NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6.5 ) at Houston ( -6.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -6.5 ) at Dallas ( 6.5 ) —- T: 202

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superstars92

Check out this thread from earlier this year pages 3 – 8. Same discussion as today as with Harden. It’s pretty funny how these things get repeated over and over again (the discussion is about RWB in case anyone didn’t get it).

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nba-10-19-2125232?page=3

I think Westbrook was on the winning lineup that night + JoVal was the key though.

Don’t think JoVal will be the key tonight.

• billholler

@superstars92 said...

Yes the value guys is the key. If that didn’t exist, I think you don’t have to choose Harden. I think the value guys > Harden in importance.

I agree but it’s like uber rare to have a small slate with a super stud and no value guys. There are always value guys. Sometimes they just aren’t as obvious.

• billholler

@superstars92 said...

Check out this thread from earlier this year pages 3 – 8. Same discussion as today as with Harden. It’s pretty funny how these things get repeated over and over again.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nba-10-19-2125232?page=3

Don’t think it is as relevant. That was early in the season and no one was really sure how any of the new super teams were going to play. More importantly, OKC has 2 other stud players. Houston doesn’t.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

The most likely scenario for tonight is for Harden to put up 55-60 pts and the next higher (Kyrie or LMA) to post 40-45… so unless you can field 3-4 players in the 6,000 range that will outscore the value plays in the 3500-4500 range by a greater amount you need Harden raw points to win.

• NoLimits0

@billholler said...

No beef. I think he’s just a millenial that has never before been told he is wrong and he doesn’t know how to behave once proven wrong.

BTW, the Harden vs. Durant argument was proven ridiculous in the comments that followed the one you quoted.

What are you talking about? I admitted in my posts here that I’m hopping on the CJ Miles train and people on here convinced me. I admitted in the other thread Zieg is probably right about his post about the volume of complaints. I’m more than willing to admit when I’m wrong or I agree with someone else.

I just don’t agree with this particular opinion though. I have no beef. I just simply disagree and you disagree with me. To call me a millenial and say we are the only ones to do this is wrong because it’s not like you are changing your opinions either…I haven’t seen you admit to anything or have your opinions changed. It has nothing to do with my age.

And no the following comments reinforced my KD argument that he should have been priced 11k which actually makes it even more likely you should have selected him at 9.7k….

• billholler

@Unico10 said...

The most likely scenario for tonight is for Harden to put up 55-60 pts and the next higher (Kyrie or LMA) to post 40-45… so unless you can field 3-4 players in the 6,000 range that will outscore the value plays in the 3500-4500 range by a greater amount you need Harden raw points to win.

Too much common sense has just appeared in this thread. I must leave now. Good luck and happy grinding fellas/ladies.

• gausman7

@elving188 said...

Precisely. And that’s exactly why he’s higher priced! Again, it’s essentially mute. We all know everyone is going to play Harden in probably 50% if not more of their lineups. No one is doing a full fade. So we can all agree there

“Mute” should be “moot”…common mistake. Don’t say you’ve never learned anything from the RG forum!

• roadrunner1976

Carroll the most bump in usage without Russell.. interesting.

Carroll> RHJ for me

• NoLimits0

@billholler said...

Don’t think it is as relevant. That was early in the season and no one was really sure how any of the new super teams were going to play. More importantly, OKC has 2 other stud players. Houston doesn’t.

I think he’s actually supporting your point becuase Westbrook was on winning team that night…but I’m assuming since you “aren’t a millenial” you need to constantly defend yourself. The irony of your post.

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

20 line ups in the $8 scratch off, so far;
    James Harden 100%
    Dennis Smith Jr 100%
    LaMarcus Aldridge 90%

• rktman16

I’m thinking it might be either CJ Miles or Yofi Ferrell

• colb24

O Anunonoby ? Everyone likes Cj better? Didn’t O start second half of Celtics

• billholler

@NoLimits0 said...

I think he’s actually supporting your point becuase Westbrook was on winning team that night…but I’m assuming since you “aren’t a millenial” you need to constantly defend yourself. The irony of your post.

RWB being on the winning LU that night most definitely supports my argument. Just don’t think it’s comparable to this scenario because OKC has 2 studs and a super stud. Houston has Harden. That’s it. If you think Capela or Gordon are studs, I can only assume you have never watched basketball before.

• gausman7

@apeterson8809 said...

20 line ups in the $8 scratch off, so far;
    James Harden 100%
    Dennis Smith Jr 100%
    LaMarcus Aldridge 90%

What is D Smith’s price on DK?

• gaelicgirl

@KOTN26 said...

I was excited to see Draymond 9.6% on fd yesterday. Good spot but didn’t do shit.

As soon as I saw how slow the Magic were playing I knew my Warriors picks wouldn’t hit value. Being a fan is a two-edged sword. I keep hoping that somehow, some way, some team will compete well enough to keep the starters in for the whole game. But unless they have a massive number of TOs (like in that game against the Pistons) it seems unlikely to happen. Maybe next time they play the Rockets, I don’t know. So while watching them crush their competition in the 3rd quarter is thrilling in real life, it’s getting old watching my LUs crash and burn every time I take them in DFS. At least I’ve gotten to the point where I can comfortably fade whoever they’re playing. The next step is to overcome my compulsion to play them every time they’re on the slate due to that faint glimmer of hope that maybe THIS team will be the one that can hang with them.

• NoLimits0

@billholler said...

RWB being on the winning LU that night most definitely supports my argument. Just don’t think it’s comparable to this scenario because OKC has 2 studs and a super stud. Houston has Harden. That’s it. If you think Capela or Gordon are studs, I can only assume you have never watched basketball before.

I’ve never said those 2 were studs. Why would you assume that I think that way?

And you are wrong about Carmelo being a stud. Gordon and Capela are both better basketball players and fantasy players than Carmelo. That’s not relevant though but don’t call Carmelo a stud. That was 6 years ago.

• AngryVic

/unlurking to ask a question…

so all with all the fade or not to fade harden stuff going on I want to throw out something I do, I only do the 20 max entry contests from .25-3$.

so my example. these are from the RG lineup builder projections

Proj Floor Ceil
    James Harden 62.8 46.47 79.13

Dennis Smith Jr. 33.3 26.33 47.95
    Jaylen Brown 26.08 6.52 45.64
    Total 59.38 32.85 93.59

Harden is 12.3K and SMith Jr + Brown are also 12.3 K in this example harden has a slightly higher projection, much safer floor (good for cash) but a ceiling of +14 points for the smith Brown combo (good for Gpp).

My question is am I missing something by using 2 slots as apposed to 1 slot for Harden?

/back to lurking :D

• billholler

@colb24 said...

O Anunonoby ? Everyone likes Cj better? Didn’t O start second half of Celtics

I love me some OG. Just for the record, it’s pronounced oje. Count me in the group that really thought it was an abbreviation for “original gangsta”.

• colb24

@billholler said...

I love me some OG. Just for the record, it’s pronounced oje. Count me in the group that really thought it was an abbreviation for “original gangsta”.

Hahahaha

• NoLimits0

@AngryVic said...

so all with all the fade or not to fade harden stuff going on I want to throw out something I do, I only do the 20 max entry contests from .25-3$.

Proj Floor Ceil

Total 59.38 32.85 93.59

Harden is 12.3K and SMith Jr + Brown are also 12.3 K in this example harden has a slightly higher projection, much safer floor (good for cash) but a ceiling of +14 points for the smith Brown combo (good for Gpp).

My question is am I missing something by using 2 slots as apposed to 1 slot for Harden?

That was my original point before everyone was just like “choose Harden you’ll regret it”.

Choosing two players like Kyrie and Horford has a MUCH higher upside than Harden and a min priced player. It’s like your example. You get way more upside by not choosing Harden and I was using numbers in my example but everyone else just wants the narritive to be “choose Harden or you’ll regret it”.

• billholler

@NoLimits0 said...

I’ve never said those 2 were studs. Why would you assume that I think that way?

And you are wrong about Carmelo being a stud. Gordon and Capela are both better basketball players and fantasy players than Carmelo. That’s not relevant though but don’t call Carmelo a stud. That was 6 years ago.

Never said that you did say that. Maybe you have issues with reading comprehension. As for Melo, he’s an afterthought on a team with 2 offensive monsters but he’s still averaging 20 points and 6 boards.

• frugal

@AngryVic said...

Proj Floor Ceil

Total 59.38 32.85 93.59

You need to compare Harden plus a second player to 2 players of equal salary. You example is actually proving the opposite point you think you are making.

• bigkino217

@NoLimits0 said...

That was my original point before everyone was just like “choose Harden you’ll regret it”.

Choosing two players like Kyrie and Horford has a MUCH higher upside than Harden and a min priced player. It’s like your example. You get way more upside by not choosing Harden and I was using numbers in my example but everyone else just wants the narritive to be “choose Harden or you’ll regret it”.

the thing is you’d really need BOTH kyrie and horford to go off to keep up. if say, horford was ok and kyrie went off, theres nothing stopping the harden/(min player) lineups from picking kyrie also, and then it becomes your kyrie/horford/(insert another mid priced player) vs their harden/kyrie/(min player) lineups. basically you’d need enough of the mid priced options to go off where the harden user couldnt afford them all. thats hard to do on a 3 game slate

• NoLimits0

@billholler said...

Never said that you did say that. Maybe you have issues with reading comprehension. As for Melo, he’s an afterthought on a team with 2 offensive monsters but he’s still averaging 20 points and 6 boards.

Lol you clearly implied I didn’t. Just read your post again. It is quite easy to tell what your intentions were with your post.

As for Carmelo nice try. Eric Gordon is averaging 23 points. Oh but I’m sure your next argument is he’s not averaging 6 rebounds or he’s the second option instead of the third. So if you don’t think Gordon is a stud Carmelo isn’t either. Why do you think the Thunder are 6-7 and the Rockets are 11-3 without CP3? Because Carmelo isn’t that good. And don’t say some bs like Harden is way better than Westbrook.

• malickiville

@gaelicgirl said...

As soon as I saw how slow the Magic were playing I knew my Warriors picks wouldn’t hit value. Being a fan is a two-edged sword. I keep hoping that somehow, some way, some team will compete well enough to keep the starters in for the whole game. But unless they have a massive number of TOs (like in that game against the Pistons) it seems unlikely to happen. Maybe next time they play the Rockets, I don’t know. So while watching them crush their competition in the 3rd quarter is thrilling in real life, it’s getting old watching my LUs crash and burn every time I take them in DFS. At least I’ve gotten to the point where I can comfortably fade whoever they’re playing. The next step is to overcome my compulsion to play them every time they’re on the slate due to that faint glimmer of hope that maybe THIS team will be the one that can hang with them.

I think it’s possible some of these young teams they have been playing had already lost before they took the court. Like the old Tyson effect. No question GS is a great team and flat out has better players than other teams, but IMO teams like Wizards/Raptors/Grizz/Rockets/Cavs/Celts won’t be so intimidated that they will play better.

Make no mistake GS are huge faves for a reason—but I think as the year goes on you will find teams giving their A+ game against them and not their C+ intimidated type of game.

Just my take—as I hate taking them on DFS for the same reasons!!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).