NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Houston ( -6.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -6.5 ) at Dallas ( 6.5 ) —- T: 202

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• malickiville

@vandymark said...

That’s why you enter these lineups in GPP’s right… Plus I have ppl in my lineup who can easily hit 30+

“easily hit 30+”? Or do it on the reg? I mean Tarik Black could also easily hit 30 if thinks work out just right—-and counting on that to happen for 5-6 value plays is all a big part of the gamble.

• NoLimits0

@billholler said...

This debate happens every single small slate. No I don’t have any data. I just play every night and never miss the small slates. Your Durant example doesn’t even apply here. He was only $9,700 last night, Harden is $12,300.

Yes I know it happens every small slate but the problem is it happens with Westbrook generally last year when he has a higher ceiling than everyone else (even Harden today).

Ok I guess you are looking for situations where exactly one player stands out above the rest. I mean the Durant example is kind of backwards.

Let’s say he was actually priced 11k yesterday? Are you saying you would be more likely to take him than he was 9.7k because 11k makes him priced much higher than everyone else?

• frugal

Love the fade Harden talk. Really, really hope the masses feel the same way and fade him and he’s under 20% owned.

• billholler

@malickiville said...

You may be right, as I have no idea how to go back and track it to dispute it. I will be about 50% Harden—but it’s rare that the one high priced stud is also 12.3k.

I would love to see how to track that though, as it would then make it a near lock. Yeah, if he goes for 70+ again, it’s a no brainer. If he goes for 40-50, that lineup is dead.

I was referring to the superstuds before the new kid wanted to argue. Not the sub 10k guys that are on every slate. Plus there is plenty of value on this slate to not bother trying to go balanced.

I’m only doing about 50 lineups tonight but I will have Harden in all but maybe 2 of them just in case he does “only” get 45ish points.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@NoLimits0 said...

Yes I know it happens every single slate but the problem is it happens with Westbrook generally last year when he has a higher ceiling than everyone else (even Harden today).

Ok I guess you are looking for situations where exactly one player stands out above the rest. I mean the Durant example is kind of backwards.

Let’s say he was actually priced 11k yesterday? Are you saying you would be more likely to take him than he was 9.7k because 11k makes him priced much higher than everyone else?

But he wasn’t he was 9.7k. Not even worth the hypothetical. And let’s be realistic. Aside from KD you got Dray & Klay who need to eat. Don’t really have that in Houston at the moment unless you count Gordon. Which I do. But it’s not really the same since they’re without CP3.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

Today’s blog has been submitted for review. I have to leave shortly to go pick up my son from school. It should be published by the time I get back and will post the link. Also hop in the thread a little… i’ll try to keep the commentary down a little as well guys.

• NoLimits0

You guys convinced me about CJ Miles. Will have him in a few lineups.

However I really don’t see much difference between him and Powell and it wasn’t like Powell was lighting the world on fire when he was starting.

I will have some Miles now though because of you guys. Convinced me to have a few shares out of my 20.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@frugal said...

Love the fade Harden talk. Really, really hope the masses feel the same way and fade him and he’s under 20% owned.

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

Are there any ownership projections for Harden out?

• billholler

@NoLimits0 said...

Not sure you could have asked a more asinine question. He was 9700 because of recent performances and match up. Asking “what if” he was 11k is just dumb because he wasn’t and he wasn’t for a reason.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@NoLimits0 said...

However I really don’t see much difference between him and Powell and it wasn’t like Powell was lighting the world on fire when he was starting.

I will have some Miles now though because of you guys. Convinced me to have a few shares out of my 20.

Yeah agree about Miles. Maybe he’ll have that 1 in a million game where he crossed 30 lmao

• billholler

@NoLimits0 said...

I can change your mind again. I’m going to be almost all in on Miles.

• malickiville

@CoachTrask said...

If you want to fade Harden good luck.

Tell me which combo of players that will hit 5x to 6x value while taking up multiple roster spots. If you can, you’re going to take down a GPP tonight.

You’re paying for Harden’s floor (50+) in one roster spot.

His floor is 40. He has only been over 60 4x out of last 10, and 2 of those were 60.5 and 62. I’m not saying you are completely wrong in taking him, as I will have me some Harden for sure. However he has 2 games over 62 in the last 10, and is more consistent in the 50’s.

Having said that, he will go for 95 tonight.

• NoLimits0

@elving188 said...

But he wasn’t he was 9.7k. Not even worth the hypothetical. And let’s be realistic. Aside from KD you got Dray & Klay who need to eat. Don’t really have that in Houston at the moment unless you count Gordon. Which I do. But it’s not really the same since they’re without CP3.

Yea which would make him a better choice than if he was 11k?

Like if he was 11k, billholler is saying choose him but since he was only 9.7k billholler is saying don’t choose him?

That argument makes no sense.

It’s really how well he does not his price. You don’t choose him because he’s higher priced than everyone else…you choose him becuase you’ll think he can get you 60+.

• monarch

It’s really easy to fit Harden in because he’s going for 15 assists tonight and his teammates are the value. Plus those guys also rack up steals, blocks and rebounds and get a bump with Nene out. Harden gets a steal, kicks it out to Tucker who cans a three….you just got 7.25 DK points and that probably happens at least three times in this game.

• zigdeuce

@billholler said...

This debate happens every single small slate. No I don’t have any data. I just play every night and never miss the small slates. Your Durant example doesn’t even apply here. He was only $9,700 last night, Harden is $12,300.

Wouldn’t Durant being cheaper in a better spot support his argument more? That means he’d be easier to play with more cap left.

• roadrunner1976

@malickiville said...

His floor is 40. He has only been over 60 4x out of last 10, and 2 of those were 60.5 and 62. I’m not saying you are completely wrong in taking him, as I will have me some Harden for sure. However he has 2 games over 62 in the last 10, and is more consistent in the 50’s.

Having said that, he will go for 95 tonight.

No doubt 100 burger coming. Ellll oooooooo elll

• billholler

@NoLimits0 said...

Like if he was 11k, billholler is saying choose him but since he was only 9.7k billholler is saying don’t choose him?

One more time, he wasn’t 11k and there are multiple reasons why he wasn’t 11k. If he was 11k, there would be multiple reasons why he was 11k. There are multiple reasons why Harden is 12,300 and there are multiple reasons why no one else is even close to him in salary.

• NoLimits0

@billholler said...

Not sure you could have asked a more asinine question. He was 9700 because of recent performances and match up. Asking “what if” he was 11k is just dumb because he wasn’t and he wasn’t for a reason.

No that’s my point! You choose someone based on how they will do (also by using how they have done).

You are saying choose someone because they are the highest priced. I’m saying you can’t do that. You need to choose Harden based on if he can get 60 or not, not based simply on the fact that he’s 12.3k.

The point of me using the clearly “absurd” pricing on KD was to illustrate my point. I know KD shouldn’t be 11k. I did that to highlight what I’m trying to say. Don’t chooose simply on the price. Choose based on how they will do. If KD was 11k no one would have chosen him.

So the fact that he was actually 9.7k should actually help my argument more.

Edit: if billholler doesn’t get what I’m trying to illustrate it’s fine. We can move on and talk about others. I’m not even fading Harden. I have 40% of him. I just disagree that he’s a “must play”.

• jwq14

James Harden should we fade you tonight?

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@NoLimits0 said...

Yea which would make him a better choice than if he was 11k?

That argument makes no sense.

It’s really how well he does not his price. You don’t choose him because he’s higher priced than everyone else…you choose him becuase you’ll think he can get you 60+.

Precisely. And that’s exactly why he’s higher priced! Again, it’s essentially mute. We all know everyone is going to play Harden in probably 50% if not more of their lineups. No one is doing a full fade. So we can all agree there

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@jwq14 said...

James Harden should we fade you tonight?

he’s like…“bruh..you know the answer to this”

• malickiville

@vandymark said...

He is recommended because of his price tag? $3,100 on FD… that allows you to get your Harden’s, Kyrie’s, etc. Plus he only needs 18 FDP to hit 6x value. which is easily obtainable.

I’m not a huge fan of value talk, and not against it, I just don’t really implement it much. If CJ gets you 18 points, you will not win a GPP unless Harden gets 75-80. These low priced guys you need almost “10x value” if that’s how you look at it.

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

I saw someone made the bold prediction that Harden won’t be in the winning lineup today? I hope everyone realizes that the Spurs, Mav’s, Celtics, and Raptors are all playing tonight. Harden could post a score 20 pts higher than any of the highest scoring players from these teams. Maybe not Aldridge. . . I could see him hitting 50 tonight.

Don’t over think it; Play Harden + (Aldridge or Kyrie or Horford or Lowry or Capela, etc) + fill in the gaps. Hope you fill the gaps correctly and that the field over thought the slate.

edit I’ve already moved on to breaking down Wednesdays massive slate. Lmao

• billholler

@zigdeuce said...

Wouldn’t Durant being cheaper in a better spot support his argument more? That means he’d be easier to play with more cap left.

Not sure why it’s so difficult to understand that he wasn’t in the superstud category and there are reasons why. Never said he was a full fade last night or an all in. As for that game in particular, Draymond Green was in the better spot and he didn’t do shit either. Klay was in a good spot and didn’t do shit but was in the winning GPP lineups.

EDIT: Dray didn’t do much from a fantasy perspective. He did fine from a real life perspective.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).