7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Indiana ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Detroit ( -3 ) —- T: 200
    7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 11.5 ) at Houston ( -11.5 ) —- T: 213
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( -5 ) at New Orleans ( 5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 12 ) at San Antonio ( -12 ) —- T: 191
    9:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 14.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -14.5 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

I know last night was high scoring… but I had a lineup go for 340 and only tripled my $2 entry fee…

so for multi-entry GPP players, do you typically have to cash ~50% of your entries to be profitable? Or do you typically lose day-to-day but then make money when you have that huge lineup that cashes big?

• teachmehowtocutty

@jdog32310 said...

So I made a lineup on fd with Westbrook,harden,brow that I actually like. Is this a good thing or bad thing ?

I got one too, cant say I like it though. To me westbrook is the easier fade with more value at pg. Sg is lousy and pf isnt much better.

• Darthbrady419

Embid is not out..the “O” is not updated from last game. Oly not starting as of now. And smith is the start tonight if diggler is out.

• tmarohl

@jon2anderson said...

I know last night was high scoring… but I had a lineup go for 340 and only tripled my $2 entry fee…

so for multi-entry GPP players, do you typically have to cash ~50% of your entries to be profitable? Or do you typically lose day-to-day but then make money when you have that huge lineup that cashes big?

The latter

• dominicanpapi

@jdog32310 said...

So I made a lineup on fd with Westbrook,harden,brow that I actually like. Is this a good thing or bad thing ?

I haven’t done a tone of homework yet but it depends on who your punts are. I’m comfortable with two of the three. I actually like Davis and Harden more than Westbrook, especially in tournaments where Russ will be chalk based on last night. But the flip side is that point guard tonight is a lot worse off than shooting guard and power forward. Depending on lineup structure you might find yourself with two sub 6K point guards in your lineups.

• moped_jones

I can’t believe how awful I’m doing this year. I figured with a year of NBA under my belt I’d pick up right where I left off last season (when I started winning quite a bit at the 2nd half of the year).

I keep missing players by one night. I pick them and they suck. Next night 50 FPs from someone that gave me 12 the day before.

Tonight I like: pretty much all the Mavs: Barea, Curry, Barnes. Matthews if you got the room (I went with Richardson instead as my other SG). If I suck tonight I’m strictly playing 50/50s from here on out.

*EDIT: This is for Fanduel.

• JGun10

@dominicanpapi said...

I haven’t done a tone of homework yet but it depends on who your punts are. I’m comfortable with two of the three. I actually like Davis and Harden more than Westbrook, especially in tournaments where Russ will be chalk based on last night. But the flip side is that point guard tonight is a lot worse off than shooting guard and power forward. Depending on lineup structure you might find yourself with two sub 6K point guards in your lineups.

On DK I see at least 10 quality PGs for $5k and up. Only a couple SGs worth picking tonight, and maybe 3-4 good PFs at the most. So I actually see PG as the deepest position tonight and the spot where you can spend down at in order to possibly get Brow/Harden.

• IronMonkey415

You guys said Marcus Smart never have a good game 2 days in a row.
    A few days have pass so could today be his bounce back day?

• jcoop131

• Blogger of the Month

Anyone have any punts they like for cash games on FD? I am struggling to find any value under 4.5k.

• dunbarnation

I agree. PG is really deep on DK.

• S7ubs

I think it’s lineup suicide if you try to fit Westy with another 10k plus stud. That’s just me

• jdog32310

I like lyles tonight if favors is out. Also like Richardson at sg

• Darthbrady419

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Watch out for Joe Harris, should hit 6-8x value on DK. He has been getting 20-24 minutes. Game sets up well for him, Bky will most likely be playing from behind which will give him opportunity to shoot 3’s and game could be blowout which may secure more than 20-24 minutes.
    Also Richardson which has been mentioned should hit 5-6x value even with Spurs as opponent. His minutes are guaranteed around 30-35 minutes with Dragic out plus he will have ball in hands quite a bit.
    One last value spot I see open is harder to figure out. Hill, Moore or Jones from NO. One of three will hit 5-6x value now we just need to figure out which one. I believe someone has been saying lock and load SF position against Boston?

• Darthbrady419

@jcoop131 said...

Anyone have any punts they like for cash games on FD? I am struggling to find any value under 4.5k.

Mbah a Moute

• bangthedrummond

@Darthbrady419 said...

Embid is not out..the “O” is not updated from last game. Oly not starting as of now. And smith is the start tonight if diggler is out.

Finney-smith? As in the dude who played 35 minutes last game and produced a whopping 11.5 fantasy points? Pass

• moped_jones

@jcoop131 said...

SG – Richardson $3800
    SG – Curry $4200 (should get plenty of minutes backing up both guard spots)
    SF – Roberson $3800 (been great the last 2 games, but when he bad……….he real bad)
    PF – Johnson $4200 (has a nice matchup, but he’s either great or awful when I pick him).

• moped_jones

@bangthedrummond said...

Finney-smith? As in the dude who played 35 minutes last game and produced a whopping 11.5 fantasy points? Pass

Yeah, I had to go check that out also. I’ll pass. The Mavs have a ton of value tonight, but it’s not from smith. He’s been getting a lot of minute lately and doing pretty much nothing with them.

• Darthbrady419

@bangthedrummond said...

Sorry, meant to say is starting not “the” start. The most intriguing play is powell. But bogut could kill his minutes.

• RobertoTomba

I typically don’t roster players who play against the Pistons (silly, I know, but I feel like I’m betraying them). But, tonight, Westbrook looks unstoppable. I might hesitate somewhat if it were Reggie Jackson guarding him. But, Ish Smith is very generous with opposing point guards (+5.9% shooting, not that he needs it).

It’s worth noting that he had a relatively bad performance in a back-to-back this season. But, that was the Clippers followed by the Warriors. Anyone would have trouble with that kind of opposition. And, he still had 20 points, 10 assists, and 6 rebounds.

• bigticket

Wow no mention of Pau Gasol. Dudes a lock for 6x +. A steal at 5600

• billholler

Explain to me why there is never any overlay on the smaller slate DK games (late, later, etc.) no matter which night it is but they keep dropping in payout.

• Inujv87

@Vanco said...

Embiid got the ‘O’ next to his name on DK but he’s expected to play. Might keep a lot of people off of him. He’s 6300 now though but in a high scoring, fast game has a good shot of 40+.

Really like Pau as well but minutes minutes minutes. Slower game but so was Detroit and he got 31 minutes and 44fps two weeks ago against Miami.

I believe he plays more in slower paced games where he can keep up

• RedlynedaDutch

i think Barea/Matthws/Anderson

• NickySats

Not touching Anthony FADEvis tonight. Hurt his back in Boston (yes, he returned), looks to be a prime night for a Davis 15 min game

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).