jordan bell kept fouling on every play in the WCF last year…

• mattyice522

@Pandamonious said...

Parker/Harden/Smith/Durant/Millsap.

I am not sold on millsap after he returns to his old self for one game

• casper

@hobbes2d said...

JR Smith off injury report per Labs.

He shot 17 times in his last start vrs OKC but only 5 went in if Korver sits he could play 35 min and take 20 shots.He’s not afraid to shot but he is bad at basketball which is problematic.

• mtdurham

@Beckhams3Fingers said...

That’s the thing about Fultz. Mentally he has lost it. It’s not about his talent. But when a guy loses it mentally, he’s done. That’s why I’m saying he’ll be out of the league within 2 years. He’ll end up in Europe or China. See Starbury lol

It’s definitely not out of the realm of possibility. He’s got a giant mental block and he’s really, really bad right now.

While a guy is young teams will take chances but once he hits mid 20’s if he’s still not any good teams would usually prefer to take chances on a new young guy with upside or a steady veteran they can depend on to execute.

He has the size to stick around in the league for a decade if his skills ever improve, but thats certainly not a given at this point.

I think we’ve reached the point where we can say with near certainty that he’s a bust, it’s just a matter of how big of a bust he is…

He never really made any sense as the #1 overall pick anyway… when you can’t lead an NCAA team to a top #100 ranked offense in opponent adjusted efficiency as a Point Guard it’s a safe bet you are not a future star…

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@mattyice522 said...

My interest in Millsap has more to do with 3 games and match up then what the did last game. It’s nice to see though. He also has multiple 34+ FP games from earlier this year. I get the hesitation. That’s for DK too, which I failed to mention. If I recall correctly you’re an FD guy.

• monarch

@mattyice522 said...

Denver was smart to feature him vs Giannis, cutting down on his DREB opportunities and run out chances. Ultimately it wasn’t enough. I dont think he will have the same usage tonight but he is their best front court player to combat the way the Rockets play. He should get 28 minutes

• Njsum1

@mattyice522 said...

Past performance always guarantees future results. That’s how GPPs are won and dreams come true 😎

All jokes aside… Milsap is cheap on DK and worth a look…imo

• dominicanpapi

Gallagher’s NBA Matchups article is so clutch. He made re-think not playing Len. I took a look at last night’s shot chart of the Warriors-Clippers game and granted IDK if this is a trend or not, but it appears the majority of GSW’s shot attempts came from like 8 feet away from the basket and out. In theory, that would mean Len is less likely to get into foul trouble, especially considering how bad Atlanta is at defending the 3.

• mattyice522

@Pandamonious said...

My interest in Millsap has more to do with 3 games and match up then what the did last game. It’s nice to see though. He also has multiple 34+ FP games from earlier this year. I get the hesitation. That’s for DK too, which I failed to mention. If I recall correctly you’re an FD guy.

yup fd all the way. can’t take the night theme on DK

• mbunner23

@mattyice522 said...

yup fd all the way. can’t take the night theme on DK

Love the night theme….

• Idontknow

This gonna be an Alex Len game orrr

• gaelicgirl

@kbsktbll88 said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLxCafEIjoU

LOL Of course!

• keephustlincuz

@dominicanpapi said...

Gallagher’s NBA Matchups article is so clutch. He made re-think not playing Len. I took a look at last night’s shot chart of the Warriors-Clippers game and granted IDK if this is a trend or not, but it appears the majority of GSW’s shot attempts came from like 8 feet away from the basket and out. In theory, that would mean Len is less likely to get into foul trouble, especially considering how bad Atlanta is at defending the 3.

Looks like dedmon won’t be around. That probably means another 5 minutes for len.

Given his price I think he is a nice play.

• Beckhams3Fingers

@eatmyturf23 said...

Did you hear the NBA Radio discussion on SiriusXM this morning? I’m guessing that spurred your thoughts on this? :)

I didn’t. Purely my own observation, but obviously I’m not going out on a limb here at all. It’s painfully obvious. And, I don’t mean to make light of mental issues, I apologize if it seemed I was. I take mental health issues very seriously.

I feel bad for Fultz bottom line.

• Jonas137

@Ndepompei said...

Bacon got good run in 1 game but it was when everyone was playing terrible and he was playing decent. DNP-CD the next game. He should get some run tonight but I like bridges more

Casey mentioned that Bacon is really putting pressure on him for minutes with his recent play. He does play more when Batum struggles though, so Bridges I believe would be the correct play for MKG sitting. I think they both can be good plays in the game though.

• wilke7425

Is there not any interest in Trae with fresh legs facing a tired warrior team?

• smokeyca14

M. Bridges…

• mtdurham

I think I’m gonna start resizing the league contests down to 40.. annoying sweating them to fill up every night lol

• kbsktbll88

@wilke7425 said...

Is there not any interest in Trae with fresh legs facing a tired warrior team?

Imagine the narrative.. the guy said to be the next Steph Curry playing in Oracle arena with no Steph Curry.

But yeah I’ll probably pass.

• gaelicgirl

@monarch said...

There is no Warriors Way when Steph is out. Dray tries to keep that culture going but KD realizes it’s not their best chance of winning and that’s where they have problems. They are both right to an extent

Yep, without Steph’s gravity Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; mere anarchy is loosed upon the court…

(with apologies to W.B. Yeats)

• Mcdonacr

Stack the Hawks across the board

Young, Bazemore, Prince, Len and run it back with KD or Klay. The pace in this one should be nuts

The upside for the Hawks starters is enormous if this game stays close. Prince and Young should see solid minutes even in a blowout

• Ace15

Damn im all in tonight this going to be a yolo night for me. Jamal murray 50 burger anyone? Keep landing on larry nance as well

• wilke7425

@mtdurham said...

I think I’m gonna start resizing the league contests down to 40.. annoying sweating them to fill up every night lol

Hey MT if it makes you feel any better the RG league isn’t doing any better. We can’t even get 15 guys.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).