7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -6 ) at New York ( 6 ) —- T: 201
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( -1.5 ) at Boston ( 1.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 13.5 ) at Okla City ( -13.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 7 ) at Chicago ( -7 ) —- T: 199
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 7 ) at Memphis ( -7 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 8 ) at Dallas ( -8 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5.5 ) at Denver ( 5.5 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 6.5 ) at Sacramento ( -6.5 ) —- T: 205.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• TheWombat24

Congrats Sixers!

• tonytone1908

@Aurren said...

Just stop. RWB has a ridiculous floor and ceiling. Winning lineup had RWB and cousins and only had 2 punt plays. When you get to players above 10k, the valuation rules are just different for them. Anytime you can bank the top scorer in any position then you have a really good start to a GPP winning lineup. The winning lineups will have 7x, 8x, 10x plays, but it’s the 10k+ player who only gets 5-6x value that’s the foundation of the lineup. If at the end of the night, RWB scores 70 then I wouldn’t have been the least bit surprised, I would’ve just shaken my head and said “yep, that sounds standard.” That’s why RBW was a great play tonight. On a slate this large, it wasn’t that hard to find a decent supporting cast; no idea what you spent your salary on.

The valuation rules are DEFINITELY different when it comes to EXTREMELY high owned players. If he’s only 20% owned then 5x is great but if he’s 60% owned like he was in the Slam you need more than that. People were EXPECTING more than that. People were expecting another 90 burger. If you were expecting only 5x, which most people here weren’t you wouldn’t have played him.

Of course, tonight my theory was totally wrong and there were some cheap low owned plays that I never even had on my radar and I’m sure most of you didn’t either. If I were multi entering than yeah, he’d be in at least half my LU’s but from what I read most people here only do 1. If you only do 1 and avoided him I’m sure you still had a decent night.

• Bhay99

@tonytone1908 said...

The valuation rules are DEFINITELY different when it comes to EXTREMELY high owned players. If he’s only 20% owned then 5x is great but if he’s 60% owned like he was in the Slam you need more than that. People were EXPECTING more than that. People were expecting another 90 burger. If you were expecting only 5x, which most people here weren’t you wouldn’t have played him.

Of course, tonight my theory was totally wrong and there were some cheap low owned plays that I never even had on my radar and I’m sure most of you didn’t either. If I were multi entering than yeah, he’d be in at least half my LU’s but from what I read most people here only do 1. If you only do 1 and avoided him I’m sure you still had a decent night.

Anyone who is expecting 90 from any player is a moron. There’s a reason it’s called a ceiling. Stop exaggerating.

• Ibleedblue1

Cashed 21/29 line ups in the $.25 arcade with Capela in ever line up….. WEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gonna brag a little. Went with 5 locks in ever line up

Westy
    Capela
    Waiters
    Fournier
    Rondo

Kinda pleased

• TeamTwerk

@mbyrd75 said...

I did that and got burned by scola. lol. Johnson plays for boston now..

Oh that’s right. He’s in that big Boston rotation . Hopefully he keeps starting and getting minutes. It worked out good for the team today.

• tonytone1908

@Bhay99 said...

Anyone who is expecting 90 from any player is a moron. There’s a reason it’s called a ceiling. Stop exaggerating.

Ugh. I give up. Things worked out tonight and I was wrong in saying he wouldn’t be in the winning LU.

I simply said not to expect a repeat of the last meeting.

• gosixersgo76

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

Thank you guys for all the congrats. I’ll try not to complain in the chat for at least a week lol

• cdaus8989

@TeamTwerk said...

Oh that’s right. He’s in that big Boston rotation . Hopefully he keeps starting and getting minutes. It worked out good today.

Don’t hold your breath

• chronoxiong

About the Westbrook argument, I agree that he needs to hit about 60-70 fdp to hit value at his price tag. However, last season I kept beating that argument to my head and faded Westbrook on a lot of the nights he played when he was 12k. That decision did ended up costing me in a lot of my 50/50s and it lead to a downward spiral of my bankroll as the season finished. So because of that, I felt like Westbrook was a must play and I don’t care how many points he finishes with because he was going to be highly owned anyways. To see him and Rondo in the winning Slam lineup only establishes the argument. Congrats Sixers on your Slam win. Awesome lineup!

Anyways, I won all my 50/50s tonight and minimum GPP cash in the Swat, Dribbler and Shot. I fell short in the Slam by a few points. Thanks a lot Omri Casspi for sucking tonight. And Kevin McHale not starting Marcus Thornton trolled a lot of us.

• tonytone1908

If Westbrook this year was near as good as the Westbrook we saw last year, he would have got 80 tonight. He’s not as good as last year. He didn’t get 80. His shots are off, he can’t hit layups, he can’t hit 3’s, and his assists will go down cause no one else can shoot. Have fun with the “long term”.

• gosixersgo76

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #9

RG Tiered Ranking

@tonytone1908 said...

If Westbrook this year was near as good as the Westbrook we saw last year, he would have got 80 tonight. He’s not as good as last year. He didn’t get 80. His shots are off, he can’t hit layups, he can’t hit 3’s, and his assists will go down cause no one else can shoot. Have fun with the “long term”.

The Sixers play at a pretty slow pace and Okafor/Noel clog the lane and block shots. Guarantee Westbrook averages 60+ DK points for this Durantless stint. Last year I got cute and almost always faded Westy when Durant was out because Westy was so expensive. This time I’m playing Westbrook every night in majority of lineups. He’s just too good.

• KushBush

BOOOOOOOGIE RONDO AND WESTY $$$$$

• rickysabogal

Great job GoSixers! Good to see our discussions and idea sharing on this forum helps! Take another one down!!!

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

Had 309 with Thornton, Bjelica and Anderson. it was a night when the studs worked out and the punts—not so much. Crowder and Pachilua worked out though. Won all my cash and finally cashed in the RG daily.

• millerto

@Dmurphy104 said...

Had 309 with Thornton, Bjelica and Anderson. it was a night when the studs worked out and the punts—not so much. Crowder and Pachilua worked out though. Won all my cash and finally cashed in the RG daily.

I think we had the same lineup. Those 3 hurt my chance of good money. Westbrook and Rondo kept me alive.

• Sizmik

Put up the worst score I’ve ever had last night…..Milsap, favors and Howard were obviously amazing for me

• Chief2112

Hit 342 last night with Westy. Rondo, Lamb, Fournier, Crowder, LBJ, Powell, E. Davis and Vucevic. Not bad.

• b1gswede

This is my first day as a RotoGrinder member. I don’t know much anymore about the NBA, but I entered one lineup of my own against one i created with the lineup Builder. I finished with only 259.75 pts in 4787 out of 13415 entries. The one using lineup builder and tweaking it, I finished with 324.75 points. placing 457 out of 76666 entries in DraftKings. ….I basically paid for my first month as premium member with my first entry using the tools and advice from this site.

Oh i would like to mention my own entry, had a goose-egg for my UTIL spot, because of a late update about a player scratch. Make sure you don’t just fire and forget, like i have a habit of doing. It has happened to me more times than i can count in NHL and NBA. I will let you know how tomorrow goes, as i used the lineup builder, and lineup bulk upload tool on draft kings. I think this site has what i needed to help me with the one player choice i need to crack the top 100 in the big tournaments.

My opinion doesnt mean squat until I get some credibility – no one likes a noob, and I guess I am a rotogrinder noob….

• b1gswede

Correction

343rd of 76666 entries with lineup from tool. 334.50 points
    5143rd of 13415 entries with my own lineup 259.75

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).