7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -6 ) at New York ( 6 ) —- T: 201
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( -1.5 ) at Boston ( 1.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 13.5 ) at Okla City ( -13.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 7 ) at Chicago ( -7 ) —- T: 199
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 7 ) at Memphis ( -7 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 8 ) at Dallas ( -8 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5.5 ) at Denver ( 5.5 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 6.5 ) at Sacramento ( -6.5 ) —- T: 205.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• bangthedrummond

@DillonLoomis said...

Starting to like Swaggy P vs. Dallas with Kobe out…anyone else?

Sweet Lou for me…

• TheFansDooler

Such a hit or miss.

• cdaus8989

@whitnall said...

I hate playing any Magic players with Skiles rotation tendencies but no Oladipo tonight and no Watson anybody thinking about Super Mario as a 3k punt?

Roster at your own discretion. I can’t even describe how many times Skiles has burned me this season with what seemed like very good plays. Even last game, I knew Skiles couldn’t be trusted but against the Lakers with no CJ Watson I felt like I had to fire up Elfried in my lineups. Granted Elfrid did have a poor shooting night, but he was having a good all around game besides that. Somehow Skiles still managed to find a way to play Shabazz Napier more minutes than Elfrid.

• millerto

@tr_baskin said...

What value do you guys use to establish a floor for your team? Im kind of lost on how to do that.

Take the players last 5 games, throw out any major outliers if needed. Get an average. Subtract a little just in case. Factor in matchup and add or subtract a couple based on that. Try to get a feel for minutes played. Will they be up or down? Factor that in. Throw in some gut feel and a little voodoo, Voila, each players floor. Add em all up and see where you team is at. Don’t go in assuming “THIS GUY GONNA GET ME 70 FOR SURE” Put your homer glasses aside and reason it out. If a guy has huge variance like 8 points in some games and 35 in others, then you know what you’re getting.

Do the same thing, only different to get a ceiling. If your lineup has a floor of 210 and a ceiling of 390, well you’re gonna either win the big money or lose your dollar. Figure out your threshold for this risk and find a lineup that suits it.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@cdaus8989 said...

Roster at your own discretion. I can’t even describe how many times Skiles has burned me this season with what seemed like very good plays. Even last game, I knew Skiles couldn’t be trusted but against the Lakers with no CJ Watson I felt like I had to fire up Elfried in my lineups. Granted Elfrid did have a poor shooting night, but he was having a good all around game besides that. Somehow Skiles still managed to find a way to play Shabazz Napier more minutes than Elfrid.

All the FOURNIER

• cdaus8989

@AsylumErmine said...

I’m building around LeBron tonight It wouldn’t surprise me if he has 50 game points tonight. 70-80 FP’s

It would very much surprise me if he had 50 real life points. However I don’t think that’s a bad play by any means. A lot of people have been sleeping on Lebron so far. He’s still LeBron, still has a very high floor, and could still go off any night.
    P.S. just make sure the Cavs aren’t wearing the sleeved jerseys tonight!

• tr_baskin

@millerto said...

Take the players last 5 games, throw out any major outliers if needed. Get an average. Subtract a little just in case. Factor in matchup and add or subtract a couple based on that. Try to get a feel for minutes played. Will they be up or down? Factor that in. Throw in some gut feel and a little voodoo, Voila, each players floor. Add em all up and see where you team is at. Don’t go in assuming “THIS GUY GONNA GET ME 70 FOR SURE” Put your homer glasses aside and reason it out. If a guy has huge variance like 8 points in some games and 35 in others, then you know what you’re getting.

Do the same thing, only different to get a ceiling. If your lineup has a floor of 210 and a ceiling of 390, well you’re gonna either win the big money or lose your dollar. Figure out your threshold for this risk and find a lineup that suits it.

Good explanation.. Thanks

• cdaus8989

@kbarnhill7523 said...

All the FOURNIER

Yeah, he does seem to love Don’t Google

• Kujayhawk20659

@millerto said...

100% how I do it.

• Dorr185

I’m taking lots of Ed Davis tonight. The Portland/Memphis game looks like the one to avoid, but at $4700 on FD and the possibility of 30+ minutes, hard for me not to take Davis. I think he’ll ball hard for the next month with Leonard is out to make a case for a permanent starting position (he’s better than Leonard anyways IMHO)

• KRD227

I like Davis too…be careful though he’s foul prone

• cccalloway

@Kujayhawk20659 said...

If you think looking at 5 games can establish a floor, you are doing it wrong.

• Lionfan22

I like my LU for the most part tonight, however I can’t decide between Dwight Powell against a weak Lakers frontcourt, especially their bench frontcourt, or Luis Scola, I’m leaning towards Dwight Powell.

• Sportsfreak52

anyone like Al Jefferson today? Playing the bulls and they are dead last aganist centers

• millerto

@cccalloway said...

If you think looking at 5 games can establish a floor, you are doing it wrong.

That’s where the voodoo and gut feel comes in, right? :)

But seriously, we’re like 8 games into the season. I take the last 5 because I wanna know how that player is doing recently. Obviously you can’t take a straight average because you need to see the highs and lows and understand why, but it’s a starting point and I believe that’s what he was asking for. Everybody has to build their own logic here.

• millerto

@Sportsfreak52 said...

anyone like Al Jefferson today? Playing the bulls and they are dead last aganist centers

Nope. Just a personal thing. I never like Al Jefferson. Too sporadic for me. Could be a good GPP play though as he’ll surely be low owned with all the other centers out there today.

But he’s the higher price than Kanter, Okafor, Valunciunas, and Zaza.

• skelitor78

any books that have helped you guys…

• millerto

@skelitor78 said...

any books that have helped you guys…

I like that one where the dog dies in the end.

The only way I have found to get any better at this is to look at the winning lineups every single night. And try to reason out in your own way why those guys did what they did. Find the common threads, like 80% of the winning lineups had ______ in them. What led them to pick him?

And then look at your own lineups. Find that guy that you just knew was a great pick but wasn’t. Figure out where you went wrong.

You can’t win all the time or probably even most of the time, but you can start seeing a better pattern of consistency.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Theewl2 said...

Bjelica or Crowder..? They seem similar but idk how their matchups would affect their performances.

So look at the matchup

• millerto

@slpanthers24 said...

So look at the matchup

One plays for Brad Stevens and the other doesn’t.

• KRD227

I may be singing aCapella if Dwight is out tonight

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

If hood doesn’t play i might be all in one burks.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@KRD227 said...

I may be singing aCapella if Dwight is out tonight

Dwight is in per rotoworld

• tonytone1908

Anyone know why Bojan Bogdanovich got so much run last game?

• Kujayhawk20659

Anyone watch Nets games? I’m wondering why T-Rob doesn’t get more minutes. He looks to be getting at least a fantasy point per minute.
    Gosh he was awesome at Kansas

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).