NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Houston ( -6.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -6.5 ) at Dallas ( 6.5 ) —- T: 202

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• NoLimits0

@jv21 said...

Anyone know what’s with the Raptors? Looking at the data, Lowry and DDR are not producing the same as last year.

I think DDR is fine. Kyle Lowry is just super passive. He’s barely taking any shots and his usage is way down. It’s been like that ever since they got Ibaka.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@gaelicgirl said...

Because…?

He needs like 35+ real life points to meet value! Which is certainly possible in this spot.

• vandymark

@NoLimits0 said...

Yea you can do both but not like Kyrie Harden and Horford unless you want to fill out your lineup with Yogi Ferrell and CJ miles which actually is possible but not recommended.

I’m not rostering Horford tonight, but I am rostering CJ miles.. Which is recommended

• NoLimits0

Actually DDRs numbers are just like last. Maybe a slight tick down. However Lowry is way down from last year. And it started with Ibaka being acquired.

I feel like Lowry is too passive. He likes bow down to competition like vs the Cavs. Meanwhile DDR is the alpha of that team and should shoot more.

DDR doesn’t need 35 points to reach value. He just needs like 25 and a few rebounds and assists and like 1-2 steals and blocks. 25/5/3/1/1 is reaching value for him.

• billholler

What a surprise. Small slate and everyone here arguing about whether or not to fade the stud with the highest floor. Just a little tip, in 2 or 3 game slates with only one high salaried stud, that stud is in most winning GPP lineups about 90% of the time.

• monarch

@underdawgs said...

Everyone is saying fade Harden like there aren’t (potentially) good value plays and it’s impossible to fit Harden with Horford or LMA.
    No Devin harris means Barea and Yogi are in Play. No Norm Powell means the original gangster OG is in play.
    Spurs have a bunch of guys who could score points tonight, someone mentioned Manu before. I’ll have him in one or two.
    Point is I have about 80% Harden and don’t love my lineups without him as much. Eat, James, eat.

Ha, I’ve got Harden+LMA+Horford+Capela in a DK LU and it looks pretty good.

• colb24

@billholler said...

What a surprise. Small slate and everyone here arguing about whether or not to fade the stud with the highest floor. Just a little tip, in 2 or 3 game slates with only one high salaried stud, that stud is in most winning GPP lineups about 90% of the time.

• NoLimits0

@vandymark said...

I’m not rostering Horford tonight, but I am rostering CJ miles.. Which is recommended

Why is Miles recommended? He’s probably not starting and there’s no guarantee he sees a huge minutes increase. He’ll lead the second unit like he has done all season. Maybe he sees 5-10 more mins max but last game the rookie played more than him.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@malickiville said...

Although I don’t think he’s ever a complete fade, his price has gone up nearly 2k over the last week or so. He’s not a lock at this price, as you are going to need 60-70 min out of him. I certainly won’t be fading him 100%, but he has had plenty of games below 60. No player is ever a complete lock IMO.

Not only does he need 60-70 but you also have to depend in a bunch of scrubs to go off for it to make sense to pay that much for James.

• Theguy49503

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute or P.J. Tucker

• CoachTrask

If you want to fade Harden good luck.

Tell me which combo of players that will hit 5x to 6x value while taking up multiple roster spots. If you can, you’re going to take down a GPP tonight.

You’re paying for Harden’s floor (50+) in one roster spot.

• jv21

• Ranked #73

RG Tiered Ranking

Hmm, I guess DDR is doing ok. I am still stuck on how hot he started last year. 11 out the first 12 games, he score more than 40 fantasy points. Only 5 out of 12 this year.

• malickiville

@vandymark said...

I currently have a Harden + Kyrie lineup and I easily filled the remainder of my roster with players in great spots

I agree it can be done—-but you are probably counting on 60-70 from Harden in this scenario. Even if he goes for 60, and Kyrie gets you 40, you will still need 220+ (probably) from the other 6 guys. So in those great spots, guys would all need to be in the 30-40pt range.

Now certainly, if Harden goes for 80 and Kyrie 55-60, that changes everything!

• billholler

@Theguy49503 said...

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute or P.J. Tucker

No

• Theguy49503

Okay, let me get back to the drawing board lol

• NoLimits0

@billholler said...

In yesterday’s 2 game night slate, KD was NOT on the winning GPP lineup even though he was in a better position than Harden is today (without Steph). And that’s a 2 game slate where you have even fewer choices than today.

Small slates happen all the time with the night slates. 50% of the time the highest priced player is not in the winning lineup.

But I’m glad you have data to support that 90% right?

This isn’t to say Harden won’t be on the winning lineup but to claim 90% is ridiculous. It’s 50% which is why this Harden debate is good.

• vandymark

@NoLimits0 said...

Why is Miles recommended? He’s probably not starting and there’s no guarantee he sees a huge minutes increase. He’ll lead the second unit like he has done all season. Maybe he sees 5-10 more mins max but last game the rookie played more than him.

He is recommended because of his price tag? $3,100 on FD… that allows you to get your Harden’s, Kyrie’s, etc. Plus he only needs 18 FDP to hit 6x value. which is easily obtainable.

• vandymark

@malickiville said...

I agree it can be done—-but you are probably counting on 60-70 from Harden in this scenario. Even if he goes for 60, and Kyrie gets you 40, you will still need 220+ (probably) from the other 6 guys. So in those great spots, guys would all need to be in the 30-40pt range.

That’s why you enter these lineups in GPP’s right… Plus I have ppl in my lineup who can easily hit 30+

• roadrunner1976

I’m playing 6 – 33$ GPP on DK. I will without a doubt have harden at 50% . With that said the lineups I don’t have with harden will consist of Kyrie, Horford, and LMA rotate. Think that covers me pretty damn well

• Theguy49503

@vandymark said...

He is recommended because of his price tag? $3,100 on FD… that allows you to get your Harden’s, Kyrie’s, etc. Plus he only needs 18 FDP to hit 6x value. which is easily obtainable.

Thats why I like him, you only need about 20 from him

• vandymark

@malickiville said...

That’s why you enter these lineups in GPP’s right… Plus I have ppl in my lineup who can easily hit 30+

• monarch

@NoLimits0 said...

If you’ve watched the Rockets this season, they are actually one of the better defensive teams. They switch almost everything on the perimeter and allow FT’s at one of the lowest rates in the league. The Raptors are going to need a veteran scorer to knock down some perimeter shots and the Rockets lone weak spot on defense right now is getting out to the three point line amidst all of their switching. Miles is pretty much their perimeter scorer right now and you get a nice bonus on DK when those fall.

• billholler

@NoLimits0 said...

In yesterday’s 2 game night slate, KD was NOT on the winning GPP lineup even though he was in a better position than Harden is today (without Steph). And that’s a 2 game slate where you have even fewer choices than today.

Small slates happen all the time with the night slates. 50% of the time the highest priced player is not in the winning lineup.

But I’m glad you have data to support that 90% right?

This isn’t to say Harden won’t be on the winning lineup but to claim 90% is ridiculous. It’s 50% which is why this Harden debate is good.

This debate happens every single small slate. No I don’t have any data. I just play every night and never miss the small slates. Your Durant example doesn’t even apply here. He was only $9,700 last night, Harden is $12,300.

• malickiville

@billholler said...

You may be right, as I have no idea how to go back and track it to dispute it. I will be about 50% Harden—but it’s rare that the one high priced stud is also 12.3k.

I would love to see how to track that though, as it would then make it a near lock. Yeah, if he goes for 70+ again, it’s a no brainer. If he goes for 40-50, that lineup is dead.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

Sometimes I think people say to fade someone (and play them anyway) just to come back the next day on the off chance it does dud and be able to say how smart they were for getting lucky lmao. It’s 50/50, if people wanna play him thats fine, fade thats fine. Is it worth to keep talking about for another 20 pages until lineup lock? Maybe. Probably not. Hotel? Trivago.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).