• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:00 PM EST : Miami ( -4.5 ) at Cleveland ( 4.5 ) —- T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -7 ) at New York ( 7 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 11 ) at Milwaukee ( -11 ) —- T: 230.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -1 ) at New Orleans ( 1 ) —- T: 236.5
    9:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 7 ) at Phoenix ( -7 ) —- T: 228
    10:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 8 ) at Denver ( -8 ) —- T: 224

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• damionismyname

@SkateFiend said...

Scoring is up in all sports, but the problem in the NBA is that players will park a a couple safe studs in their lineup (like ABC and Harden) and surround them with cheap punts or good mid tier players. This formula is self explanatory and works so well that the baseline for min cash will be more higher than not.

NBA isn’t all that predictable. But there are certain predictable elements, and the player base knows this, even without serious research.

this is true and its just random luck at that point. I scored 292 with Rubio and WCJ but had I just used Favors and Lavine I score 348. Thats just how it goes these days.

• chronoxiong

I’m losing again tonight guys. I am depressed as hell. Faded all the high scoring guys because I thought they were going to bust. I trusted Jokic and he’s looking fat out there still. Paid up for Trae Young? Killed me too.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

I’m losing again tonight guys. I am depressed as hell. Faded all the high scoring guys because I thought they were going to bust. I trusted Jokic and he’s looking fat out there still. Paid up for Trae Young? Killed me too.

Why after 10 games would anyone trust Jokic? Need to follow my Joker rules. For reference, here they are again.
    1) Denver wins in a blowout and Jokic doesn’t hit value
    2) Denver gets blown out and Jokic doesn’t hit value
    3) Close games, Jokic hits value less than 50% of the time.
    4) New rule in 2019, Jokic is fat and out of shape and prone to foul trouble.

• Shaudy_lo

Never picking Jokic again

• SkateFiend

@captainwacky said...

It’s both. I just don’t get when people are attributing it to having to be perfect or whatever. There’s more info, so the better plays are chalkier now. NBA pace is up. The pricing of sites is generally a little looser. Load management and injuries create tons of replacement value. But like… an individual day’s score is not a barometer of anything.

I keep hearing that there’s more “info”, but I see no new stream of info that would provide an edge to a typical player. The formula is still the same, I can anticipate prospective chalk players without consulting any DFS advice site. And sure enough when I play them they’re heavily owned.

I remember 3,4 seasons ago people here were reluctant to pick players going up against the Spurs because they were such an elite defensive team. Nowadays that kind of strategic consideration is out the window, because production is set on high mode on most nights. Oh, that one team gives up the least amount of rebounds to the opposition. Is anyone not going to play Montrez Harrell against them on nights Kwahi is out?

I went light on Holiday and Favors today so most of my lineups were dead from the beginning, and duds from Rubio, Barrett and Butler made it official. That’s it. If you don’t have the handful of chalky plays that raised everyone’s score, your night is over. You could have a great lineup where no one busted and you would still lose.

NBA gpp contests is a beat the score game.You have to score like 312 on some nights to min cash, and you need half a dozen right players to reach that goal.

• tmarohl

Third in Fadeaway, Fifth in Piggy Bank, 733 in Shot.

• SkateFiend

@chronoxiong said...

You’re not alone, and unlike 99% of occasions where saying that is just to make you feel better, it’s actually true. We’re all losing.

• tmarohl

Just do yourselves a favor, do not play the Joker. Only play Lebron on slates of 4 games or less, and you will do fine.

• gausman7

@tmarohl said...

I saw your name in a huge tie atop the leaderboard in FD quarter entry.

Good to see an RG regular up top. Looks like your player pool was right on the money. Hopefully you had a profitable night.

Well done brother!

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

5th in the Dribbler, 4th in the Block, 25th and 51st in the Shot, 59th in Lil Piggy, 63rd in Fadeaway

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

5th in the Dribbler, 4th in the Block, 25th and 51st in the Shot, 59th in Lil Piggy, 63rd in Fadeaway

Sweet, whatever your name is :)

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Sweet, whatever your name is :)

Lol

• queensfinest

@jcotdl said...

umm. that’s not exactly how DFS works… erm, geaux ‘bockers?

too bad. imagine losing to knicks twice. take the L luka and kp

• queensfinest

@Renodog said...

Lol, poor knicks fans

screw kp and luka. L

• SteeloCity

Navigating Tier 6 on DK is BRUTAL. I hate every play.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).