NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 2.5 ) at Houston ( -2.5 ) —- T: 220
    9:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 12 ) at Denver ( -12 ) —- T: 222
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 5.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• csandbizzle

@kbsktbll88 said...

If you’re going to use the Draymond 1 game suspension as an excuse (even though he came back and they still lost).. but ignore all the injured teams during their first championship run including Kyrie in the Finals then there’s really no point in debating this.

If the West was so shitty and injured why hadn’t KD ever won anything? Why’d they beat them in the WCF the year before he jumped ship?

• hobbes2d

@kbsktbll88 said...

If you’re going to use the Draymond 1 game suspension as an excuse (even though he came back and they still lost).. but ignore all the injured teams during their first championship run including Kyrie in the Finals then there’s really no point in debating this.

Draymond’s suspension isn’t an excuse for why they lost lol. It legitimately changed the series. Just as Kyrie getting hurt in OT of Game 1 changed the series for Cleveland. The results are what they are for both teams for those seasons.

Bogut getting injured was more significant than anything though since he was keeping Bron from getting to the basket at will. I think there was like a 30% difference in Bron’s FG % in the paint when Bogut was in/out during that 7 game series IIRC.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

This sure has been entertaining to say the least and I don’t even have a dog in the fight. What else can anybody possibly bring up? lol

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Also not exactly sure how Steph got brought into all this in the first place. He should be standalone IMO.

• machzeagher

Loving the KD debate. Small slate so there isn’t THAT much for you guys to cover. I like my core for the night just can’t make a decision on how to approach my Single Entry LU. KD or Klay/Dray?

Outside of single entry I’ve spread everything pretty evenly between Harden and KD, have a couple with both. Not feeling good about fading LMA and DDR but I’m having a hard time making room until we get some Jokic/Len news.

Edit: On DK, my bad.

• BerkeleyBoss

@kbsktbll88 said...

They won 73 games and didn’t win the championship.. who cares about the 73 wins?? They won 73 games because they were lucky to be healthy all year and they chased the record, it’s such an over rated record. They even admitted they chased the record because they wanted it and then said they shouldn’t have after they lost in the Finals. The Spurs won 67 games in 2015-2016 and had a ton of injuries. You don’t think they could have won 73 if Duncan didn’t miss 20 games, Kawhi didn’t miss 10, Aldrdige didn’t miss 9, etc?? There have been other teams that could have won it if they chased it too.

And how about beating his own team?? That was thanks to Klay, not Curry. Klay saved his ass. Like Iggy did in the FInals against Cleveland. Curry consistently disappears and gets saved by his team because he’s surrounded by a ton of talent. Which is why they have a 9-3 playoff record without him.

I never said KD won anything on his own. Nobody in this league wins anything on their own. It’s a team sport. But winning a championship doesn’t make you better than another player. Winning rings in the NBA is about being at the right time and the right place. There are a lot of great players who never won anything.

The narrative that Steph disappears in the playoffs isn’t really true if you look at the numbers and it’s just a testament to the greatness that people expect from him. He’s currently 10th all time in points per game in the playoffs (above Kobe) and he has a higher TS% than anybody above him on the list.

• kbsktbll88

@csandbizzle said...

If the West was so shitty and injured why hadn’t KD ever won anything? Why’d they beat them in the WCF the year before he jumped ship?

First of all I never said the West was garbage, they’re better than the East and it’s not close. You’re talking about 2 different years. 2015-2016 every single team GSW played was injured. This is a fact, not my opinion. Go back and look at all the teams they played.

Grizzlies were up 2-1 vs GSW with Mike Conley missing game 1 and just coming back from having facial surgery. Then Tony Allen got injured. Rockets lost 2 of their starters like a week before the playoffs. We had 2 40 year olds chasing Curry around. Then Kyrie broke his knee cap in the Finals, that was already after Love was injured. They played a bunch of trash teams that year and it was the only reason they won the championship.

• hobbes2d

@machzeagher said...

Loving the KD debate. Small slate so there isn’t THAT much for you guys to cover. I like my core for the night just can’t make a decision on how to approach my Single Entry LU. KD or Klay/Dray?

Outside of single entry I’ve spread everything pretty evenly between Harden and KD, have a couple with both. Not feeling good about fading LMA and DDR but I’m having a hard time making room until we get some Jokic/Len news.

I’m assuming balanced might be the best option yet again.

• kbsktbll88

@hobbes2d said...

Draymond’s suspension isn’t an excuse for why they lost lol. It legitimately changed the series. Just as Kyrie getting hurt in OT of Game 1 changed the series for Cleveland. The results are what they are for both teams for those seasons.

Bogut getting injured was more significant than anything though since he was keeping Bron from getting to the basket at will. I think there was like a 30% difference in Bron’s FG % in the paint when Bogut was in/out during that 7 game series IIRC.

That’s my point though. People will use Draymond’s 1 game suspension as an excuse to why they didn’t win, but will conveniently ignore the fact that they played nothing but injured teams the year they won their first ring. Then they use the narrative that Curry is more important than KD because they won without him.. no, they won without him because they got lucky.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

Give Jordan Bell consistent court time to develope (play without fouling).

If Jordan Bell could do that, I’m willing to bet that Bell could replace Green in the current Warriors squad and not miss a beat.

But that doesn’t count much coming from me since I run the “Play “(player-popup #jordan-bell)Jordan Bell”:/players/jordan-bell-37877” fan club. I really should be his agent!

• DarthPasta

Debate over.

• Numberboy

@mbunner23 said...

Ehhh, idk about all that. Sabonis was a rookie when he played with Russ. He had no option but to get better after he left. I think he would have improved had he played his second season in OKC.

Sabonis went from 5 pts & 3 rebs to 14 & 9. Victor Oladipo is in his 6th year & became an all star instantly. Russ bring incredible energy and us a unique talent but making other people better isn’t what he does. Schroeder, PG3, and Adams all skyrocket in production.

• walkr

Will we even get Jokic news?

• hobbes2d

@kbsktbll88 said...

That’s my point though. People will use Draymond’s 1 game suspension as an excuse to why they didn’t win, but will conveniently ignore the fact that they played nothing but injured teams the year they won their first ring. Then they use the narrative that Curry is more important than KD because they won without him.. no, they won without him because they got lucky.

I agree with you except for the Curry part haha. Curry is the most important person on that team. He completely changed their franchise and the league.

• hobbes2d

@walkr said...

Will we even get Jokic news?

I mean he’s on the injury report we would have to get news at some point.

• kbsktbll88

@BerkeleyBoss said...

The narrative that Steph disappears in the playoffs isn’t really true if you look at the numbers and it’s just a testament to the greatness that people expect from him. He’s currently 10th all time in points per game in the playoffs (above Kobe) and he has a higher TS% than anybody above him on the list.

During their first run he went from averaging 30 ppg in the regular season on 50% shooting to 25ppg in the playoffs on 44% shooting. The greats elevate their games in the playoffs, not regress.

• machzeagher

@hobbes2d said...

I’m assuming balanced might be the best option yet again.

That’s what I’m thinking. Klay/Dray leaves room for Tobias/Murray/Milsap with some value guys. KD makes it ugly, especially for single entry.

• RandysCrow

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@machzeagher said...

You know it is a crappy slate, when your line up construction depends on Len injury news!

And I’m not bashing Len, for those of you that frequent the forum, you know he is always in play for me lol

• hobbes2d

@RandysCrow said...

Give Jordan Bell consistent court time to develope (play without fouling).

If Jordan Bell could do that, I’m willing to bet that Bell could replace Green in the current Warriors squad and not miss a beat.

But that doesn’t count much coming from me since I run the “Play “(player-popup #jordan-bell)Jordan Bell”:/players/jordan-bell-37877” fan club. I really should be his agent!

Jordan Bell has been horrible this season. I mean they could replace Draymond with Boogie but he’d have to take a lot less $.

• frugal

@Numberboy said...

Sabonis went from 5 pts & 3 rebs to 14 & 9. Victor Oladipo is in his 6th year & became an all star instantly. Russ bring incredible energy and us a unique talent but making other people better isn’t what he does. Schroeder, PG3, and Adams all skyrocket in production.

The Westbrook usage black hole. Great for DFS, not sure about actual basketball. I like to watch him play when he’s on as he’s got that fire in his belly which is very entertaining, but he definitely does not make guys around him better.

• hobbes2d

@machzeagher said...

That’s what I’m thinking. Klay/Dray leaves room for Tobias/Murray/Milsap with some value guys. KD makes it ugly, especially for single entry.

Also I kind of hate playing any guys against Houston who PJ Tucker is probably going to guard for parts of the game.

• noddy

@Numberboy said...

of course Schroder, PG13, and Adams are going to skyrocket in production

• Njsum1

@kbsktbll88 said...

Kyrie wasn’t injured in those finals. He played every game and played well in all but 1. And yes I’ll use the argument regarding Drays suspension, as he was suspended for THE most important game in the series. It was a game 5 close out game at home. Then after the Cavs won game 5 the warriors play on the road in Cleveland where Cleveland won. Now it’s game 7 and anything can happen. That series was over in 5 if Dray doesn’t get suspended.

Plus everyone is all about championship, championship, championship…personally, I don’t care as much. Plenty of superior teams throughout history, throughout all sports get unlucky and lose the championship. The 2007 Pats come to mind…the greatest football team OF ALL TIME gets unlucky when Eli Manning Forrest Gumps his way to a helmet catch by David Tyree, who wasn’t even on the team the following year.

That warriors team without KD was the 2nd greatest team of all time, championship or not. Steph is the most important player on the team.

• mbunner23

@Numberboy said...

Sabonis was no longer playing behind Kanter and Adams, that had more to do with his production increase than Westbrook holding him back.

• DarthPasta

Have a semi-decent LU with both DDR and LMA in it…am I crazy? They can’t both go for 50 at the same time, can they? Especially with how LMA seems to burn everyone (myself included).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).